We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
MHRB/Peganum Harmala Anahuasca additives to help with body load? Options

concombres
#21 Posted : 10/15/2016 1:14:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Woah Intezam what a list Drool

Since I've been advocating the oat porridge here, and it grew into a memory meanwhile, I tried it again lately with great success, the oat porridge was made with oat milk (don't know if cow milk is yes or no better) and honey. 10 Spoons before T, and 10 heaped spoon after T. It was semi liquid semi stiff. Fast come on, and such a relief to enter without the usual dread nausea.

So it's not a meal actually, don't stuff yourself is always a good thing to do. Stomach happy = pilot happy. At top intensity (after 2 to 3 hours in) a healing purge was possible to fine tune the vibe, with the aid of a finger then things took off on their own to expel yuckers. It tasted not bad Laughing

Porridge rules Twisted Evil

This oat porridge trick sounds interesting jees. I am going to try this myself next time i use brew & see how it works out for me.

Generally with mushrooms I have noticed chocolates help to aide in digestion so maybe a little liquidy/light food will help things work smoother the same way here.

I know I cannot seem to fast before the experience because I will experience hypoglycemic symptoms without food in the stomache at least a couple hours before & even have to eat some light veggies & fruits during to help with nausea & irritation to the intenstines after the initial purging.
I will deffinately be adding honey as well.
Hopefully that Will keep blood sugar up during onset, aide in digestion, & work well to make the taste a little less bitter.

It seems maybe we may be working towards a recipes for our own unique & individual hoama brews here Very happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#22 Posted : 10/15/2016 1:20:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would Love to hear feedback Thumbs up

concombres
#23 Posted : 10/15/2016 1:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
I would Love to hear feedback Thumbs up

Its not too often I dose anymore due to working full time but I do feel called more & more as of late.

There's not much to lose in experimenting other than maybe the same level of nausea throughout the experience as would normally occur so the next dose is most deffinately going to be a test run with honey added & some oat porridge. Thumbs up

Someone mentioned muna muna a little fur the up also & that is intriguing as well. I have a sample of muna from a vendor that has been in a droor for a while. The stuff is a very smooth & pleasant minty smoke on its own & I have wondered if it was safe in brews but never could find any info.
That one will have to be experimented with later when I can get a larger batch of muna to work with but I plan on utilizing also just because from limited experience I like the plant.

Intezam
#24 Posted : 10/15/2016 1:40:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres
#25 Posted : 10/15/2016 1:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
muna, is it a kind of mint?

The link below explains a little about muna & its uses in south america.
It is related to mint, but i`m unsure if it is considered to be of the same family of plants.
http://cuzcoeats.com/a-m...like-peruvian-herb-muna/

Intezam
#26 Posted : 10/15/2016 3:59:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
Intezam wrote:

It is related to mint, but i`m unsure if it is considered to be of the same family of plants.

Thanks.

It sounds very similar in it's usage to our native mentha pulegium, due to presence of pulegone (a hepa-toxin). Not sure if pulegone will be neutralized by long boils? Why not use common field mint, wouldn't that be better then stuff from the Andes?

In our thinking, we wouldn't use admixtures to stop nausea but to enhance the vision/content while trying to remain calm/not bewildered by what we see, sense or hear (and not get carried away with murmuring silly things)

Quote:
Some studies show that menthol acts as GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulator and increases GABAergic transmission in PAG neurons.[5] Menthol also shares anaesthetic properties similar to propofol, by modulating same sites of GABAA receptor

We'd have to try (this or other) mints to see how much difficulty/bewilderment it adds/mediates on the open end purgatory richter scales.....Laughing ..anyways, the za'atar herb we use is also in the mint family, but it has almost none (menthol) Cool

concombres
#27 Posted : 10/15/2016 4:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
concombres wrote:
Intezam wrote:

Thanks.

It sounds very similar in it's usage to our native mentha pulegium, due to presence of pulegone (a hepa-toxin). Not sure if pulegone will be neutralized by long boils? Why not use common field mint, wouldn't that be better then stuff from the Andes?

In our thinking, we wouldn't use admixtures to stop nausea but to enhance the vision/content while trying to remain calm/not bewildered by what we see (and not get carried away with murmuring silly things)

Quote:
Some studies show that menthol acts as GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulator and increases GABAergic transmission in PAG neurons.[5] Menthol also shares anaesthetic properties similar to propofol, by modulating same sites of GABAA receptor

We'd have to try (this or other) mints to see how much difficulty/bewilderment it adds on the open end purgatory richter scales.....Laughing ..anyways, the za'atar herb we use is also in the mint family, but it has almost none (menthol) Cool

A more common local plant with similar digestive properties & minty flavor would be ideal actually.
Muna just sparked an interest because I had some lying around & enjoyed the way it smoked.
It looks as I muna is cold hardy & could be grown within my habitat but then they do mention it should be used in moderation in the link I posted so something like spearmint or peppermint may be better.

Menthol for me in large quantities is a bit of a problem. I have consumed some products in my youth in alarmingly large amounts that had lots of menthol & now I get queasy just from strong menthol smell & taste can often times induce the gag reflex.

AwesomeUsername
#28 Posted : 10/16/2016 1:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No real need to use any additives. I just filter the mimosa really good.

I use paper towels for filtration instead of coffee filters. The trick is to fold it three times and squeeze the liquid through the towel. With rue you only do this once, but with mimosa preferably more times.

There was an instance I did this just once, and put it in the fridge overnight, than washed the gunk at the bottom and put the mimosa liquid back on. The nausea was still present but only for a very short time and I came nowhere near puking.

The egg white method worked even better than that, no nausea at all. However it reduced the potency quite a bit so I wouldn't recommend that.

As for the rue, if you don't dose too high there should also be no stomach discomfort from it. There is a point where increasing the dosage of rue just increases the body load.

So just keep an eye for the things that are known to cause a body load. These are the tannins in mimosa, and too high of a rue dosage. If you get it right it won't compromise the experience and you'll feel much better physically.

With that said I hope you get what you are looking for. Good luck!

PREV12