We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
locked forum / Promotion request Options

skullfarmer
#1 Posted : 10/22/2009 3:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MODERATOR EDIT wrote:
Threads that are not actual introduction essays but just requesting membership are merged here. Here is part of the welcome message that all new members now receive, explaining how promotion works:

New members posting limits - To prevent influx of badly intended members, new members are restricted to posting in the nursery area until they get promoted, which is usually just a matter of short time and a few genuine posts. Be patient, do not constantly ask for being promoted, it will happen! Remember, when promotion happens, you wont receive any message. You can notice you have been promoted by looking at the left side of your posts, just below your avatar. If there is a seedling icon, you are still in the nursery. Once this icon dissapears, you have been promoted.

do i have to be a full "member" before im able to post in other threads? i dont know if i just picked a bad time to post or im locked out of threads but many appear locked?

can someone clarify this for me ? thanks

skullfarmer

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 10/22/2009 3:57:16 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

skullfarmer wrote:
do i have to be a full "member" before im able to post in other threads? i dont know if i just picked a bad time to post or im locked out of threads but many appear locked?

can someone clarify this for me ? thanks

skullfarmer

Hi skullfarmer,

All new members can only post in the nursery subsections. After promotion you can post in the other sections.
You get your promotion if you show that you are an active and genuine member of the DMT-Nexus community for a certain time.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

skullfarmer
#3 Posted : 10/22/2009 4:05:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nevermind! i just read why the fourm is locked.i need to start reading the fine print Cool

cashewman1
#4 Posted : 11/16/2009 10:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well as fun as it is to galavant around in the nursery there comes a time in every persons life when they need to spread their wings and fly! Haha, more or less I am hoping to get promoted to full membership, If my posts and general decorum have not demonstrated well enough that I could be a contributing member to the nexus, and more or less that im not a trolling, flaming, asshat, then I will understand. I would really like to be able to participate in conversations with other members since this forum is very large, and while the nursery provides stimulating material I would prefer to be able to participate in all the platforms available on this forum. So I guess heres hoping Smile
Cash
I am here to restructure my priorities in a way to most benefit all

-Everything posted here is fantasy please do not misinterpret the posting of a role playing board for reality

kyrolima
#5 Posted : 11/16/2009 10:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Begging does not help.
elusive illusion

cashewman1
#6 Posted : 11/17/2009 12:02:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr. DMT,
It seems every one of my threads you reply in you leave a negative, and more or less non helpful comment.
This was not begging, it says that if you want full membership state your case here, that is what I did, I would appreciate you not misinterpreting.
Thanks
cash

-Everything posted here is fantasy please do not misinterpret the posting of a role playing board for reality

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 11/17/2009 1:28:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just take it as a hint.
No offence intended.

For me it seems like it.

You will get membership IN TIME, there is no way to speed up that process!
If the members are in favour of it!
elusive illusion

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 11/17/2009 3:31:51 PM

The Great Namah

You've got 19 posts and only joined 2 weeks ago!!!!! While the # of posts is only a part of being promoted, it is a part, and 19 posts and 2 weeks are just not enough.

See, at one point we didn't have a nursery, but as the Nexus grew we realized that we needed to get to know our new members first.

One of the main reasons we even have a nursery is for the Nexus to get to know you. Relax, enjoy what you have now. You are able to read all of the Nexus, and there is A LOT of info there you probably don't know. It might save you some time and energy later if you did some reading up, on DMT Wiki, in old threads, and even engaging our members in chat (I think you have access to chat).

Be at ease, you will be promoted when we feel we know you a bit better.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

cashewman1
#9 Posted : 11/18/2009 4:47:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes Yes I know a weak history preceeds me I do suppose, the only reason I ventured to give it a shot was the fact that I saw someone with 8 posts commenting in the main forums. Well you cant blame me for trying, as for reading up, I had been browsing this forum and the wiki for months and months before I signed up so yes I know there is much information to be ogled upon, I just like to get into the action.
But alas, I shall sit and wait my turn.
Smile

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 11/18/2009 7:38:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are some folks with only a handful of posts in the main section of this forum, because they've joined before the Nursery got established.

MagikVenom
#11 Posted : 11/18/2009 8:20:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could put your self on a crash course marathon. Reading and studying any number of topics commonly discussed here then show your new found knowledge by answering other noobs questions. This would be impressive because experienced mods who still answer noob questions would be spared repeating themselves.

Around here enthusiasm, honesty and the desire to assist others go a long way. The Nursery was not something planned and to be honest I would most likely just skip the Nursery by learning on my own reading the posts with no hope of joining. My ego would have been to big for the nursery. I am not bragging or apologizing that is just the way I was back in the day. That day of mine is now gone and its your day now and we have the Nursery for a very good reason.

We have not has a large number of trolls here but the few we did have to run out of here were pretty pathetic. They brought out the Worst of the Nexus. The fake trip report epidemic a wile back was quite disruptive. What motives did these "knuckle heads" have for hanging around here for weeks and then attempting to post experiences in the reports section?

One idiot confessed he was here because he was concerned that a hyperspace visit would cause the person to lose respect for there life in this world and just give up. This idiot made up extraction post and reports that were such BS it was unbelievable. I am sorry to report he was attacked by me and a few others. I am still waiting to see him in metaphoric HELL as I promised him at the timeTwisted Evil

Maybe some day we can abolish the Nursery until then the way to by pass it will be coming aboard and answering others questions with sound answers with your first post.

I do not think anyone here really likes the Nursery. Its existence was born of necessity not desire.

EDIT You request shows you are determined and that you recognize a goal for yourself. More importantly remember that in the big scheme of things it makes no diff if you are a full member of the Nexus or not.

I have been here awhile and my profile says groups "member" I like that I have been meaning to send the Traveler a note asking for a modification of my status.

I desire it to say "forever just a member" that is plenty for me. What do you say Traveler am I worthyLaughing Laughing

Its a bit of a trick question because I am already equal to my desire.

PEACE
MV

cashewman1
#12 Posted : 11/19/2009 2:22:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well thanks for the extensive post Magik, I suppose I didnt realize there was ever a trolling problem here (probably unapparent due to the existence of the nursery) but I am sure it comes with the terrirtory of any forum. I am trying to be active here and help with questions or give suggestion if I am able but I have a wild schedule between school, work and applications to graduate school/entrance exams so it does not always pan out well.
But the reason I joined the board was not so much do to its extensive data collection, that I can view w/o membership, and after all it is the internet, the info is everywhere haha. The real reason was because I like to converse and brain storm with people of like minds so I was just hoping to jump straight into the thick of it. Either way though I am content here, I just figured I would take a shot in the dark and see what happened haha.

maxzar100
#13 Posted : 11/19/2009 3:05:53 AM

Earth Child

cashewman1, i was once too a spirit, and before I knew it, without asking or anything like that, I was promoted to a full member. Just keep posting in the nursery, and im sure within a month you will get promoted.

Good things come to those who wait Pleased

But yes, I do understand your pain of being stuck in the nursery, there is not a very broad range of things to post about.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Spiced
#14 Posted : 11/19/2009 4:36:27 PM

Terra Incognita

You shall be nursed goddamnit! Razz

Just be a little patient, contribute to more topics, try to help other people and be kind, that's all it takes, especially being kind is a good thing, i noticed that the attitude of most Nexus members is very helpful and friendly, there is no place like this place, i love good people and this forum contains lot's of them. Very happy

I think the nursery actually is a great idea, this way there is less topic pollution from new members with negative or bad attitudes, plus, it motivates you to have the proper attitude, (not saying that you haven't) after a while the mods will enable you to post in the other sections, just be a little patient, it's not that bad is it?

Good luck!

The Traveler
#15 Posted : 11/19/2009 4:51:34 PM

"No, seriously"

MagikVenom wrote:
I do not think anyone here really likes the Nursery. Its existence was born of necessity not desire.

I have been here awhile and my profile says groups "member" I like that I have been meaning to send the Traveler a note asking for a modification of my status.

I desire it to say "forever just a member" that is plenty for me. What do you say Traveler am I worthyLaughing Laughing

You are worthy to your own desires. Pleased

Up till now the Nursery did wonders. People introduce themselves better, only people who really WANT to join, are joining now. Also many people who are already a full member seem to have more patience with 'new members' in the nursery, words like n00b aren't used as much anymore as it was before. Overal I have to say that the nursery is one hell of a good addition and it's here to stay.

As for promotion to full member, just wait until you have it.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

w0mbat
#16 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:39:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got to say I like the nursery too. It was a little frustrating not being able to post in the other areas, but so many knowledgeable people regularly read & post in the nursery that you can get pretty much any question answered. Heck sometimes I still post questions in the nursery too.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

kyrolima
#17 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reading is more important then writing anyway..
elusive illusion

soulfood
#18 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:53:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Mr_DMT wrote:
reading is more important then writing anyway..

ah, but without writing there'd be nothing to read Smile

elofer
#19 Posted : 11/19/2009 11:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I look forward to being able to post in the higher-up areas as well...patience is a virtue I appreciate the fact that there is a nursery at all..I feel that is a perfect way of..for lack of a better term... weeding out the undesireables...I am happu for it and apreciate the fact that this site is here for us..
chears to the creators of the nexus!!Wink

The Traveler
#20 Posted : 11/19/2009 11:23:19 PM

"No, seriously"

elofer wrote:
I look forward to being able to post in the higher-up areas as well...

Check out this thread, you've been promoted for days already. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

12NEXT