CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV293031
Harmine, harmaline and THH from Syrian Rue. Verification and finetuning of the VDS-protocols Options

BongQuixote
#601 Posted : 2/4/2021 9:47:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
At what stage do you actually filter the Harmalas?

Right after reduction, but then I also vacuum filter between basically every step, including the five manskes. There is so much stuff in rue, and hard to get it all out. I work with whole seeds, leaves enough of a mess in my opinion. If you look at VDS yield, he didn't get a big bump from the extraction he did with blended seeds instead of whole, so I'm ok with it.

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.

BongQuixote
#602 Posted : 2/4/2021 9:50:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Can't discern the globes on the THH picture, but if the harmaline is gone (which is clearly the case) then it can't really go else than THH I presume.

That's my hope! I certainly seems to be active in the way advertised.

BongQuixote wrote:
...Harmaline: Like harmine, but 4 times stronger MAOI...I've been searching a long time for articles about claims in that sense, if anyone has links to studies or so ...... you're very much appreciated Love

I've just read it all over this forum in many different threads, but I don't have a source apart from hearsay.

Jules_supertramp
#603 Posted : 2/5/2021 12:33:28 PM

Supetramp

King Tryptamine wrote:

The source you linked made no mention of the MAOI(s) used and whether or not the type of MAOI being used was the reversible kind as is the case with harmine or moclobemide or the irreversible kind such phenelzine. There's a major difference between the safety of the two types.

There are plenty of reverences if you scroll down the page. They talk mosly about the issue with RIMAs.
You are right they talk about the bigger quantities or specially aged foods but what if one eats pickled foods or supplements Tyrosin for instance. It's definitely better to read about the foods to avoid before consuming any MAOI imo.
...so forth and so on...

Jules_supertramp
#604 Posted : 2/5/2021 12:34:09 PM

Supetramp

The next time I do it, I gonna split the seeds into half pounds and grind only half of itThumbs up .
I also got some seed extract it says >10% alkaloids on the package I'm curious if this works..then the filtering would be worth its while for sure.
...so forth and so on...

Loveall
#605 Posted : 2/5/2021 3:54:46 PM

💖

Chemical expertSenior Member

BongQuixote wrote:
Jees wrote:
Can't discern the globes on the THH picture, but if the harmaline is gone (which is clearly the case) then it can't really go else than THH I presume.

That's my hope! I certainly seems to be active in the way advertised.

BongQuixote wrote:
...Harmaline: Like harmine, but 4 times stronger MAOI...I've been searching a long time for articles about claims in that sense, if anyone has links to studies or so ...... you're very much appreciated Love

I've just read it all over this forum in many different threads, but I don't have a source apart from hearsay.

I think Harmine and Harmaline are roughly equivalent in MAO-A inhibition.

In rue seeds ~ 90% of inhibition is from Harmine/Harmaline. Also, ~ 10% is from Harmalol which most of us dump down the drain as basified tea (it's difficult but not impossible to extract).
“... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

Jees
#606 Posted : 2/5/2021 8:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Hey Jees, have you seem the attached paper?...Cheers.
Yes, a long time ago I mentioned it in this thread, and elsewhere, asking for hints. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...amp;m=764294#post764294

Wonder, maybe because harmaline is more taxing than harmine, then a mixup happens between 'taxing' and 'maoi'?

Loveall
#607 Posted : 2/5/2021 9:29:43 PM

💖

Chemical expertSenior Member

Jees wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Hey Jees, have you seem the attached paper?...Cheers.
Yes, a long time ago I mentioned it in this thread, and elsewhere, asking for hints. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...amp;m=764294#post764294

Wonder, maybe because harmaline is more taxing than harmine, then a mixup happens between 'taxing' and 'maoi'?

Though you may have already, and you showed the same plot 👍
“... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

Jagube
#608 Posted : 2/6/2021 1:12:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

I'm currently working on ascertaining if there is a difference in alkaloid profile between material which has been extracted using ascorbic acid and that which has had a less strongly reducing acid. Subjectively, harmala decoction with ascorbic acid seems to be more euphoric. I'll abstain from speculation at this point but the plan is to see whether there is a greater amount of THH present in the ascorbic acid brew.

Somewhat OT, but if this works, it would be interesting to see if using ascorbic acid instead of vinegar in the acid step of A/B DMT extractions (especially with aged material) increases yield.

Did your rue extraction involve heat? Ascorbic acid is rather sensitive to heat.

«PREV293031