We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Periodically active floating. Options

Koornut
#1 Posted : 10/5/2016 9:22:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So my last half dozen or so floats I have begun to experiment with different movements and orientations of my body in the tanks.

It started with placing my arms in different positions. Firstly crossed across my upper chest with my hands grasping my shoulders; settling in to fully releasing any tension in my body for ~20mins, thus falling into an atypical minimal gravity moment in which it feels like I am sliding headfirst on my back on an unknown medium.
This is further enhanced by very gently and with minimal movement rocking my hips left and right to get the spine in a nice wiggle.
They key is to use as little effort and muscle as possible to ease the slide back into the mini-g feeling.

The waves on the water is something of a nuisance, but if you've had enough edible ganja you can feel the size of the tank through the waves man - and just sliide right into the rhythm of them. Pleased

Another fun one is a spinal twist which I need to diagram to show you how it's done because it's quite a precarious balancing act - the final feeling once you've found this position is such that your upper torso is rotating clockwise and your hips and legs are rotating counter-clockwise.

I understand this is more parlour trick or illusion than consciousness exploration but curious nonetheless.

Anybody try something similar?Smile
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 10/5/2016 10:27:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Float tanks are awesome and primed for experimentation. I fell asleep in one once and had a semi-nightmare where the world around me was shaking apart violently. I woke up in darkness to the realization that I had been asleep and snoring violently. Then I laughed at the absurdity.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 10/7/2016 11:04:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went into my last float very inebriated from some strong weed. It was quite the little journey. It took longer to get into it than usual, but when I did it was probably my favourite float so far. It felt as if the whole world was tilting back and forth and I no longer felt like I was in a pod, but a massive room.

Had some great personal insights regarding my tinnitus as well, as it was bugging me at the time. I could connect with the sound and it helped me come to terms with it in a way. I need to do another one soon, but they are so expensive!

Koornut
#4 Posted : 10/8/2016 12:14:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mmm yeah the price plays a big role in accessibility, I'm lucky enough to work at a centre part time. It's the cost of climate control that is most expensive from a business standpoint, unless you build from scratch with renewables or solar hydro systems it's hard to avoid the higher ticket price.
We heat the entire room that the tank sits in, would be more efficient if the tank was a 10x4x4ft room on its own.

@mitakuye
I've found that hovering into and out of sleep/dream states to be rich and interesting. Especially when you lose your bearings as to which state you are in at a given point. You can sometimes observe the awake imagination--->asleep dream mechanism, whatever that is.

On heavy canna, I often have full body convulsions. Not violent or anything like that I don't feel like something is wrong. They are more rhythmic in nature, and quite comforting. The lack of solid ground underfoot only helps to enhance it.
I have identical convulsions during rest periods in a strong yin yoga session, feels like tension is literally escaping my body through the kinetics of the movement.

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow