We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nexus Demographics Survey Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD PLEASE READ THIS POST.

So this came up in a topic over in Science & Philosophy, and I think it would be kind of fun to get some data on the demographics of your average Nexian. Unfortunately, I can't do multiple polls in a topic, so we're going to have to do self-reported posts.

Obviously we can't ensure that anyone is telling the truth, but please be honest. There's not much we can actually do with the information, but it would be nice to have a sense of who we're communicating with.

Given the quality of discussion here, I think we can all be reasonably certain that no one is going to harass you for your identity.

So, without further ado, please respond with:

Age Range:
Race/Ethnicity:
Languages Spoken:
Favorite Flavor of Icecream:

Other things you can add (but don't have to b/c they can be sensitive) would be:

Annual Income (+job):
Highest Level of Education Attained:
Illnesses/Disabilities:

[EDITED TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES POST BELOW - CONSIDER THIS TABLED UNTIL WE FIGURE OUT SOMETHING BETTER]

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

cyb
#2 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Please be aware : ...

THIS

No sharing of any real life information
Due to the nature of the topics discussed on this forum it is not allowed to post any information that will reveal one's identity. Examples of this are facebook pages, personal websites, email addresses, home addresses, photo's of one self or any other means that will give handles to have you tracked in real life.

Thankyou

(not really sure that providing 'outside influences' with so much metadata is such a good idea...just sayin'...)
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There should be an option to provide this info without tying it to your username.

pitubo
#4 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:43:36 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I'd rather be seen for the contributions to the forum than for whatever social construct people may fancy to identify me or themselves with.

It doesn't appear wise to me to present too much personal information on internet forums in general and more particularly so on forums centering on topics that may in various times and places be considered highly controversial.

I don't have facebook, nor do I want to. Let's not turn this forum into another tool for datamining, profiling and doxing.

Nathanial.Dread
#5 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:54:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
There should be an option to provide this info without tying it to your username.

that was my initial plan, but unfortunately, you can only do one poll per topic, so you'd need a bunch of topics for each axis. If you guys can come up with a better way, that would be ideal.

The goal is not to figure out who's who on The Nexus, but rather, get information about what kind of people make up our community, and maybe get some broader insight into the makeup of the psychedelic using community. I think this could be a really useful dataset.

I don't think any of the data mentioned here could be traced back to a person - it's all very broad stuff, the kind of thing that pollsters ask about, fairly standard on any sociology study.

Blessings
~ND

pitubo
#6 Posted : 10/25/2016 3:14:02 PM

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I don't think any of the data mentioned here could be traced back to a person - it's all very broad stuff, the kind of thing that pollsters ask about, fairly standard on any sociology study.

When google says "Don't be evil", we all believe that, right?

I think that you know more about neuroscience than about datamining. (Notice how you didn't say anything about neuroscience in your survey entry.)

Nathanial.Dread
#7 Posted : 10/25/2016 3:23:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

When google says "Don't be evil", we all believe that, right?

I think that you know more about neuroscience than about datamining. (Notice how you didn't say anything about neuroscience in your survey entry.)

Realistically, anything that 'they' find out about me via this particular post can probably already be discovered. I'm sure that Trav's security is good, but I have no doubt that, if they wanted to, something like NSA or Google could figure out the i.p. address that 'Nathanial.Dread' usually posts from, who that computer belongs to, where I live, my bank account number and probably my favorite flavor of icecream.

I at least consider that particular war lost. If you don't, you don't need to post any information, but I don't think for a moment that anyone who really wanted to figure out who we are is sitting on their hands, waiting anxiously for that crucial piece of information that can only be revealed by a form post like this one.

Blessings
~ND

cyb
#8 Posted : 10/25/2016 3:31:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
but I don't think for a moment that anyone who really wanted to figure out who we are is sitting on their hands, waiting anxiously for that crucial piece of information that can only be revealed by a form post like this one.

That may (or may not) be true...as of today...

But what happens later, when some other crazy ass right wing government that 'might' rule a future world, wants to dig around their data centers and drag up your 'past misdemeanors'

I seem to remember intellectuals and free-thinking people getting wiped from the face of the earth during some war or another...

It's (relatively) calm today ... but tomorrow is another nightmare...

the intricacies of cyber spying are real...

International rules of law vary...

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

pitubo
#9 Posted : 10/25/2016 3:48:52 PM

Big Brother has more little brothers than you can think of.

Prospective employers, customers, neighbors or spouses. Your own children (or their classmates.)

nexalizer
#10 Posted : 10/25/2016 11:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

1. Create survey https://www.typeform.com/

2. Fill survey up with tor browser downloaded from https://www.torproject.org/

3. Wow results
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

fathomlessness
#11 Posted : 10/26/2016 9:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blue eyes, blond hair, big tits... need i say moar? Big grin

Intezam
#12 Posted : 10/26/2016 9:43:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 10/26/2016 10:36:45 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I locked this topic to prevent individual user profiling.

In the mean time, check this:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...stics_user.php?sid=28233

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler
#14 Posted : 10/26/2016 6:28:03 PM

"No, seriously"

Allright, I unlocked this thread again so we can discuss the survey statistics in the link I posted. If needed we can always add another survey.

So people, please do not add any personal data that can be linked to your profile!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

pitubo
#15 Posted : 10/26/2016 7:48:55 PM

Perhaps the dataset could use a sensible value filter? Values like weight = 999 kilogram, height = 18288 meters (that's over 18 kilometers) and age = 6969 years do not make sense.

Right now, the average respondent's length stands as 184 meter and the average age is almost 60 years. Standard deviations for weight, height and age are equally silly.

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 10/26/2016 9:07:35 PM

"No, seriously"

pitubo wrote:
Perhaps the dataset could use a sensible value filter? Values like weight = 999 kilogram, height = 18288 meters (that's over 18 kilometers) and age = 6969 years do not make sense.

Right now, the average respondent's length stands as 184 meter and the average age is almost 60 years. Standard deviations for weight, height and age are equally silly.

Good one, I cleared the database from all obviously fake records. It looks much better now.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...stics_user.php?sid=28233

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Nathanial.Dread
#17 Posted : 10/26/2016 9:23:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure when the data from that survey is, but I would be interested in updating the survey (and would be willing to do the legwork of designing such a thing). The results are interesting, but the survey itself is missing what I would consider some key pieces of information, as well as not providing any correlations between the existing categories (eg: are people who engage in a spiritual practice more or less likely to consider their psychedelic experiences mystical?). A t-test or Wilcoxon rank-sum test could be easily implemented in something like R to do the analysis.

The existing survey seemed aimed more at getting at the nature of the psychedelic experience rather than WHO is seeking out the psychedelic experience, which is what I'm after.

Blessings
~ND

The Traveler
#18 Posted : 10/26/2016 9:59:06 PM

"No, seriously"

Nathanial.Dread, I have send you a PM with the login information to create a new Survey.

Kind regards,

The Traveler