We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Tripping while on a 4 days fast Options

jamie
#21 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Not trying to stop you here, but since this is a health and safety forum I'm inclined to share this info I happened to find on what actually goes on with your body when you stop eating.

6-72 hours after your last meal you get in a state known as "ketosis" where the brain no longer has nutrients in your body to feed it and uses your fat cells as a reserve. This works for a while but your cognitive effects might not be as sharp as when you're full-fed.

You don't have to be starving to reach this state, take athletes for example. They have special diets and because of them being constantly in motion they reach this state much faster and don't necessarily feel hungry but they do lose fat.

3-7 days after your last meal the body starts to break down it's own protein so you will lose some muscle tissue. This explains why you feel weaker.

A week and more will make your bone density weaken significantly and you could become sick because the immune system is practically down now. This is a state of really poor health, where you could potentially seek medical attention in case you start feeling really bad. I wouldn't recommend going that long without food for anyone.

3 weeks to 70 days - Death.

This is a rough estimate done by a research performed while the hunger strikes were happening. The time you reach certain states depends hugely on your previous eating habits, how much fat cells your body has to use as a reserve, your general health, etc.

I hope you find this info to be as some sort of help. It is always better to know than doing test a trials on yourself, which could potentially have serious consequences regardless of what kind of experiment you're doing.

Couple issues here..for one if you really want suggest fasting is that dangerous physically or that one can attain siimilar results with yoga etc, please provide some sources. There are countless studies that have highlighted the physical benefits of fasting.

In terms of nutritional ketosis, it's going to take a lot more than three days for most to enter a true ketogenic state. I live much of my life in ketosis and monitor by ketone levels daily. It can take weeks for many people to enter nutritional ketosis but a water fast will push ya there much faster. To enter keto by the third day off carbs means your well fat adapted already which is not most people.

Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 1/12/2018 1:57:46 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ok, so I finished my 3 day fast. I did not end up taking active psychedelics at the end, maybe next time.

It was an interesting experience. Hunger was intense, but not the whole time. My first breakfast on the 4th day was amazing. Also, maybe my immune system has been somewhat regenerated.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Wakinyan
#23 Posted : 1/24/2018 2:55:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

4 days without food, water, or sleep while standing in one place is how many vision quest and was how I was taught to vision quest. You don't need anything to have a waking dream if you practice this way as after about 48 hours the visions will start to come if not sooner in some cases. With that being said, taking pejuta can definitely alter the effects in what I would consider a positive and more profound way.

With that being said, why do something so difficult if one does not need to? If it is your tradition or you feel especially drawn to do something like this then by all means look into it. Explore that possibility, but don't undertake it lightly. Some even make the experience more profound by fasting in darkness. The Taoist tradition is one that comes to mind that uses the dark to accentuate that experience.

I wish you well in whatever you decide to do.
When I graft you graft we graft

smokerx
#24 Posted : 1/24/2018 6:02:05 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Interesting thread here. I am doing one day water only fast today will post back how it went. Shouldn't be such big deal though. I would like to do more but I am afraid that this would effect my work performance. Will see.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Doc Buxin
#25 Posted : 1/24/2018 10:11:33 PM

Pay No Mind

Wakinyan wrote:
...4 days without food, water, or sleep while standing in one place is how many vision quest and was how I was taught to vision quest...

I once did a 3-day version of this sitting very still meditating in a small jungle hut in front of a pile of human bones (this was, according to the monks I was apprenticing with, to let the idea of impermanence sink into my psyche deeply). Around what I was pretty sure was the half way mark (approx. 36 hours) I was given a hefty dose of LSD (approx. 1 mg). This obviously enhanced the whole experience exponentially and also helped me continue for the next 36 hours without falling asleep even though my legs had already fallen asleep shortly after hour six or seven.

Wakinyan wrote:
...You don't need anything to have a waking dream if you practice this way as after about 48 hours the visions will start to come if not sooner in some cases...

So true...

Wakinyan wrote:
...why do something so difficult if one does not need to?

Why not?
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

PREV12