We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
severe bloating with san pedro - advice needed Options

explorer7
#1 Posted : 10/25/2016 6:09:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nexus family, SWIM came back from an all night experience with san pedro.
i had fasted before the ceremony and had a very empty stomach.

The facilitator leading the ceremony cooks the san pedro so that it is not so concentrated.
In total we drank 3 large glasses of san pedro.

i experienced several bloated stomach for 9 hours. i purged 4 hours into the ceremony yet it to no avail, stomach was feeling severely bloated. After the ceremony was I able to reduce the bloating with an enema.

The healing received was immense.

However, I wonder is the severe bloating common?

What to take before or during the ceremony to reduce the bloating next time?

Thanks in advance
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

teotenakeltje
#2 Posted : 10/25/2016 11:38:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems to be very common for many users. Next time you could try several things:

Eat some ginger.

Maybe eat a light snack in the morning, like some fruit.

Extract the mescaline. Crude or pure extract. Should be easier on the stomach.

You will have to experiment what works best for you, but be aware that drinking cactus will often be accompagnied by bloating/nausea/cramps, and it seems to be part of the experience.

I have harvested my cacti and I won't bother with drinking tea again.

Wolfnippletip
#3 Posted : 10/25/2016 1:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also don't reduce mine down too much and end up drinking anywhere from a half liter to more than a liter of tea. I usually purge at about an hour and a half and experience no gastric problems after that. The one time I didn't purge I experienced some cramping beginning at about T+5 which lasted for several hours. The difference seems to be the tea making it to the intestines.

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

explorer7
#4 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's friend is the one making the brew and likes the very watery version, as it has really helps to flush his kidneys.
So I won't be able to touch the making of the brew.

I will definitely try the ginger.

And maybe also eat some Papaya right before hand.

I do an tea-enema before any ceremony to have a very empty stomach. Wonder if that created the issue.

The others in the group weren't experiencing severe bloating like me ... also curious about that.
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Poekus
#5 Posted : 10/25/2016 7:24:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I get the bloating and T+7 heartburn especially during nightly sessions. Tea or extract does not make any difference except for the extract causes less onset nausea. Daytime sessions usually are much easier on the stomach ime.
You might have a more sensitve stomach as your fellow travellers. Is your stomach easily irritated when sober?
Rennies can help a great deal (calcium carbonate). The Rennie Deflatine version has simethicone in it which greatly reduces the bloating within 20 minutes. I took it during mescaline sessions without any side effects.

explorer7
#6 Posted : 10/25/2016 7:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do have a sensitive stomach, easily get gas when eating vegetables.

I will buy the Rennie Deflatine right away! Thank you!!

Do you take the Rennie right before drinking the San Pedro or once the bloating starts?

Poekus
#7 Posted : 10/25/2016 8:30:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:

Do you take the Rennie right before drinking the San Pedro or once the bloating starts?

I take it once the bloating or burning starts overshadowing the experience in a negative way.

explorer7
#8 Posted : 10/25/2016 9:08:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Talk about overshadowing the experience ... SWIM was in pain for about 8 hours last weekend.
It just kept going and going.
Frankly, very surprised it happened as SWIM didn't expect that from the San Pedro.

Thanks again

Chaska
#9 Posted : 12/16/2016 8:17:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3 cups is an immense amount of liquid for a fasted body

i can't drink more than 6 oz without a nausea battle
grow plants, make tea, love life