We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Would you say smoking spice is worth a shot after trying ayahuasca? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 10/19/2016 1:08:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I never got around in smoking DMT freebase, not that I had no money or anything I just figured investing in ayahuasca would be more bang for a buck or perhaps a wiser choice. Needless to say, I didn't regret it.

Even though I had powerful experiences with ayahuasca, I still feel I didn't quite reach the DMT hyperspace all smokers talk about. I'm pretty sure aya isn't just a slowed down and less intense version of it, and I think it might even be metabolized differently. In simple terms, I think it might be a different experience altogether.

There's also still an element of curiosity towards spice, since I never tried DMT on it's own I can't imagine what would it be like.

I also hear some stuff that seems rather off-putting, that has kept me from trying it in the first place. I hear there is very little recall of what happened, I also hear people don't learn much too but get wild visuals/hallucinations. Supposedly some do it purely recreationally, just to please their eyes. I've also heard about a guy who "doesn't care about the psychedelic aspect of it" and just does it for the euphoria.

I'm sure people feel great after smoking spice, but would you say a breakthrough dose is more meaningful than what some describe? Sure it is faster, but there is something about that "psychedelic crack" or "businessmens trip" comparison which seems awfully practically since I lead a busy life. I would also like to gain some insight from that short trip and fast trip, is it possible? I sincerely hope so.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 10/19/2016 3:14:24 AM

Come what may

You get what you put into anything. Comparing psychedelics is not productive in my mind. Neither is comparing your experiences with that of others. People venture into the weird world of psychedelics for various reasons. I see no point in comparison.

I ingested DMT many times before I decided to try Ayahuasca. Ayahuasca was another experience altogether from DMT. Similarities and differences in both experiences. The same could be said for high dose mushrooms. Comparing the experiences takes away from them.

I have had such profound, amazing, and transformative experiences on every psychedelic I have ever tried. They all provide something. They are all tools in the box. The hammer is no better than the screwdriver. Used together without comparison and you can build something.

There is only one comparison I would make between Ayahuasca and DMT and that is Ayahuasca is like jumping out of a plane and DMT is like a bungee jump.

Q:Would I say smoking spice is worth a shot after trying Ayahuasca?
A:Absolutely!!!!!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Jees
#3 Posted : 10/19/2016 6:09:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
...I hear there is very little recall of what happened, I also hear people don't learn much too...
This is the typical effect of expectations and pre-conditioning of an experience, like "If it is not like this-or-that then jadajada".
Can one let that loose?

I would go aya for learning and understanding while I would go dimitri for other reasons like frontal un-learning and integrating not-understanding.

If one expects the same from both, disappointment awaits, and as always the messenger/pianist gets shot for it, yeah someone something must be blamed Confused

Glossolalia
#4 Posted : 10/19/2016 8:42:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you've come this far, by all means, try N,N DMT in a proper smoking apparatus and hang-on tight.

I've done it more times than I care to admit, and while the lose-dose hits can be compared to one another, every high-dose experience is a different thing. Every. Single. One.

So it's useless for me to tell you about how I danced with Kali or was flung around a cosmic pinball machine or lost in the Alien Office Complex. There's no need to learn about McKenna's self-dribbling basketballs. You shouldn't desire any specific experience, that's contrary to the nature of the trip. What it brings to you is for you alone. You take a hit and see what it has in store for you.

The problem of not being able to bring things back is very real, but part of the experience. It's intrinsic to the ineffable. In fact, I think what we call the "reintegration" (when you snap out of it) is one of the most dramatic parts of the whole trip. You can go from a state of egolessness, forgetting who you are, just being in a realm of pure awareness unattached to the material world, to being John Q. Public that needs to be to work in an hour. All in a matter of seconds, you remember who you are. There's nothing quite like it.
I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes. — Walt Whitman

3rdI
#5 Posted : 10/19/2016 9:14:42 AM

veni, vidi, spici

yes, definately worth it, get it done, ive taken more from my Magic use than from any other psychedelic.

its way better than aya Very happy
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

pitubo
#6 Posted : 10/19/2016 11:23:57 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Vape dmt -> psychedelic flabbergasm

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 10/19/2016 4:59:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Vaping DMT is definitely an interesting experience. Though for me when I compare it to pharmahusaca, I got more out of my pharmahuasca sessions, they were deeper, longer and more special to me.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

#8 Posted : 10/19/2016 5:35:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

For me personally out of all the experiences i've had with DMT (brews/smoking) id have to say that 1:1 changa was hands down my most powerful, most transformative. When I smoke though I make sure that I go for broke each and every time.

teotenakeltje
#9 Posted : 10/19/2016 10:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT is very meaningful to me although I do not understand the meaning of it.
Even if you only take back a fraction of what just happened, it can take ages to integrate the experience

Quote:
If you've come this far, by all means, try N,N DMT in a proper smoking apparatus and hang-on tight.
The problem of not being able to bring things back is very real, but part of the experience. It's intrinsic to the ineffable. In fact, I think what we call the "reintegration" (when you snap out of it) is one of the most dramatic parts of the whole trip. You can go from a state of egolessness, forgetting who you are, just being in a realm of pure awareness unattached to the material world, to being John Q. Public that needs to be to work in an hour. All in a matter of seconds, you remember who you are. There's nothing quite like it.[/quote=Glossolalia]

tseuq
#10 Posted : 10/20/2016 8:22:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Would you say smoking spice is worth a shot after trying ayahuasca?

NO! Stop

But if you still want to blast off, hopp on, we are already "waiting" to welcome you! Love

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

1ce
#11 Posted : 10/22/2016 1:49:27 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

I've never done ayahuasca or oral dmt. But I do feel vaping dmt was worth while. I can't exactly put my finger on why or how but I feel as though my life has improved from those experiences, and that I've developed more as a responsible and healthy person.

But my thoughts are subjective, and I can't offer you more than that.

_Arcane_
#12 Posted : 10/22/2016 8:56:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Split the difference and try harmala heavy changa, that is my default advice for those medically able to smoke it, as you have been ok with ayahuasca that should be some indication that you should be ok with changa

The recall on changa is easier.

In my opinion that is the best balance of the two with the gentle comedown of harmala heavy changa quite similar in my view to the one ayahuasca and one pharmahuasca journey I had, personally I prefer the pharmahuasca approach to ayahuasca because of the reduced unpleasant physical effects etc, try vaped pure dmt for sure it's a very "bright" visual whistlestop experience it's the espresso to changa's latte, happy travels! Thumbs up
LamVamRamYamHamKshamOm

Tommi
#13 Posted : 10/22/2016 3:32:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it definetly is. I'd suggest viewing it through the lenses of planet (aya), cosmos (spice), and you may percieve different things.
Remember... 8 is infinity spelled sideways!

Build:Apotechary

fathomlessness
#14 Posted : 10/23/2016 12:03:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have actually been thinking recently about what the value of smoking DMT is.

I came to the conclusion that the short change in perception gives a greater contrast to everyone's normal "sane" state of mind and the unimaginable glories of altered awareness encountered with DMT.

If you never knew anything else then what would qualify you to say what the normal state of mind actually is? Not only that, it is actually VERY pleasant to finally get out of the monotonous garbage thought-loop trap that we call sanity or sobriety.

In many ways it feels like the loosening of a straight jacket that has been on for far too long and has caused far too many itches that have gone unscratched.

Then again, if played foolishly or not considered with caution the tables can turn and it can be the DMT that causes the straight jacket upon the everyday consensus experience of life until you wish you had never even bothered with DMT to start with. I have had both and found it can be hard to control, especially considering the fact that humans aren't even sure yet if they control all of their own thoughts.

Final Incarnate
#15 Posted : 11/15/2016 10:17:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely worth it .

Final Incarnate is an RPG Character in Terra's Terra . Everything this character has done or does is part of an RPG Story