We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Worms attack ! What is that ? Options

DansMaTete
#1 Posted : 10/15/2016 10:15:37 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

My dear four ribbed bridge has been infested with worms, so sad.

after i cut it:

Wound once cleaned out:

First i thought it was rot so i choose to cut it to save it. It was weird cause it didn't spread as usual and when i inspected the wound i found some worms. In fact there was no rot and they were slowly eating my baby from inside.
Here 2 of them (the bigger ~6mm) :

There were severals of them, from 1mm (hard to see) to 10mm, white translucent, able to move quite fast crawling and also curling on themself and spring at 1 or 2cm.

I hope it's only an isolated case. I checked the cactus crowd in the garden and it doesn't seem to spread but any information would be welcomed from you, cactus lovers.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Poekus
#2 Posted : 10/16/2016 5:46:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's a Pitty. Those Worms.... Mescal myth. Extract those bastards, maybe they re full of goodies.

Ulim
#3 Posted : 10/16/2016 9:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try to scrape off any visible eggs. Look at the cactus for holes in the body and poke the worm in them dead. Change soil spray the cactus with ~50% isoprop or ethanol.
Make sure to wash the alcohol off or your cactus will get chemical burns.
You could also look into getting a more "industrial grade" insect killer. Just make sure you use something that doesnt kill the cactus with it.
Also it would be best to use something that is harmless to usefull insects and animals.

skoobysnax
#4 Posted : 1/26/2017 8:45:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if BT spray would get rid of these? It is a pathogen that kills caterpillars. I use it on my kale and broccoli. Non toxic to humans.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Swayambhu
#5 Posted : 1/27/2017 10:53:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A decoction of nicotiana rustica or similar nicotiana app will put these little wretches in their place.
An easy and valuable plant to grow and have around.
USE WITH CARE, remembering nicotine is toxic.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/27/2017 9:55:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It might be interesting to see what these insect larvae grow up to be. Then there would be a bigger picture to see.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DansMaTete
#7 Posted : 1/27/2017 10:48:49 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

I still don't know what is it (and i won't let them grow up, even for science sake !) and i had few other case (3 or 4 on few hundred of cacti so no panic yet).
When i find them, i just clean the wound, put some cinnamon and let it dry.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »