We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
India Options

Thistle Elf
#1 Posted : 10/24/2016 9:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So in a couple of weeks I'll go to India for a while. Anyone has some great places I should definitely visit? Smile
Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ganesh
#2 Posted : 10/24/2016 9:52:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thistle Elf wrote:
So in a couple of weeks I'll go to India for a while. Anyone has some great places I should definitely visit? Smile

Where to start? Tastes are individual and India has great places to visit all over the place. You'll need a guidebook and some planning from wherever you start.

Basically the left half of india is jam packed with sights. Its a big country so you'll need several months to see the sights: North India, Rajasthan, Cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Mysore, etc, Ajanta and Ellora caves, Goa and Hampi, Kovalam and backwaters trip by boat towards Cochin....the i haven't even begun! I was there only 6 months, and travelling in India can be tiring and long winded. Be prepared to get sick, read up on dealing with travellers dihorrea, and only drink bottled water...., etc, you'd best get reading Pleased

More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/24/2016 10:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where in India did you consider going? How long are you staying?

I highly suggest going to Hampi if you're near Goa/Karnataka.

If you're up north, I think the himalayas will be already quite cold, but if you go right now, you may still get the charas harvesting season (if you're into that sort of thing). If you go parvati/kullu valley, I suggest going to smaller places avoiding Manali. Kheerganga hotsprings are very special, and so is Malana. There are many amazing hikes, the Chandrakani pass was incredible, but better get a local guide (if you're there shoot me a pm I might give directions to one). I hear the pass to Spiti Valley is amazing too. But I would avoid all these places in winter, better either go now or wait for spring.

I'd love to go to Leh and Ladakh next time too.

In winter I'd probably head more south, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Andaman Islands etc...

Have a great trip ! Let us know how it goes!

Take pics and post here Smile

Thistle Elf
#4 Posted : 10/24/2016 2:28:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll fly to Goa and start there to go to who knows where. Then after 4 months or so I'll go in the direction of Nepal. So the northern states will be pretty cold I think. I definitely will post some updates Smile.
Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

cyb
#5 Posted : 10/24/2016 3:15:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Can't recommend Hampi highly enough
backpackers dream location, highly spiritual.

HERE

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Intezam
#6 Posted : 10/24/2016 5:39:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you head south from Goa (onward to Jog falls & Hampi) you might want to visit a place called Gokarna. If you loike untouched remote beaches, you could camp at Nirvana Beach. Nirvana Beach is best reached from Kumta. While the beach is seldom visited by tourists, it has the advantage that Farooqi Mohalla is nearby and you can get supplies from there (if you cook yourself)