We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Plants dieing please help Options

Mr Fantasy
#1 Posted : 10/23/2009 9:14:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just replanted my two Salvia plants about two weeks ago and know the leaves are turning brown on the edges and then dropping.
I replanted them doing the polyester rope trick to hang out of the bottom into a bowl of water to keep them moist. Found here.

One plant has lost most of the leave and the other is now following.
Any thoughts? Please help, I don't want them to die.

all of my posts are fictional

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 10/23/2009 10:08:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would say wayy to much watering..let the soil dry out completely between waterings..hopefully they make it through..almost looks like you have been misting them..if you are I would stop.

I find when they get like that it's even hard to take cuttings..they dont seem to root very well when they are not from a healthy mother..

good luck..
Long live the unwoke.

Mr Fantasy
#3 Posted : 10/24/2009 4:02:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So here is what I did, I replanted them in different pots, with the organic potting soil mixed with some perlite.
When I dug them out the soil was really wet all the way down. The rope method brings up too much water.
I left the new soil light and fluffy till the roots dry a little, then I will water.

I also set them next to my bed at a east facing window near my head so they will get a little carbon dioxide. The temp in the bed room is about 68F

They were in my computer room where the temp is pretty high from my computers, about 78F.

I live in Michigan and it is starting to get cold out so I have the windows closed. I don't have the heat on yet, but when I do turn it on it gets dry, so I will need to watch that.

I am just wondering if tomorrow I should place a humidity tent over them.

Also I did find some spider mites on a leaf of one of the plants, so I sprayed it very lightly with some Earth-tone 3n1 pink bottle.

Luckily I do have cuttings from pieces that fell off when I got them, They are rooting nicely and are in nice shape. All in tents.

jamie
#4 Posted : 10/24/2009 4:31:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I wouldnt personally use any humidity tent..I grow salvia in canada and my plants came indoors about 2 weeks ago and I dont use any type of humidity dome..
Long live the unwoke.

Mr Fantasy
#5 Posted : 10/24/2009 5:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks, I will try without.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/24/2009 11:06:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

yaea too much water..and i live in the north east us..and my salvia plants dont do well in humidity domes
it's a sound

69ron
#7 Posted : 10/24/2009 11:27:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM once had a fantastic salvia plant growing without any humidity tent. It was very potent. Just 1 fresh leaf (had to be fresh) held in the cheek for 10 minutes was enough for a very pleasant mushroom-like experience.

He was living in western US where it gets 100 F in the summer and it’s pretty dry. He would mist his plants a few times a day and that was good enough (a few dry spots here and there on the leaves, but overall pretty healthy) until one day it reached about 108 F and SWIM came home from work to find the plant was completely dead. It was shocking to see just how fast salvia can die from dry air.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.