We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Two youtube videos about 5meo that got my attention. Options

hardboiled
#1 Posted : 9/25/2016 9:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is your take on the things he says specially if you had/have personal 5meo experience under your belt.

What Is God? - Leo Becomes Absolute Infinity (Aka God) - All Of Reality Explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNoe5tn3tg

5-MeO-DMT - The Magic Pill To Enlightenment & God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1bfZ1p6sg
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 9/26/2016 4:19:01 AM

Come what may

New side of Leo I had not seen before. Thanks for sharing this. He is a pretty cool guy and a makes a great advocate for psychedelics. His approach is very real and straight forward. I relate to his path on many levels.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 9/26/2016 5:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.youtube.com/w...dIMQxrLscBroav3xawKyELxm

this one does a bang-up job of describing the introspective aspect of 5-MeO...
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Intezam
#4 Posted : 9/26/2016 10:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

#5 Posted : 9/26/2016 1:36:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I liked Leos talk too. The only tenet I didn't really follow was him making MeO out to be the only way to have notions/realizations/experience; but hey we're all different, so . Smile Id argue that a large enough dose [NN-DMT), right setting, and taken instantaneously can propel you to those white/clear light/absolute infinity/all of existence type experiences (those phrases don't even do an experience like that justice).

Nearly all of his talk though I really enjoyed and his talk closely resembles my strongest NN experiences, especially the book 'Darkness Shining Wild'. If you enjoyed his talk then DSW is an absolute must.

Nathanial.Dread
#6 Posted : 9/26/2016 4:58:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I rolled my eyes so hard when he started going on about endogenous 5-MeO-DMT that they may be stuck like that.

This focus on endogenous psychedelics drives me kind of nuts. If 5-MeO enlightens you, then clearly enlightenment is caused by endogenous 5-MeO.

Just like how, because OJ makes me feel better when I'm sick, I know that colds are caused by a lack of endogenous OJ.

Also: apparently natural and synthetic forms of 5-MeO are different "forms." That's news to me, and probably all the other organic chemists who watch this.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

tseuq
#7 Posted : 9/21/2017 7:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just stumbled upon this lovely video. Please enjoy this talk about the entheogen technology, 5-MeO-DMT. Love

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 9/21/2017 4:35:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Going on my own two previous Bufo/5-MeO breakthrough experiences earlier this year, personally I found Leo managed to better articulate the nature and content of the breakthrough 5-MeO experience, as well as its profound implications, better than any other 5-MeO experienced communicator I've yet come across, bar James Oroc. There was substantial overlap between what he experienced on his first breakthrough experience, and what I experienced on mine.

Quote:
Id argue that a large enough dose [NN-DMT), right setting, and taken instantaneously can propel you to those white/clear light/absolute infinity/all of existence type experiences (those phrases don't even do an experience like that justice).

Sure, N,N-DMT can definitely take you to the same or very similar states...for some people some of the time. But 5-MeO seems very consistent and reliable in this regard. It is also a much more potent substance so near effortless to breakthrough on it. From what I've read and heard, 5-MeO experiences tend to be of a much more consistent nature than those yielded by N'N-DMT, which seem to be much more variable in content. I had had a fair bit of N,N-DMT experience prior to my 5-MeO breakthrough (many vape sessions, pharmahuasca, ayahuasca) and none of them had gotten me anywhere close to breakthrough 5-MeO territory, personally. Prior to my 5-MeO breakthrough experiences, one DMT breakthrough stands out as one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The collective 5-MeO breakthrough experiences knocked this off the top spot, and then some! An interesting facet of the 5-MeO breakthrough is that this insight has stayed with me in a way that is distinct from all other psychedelic experiences...I personally seemed much better able (following a second breakthrough experience) to bring back insights to my sober waking life, something that seems altogether trickier with DMT (Strassman also observed this with his DMT research).

Running Bear
#9 Posted : 9/21/2017 5:11:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
I liked Leos talk too. The only tenet I didn't really follow was him making MeO out to be the only way to have notions/realizations/experience; but hey we're all different, so . Smile Id argue that a large enough dose [NN-DMT), right setting, and taken instantaneously can propel you to those white/clear light/absolute infinity/all of existence type experiences (those phrases don't even do an experience like that justice).

Nearly all of his talk though I really enjoyed and his talk closely resembles my strongest NN experiences, especially the book 'Darkness Shining Wild'. If you enjoyed his talk then DSW is an absolute must.

I believe this has something to do with peoples egos. When you have something that's difficult to get your hands on it makes you feel more special than the average person. For a example ayahuasca is viewed as the most healing of all psychedelics but in reality its no more healing than shrooms . Anyone can grow shrooms at home so it doesn't give you that special feeling. When 5meo was widely available I don't remember anyone even talking about it. Now that they cracked down on 5meo and because of it being more difficult to extract it makes people that own it feel special 😂. I could be wrong lol

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 9/21/2017 7:15:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
tatt wrote:

I believe this has something to do with peoples egos. When you have something that's difficult to get your hands on it makes you feel more special than the average person. For a example ayahuasca is viewed as the most healing of all psychedelics but in reality its no more healing than shrooms . Anyone can grow shrooms at home so it doesn't give you that special feeling. When 5meo was widely available I don't remember anyone even talking about it. Now that they cracked down on 5meo and because of it being more difficult to extract it makes people that own it feel special 😂. I could be wrong lol

I have never used 5-MeO-DMT myself, but i've noticed that most people who've been using the stuff, consistently report it to produce a more powerfull kind of experience than DMT.
I don't think it's an ego thing. People who realy dislike it also claim that it is more powerfull than DMT. They often state that the much more extreme nature of the experience is their reason for disliking it.

I don't know why the substance is gaining popularity right now, and not earlier. But i suspect that the popularity of DMT itself, may have layed a sort of foundation. The experimenting with DMT could maybe be seen as a sort of preparatory work for something even more powerfull.

Bancopuma
#11 Posted : 9/21/2017 7:36:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I don't really buy this. With the darkweb being a click away, none of these things are particularly difficult to obtain now for the more determined psychonaut (not advocating, just stating a fact). Also, I do get your point about the ayahuasca/mushrooms comparison, and do agree with it to a large extent. Mushrooms are much more associated with recreational use than ayahuasca, even though they can go every bit as deep and be every bit as healing as ayahuasca can. So I do get where you're coming from. However, speaking from personal experience, 5-MeO-DMT is a fair step up in power from N,N-DMT. A breakthrough 5-MeO-DMT experience is a BIG event in the life of even a seasoned and well-travelled psychonaut. There is some overlap between them both but I feel they differ much more than they are similar.

Running Bear
#12 Posted : 9/21/2017 8:10:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Quote:

I don't really buy this. With the darkweb being a click away, none of these things are particularly difficult to obtain now for the more determined psychonaut (not advocating, just stating a fact). Also, I do get your point about the ayahuasca/mushrooms comparison, and do agree with it to a large extent. Mushrooms are much more associated with recreational use than ayahuasca, even though they can go every bit as deep and be every bit as healing as ayahuasca can. So I do get where you're coming from. However, speaking from personal experience, 5-MeO-DMT is a fair step up in power from N,N-DMT. A breakthrough 5-MeO-DMT experience is a BIG event in the life of even a seasoned and well-travelled psychonaut. There is some overlap between them both but I feel they differ much more than they are similar.

A fair step up in power from nn dmt? I have friends that tell me the complete opposite. That it's more potent by weight but the nn dmt experience is more powerful. LSD is more potent by weight than shrooms but that doesn't mean the experience is more powerful. Terence Mckenna made 5meo sound like the most boring psychedelic on the planet. Even Joe Rogan made it sound boring and thought nn dmt was the better of the 2. I think people confuse potency with power. Apparently 5-meo isn't a big event for every well-travelled psychonaut. We all have different brains. For some people 5meo is going to be amazing and for others it's not.

Running Bear
#13 Posted : 9/21/2017 8:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 9/22/2017 1:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
A fair step up in power from nn dmt? I have friends that tell me the complete opposite. That it's more potent by weight but the nn dmt experience is more powerful. LSD is more potent by weight than shrooms but that doesn't mean the experience is more powerful. Terence Mckenna made 5meo sound like the most boring psychedelic on the planet. Even Joe Rogan made it sound boring and thought nn dmt was the better of the 2. I think people confuse potency with power. Apparently 5-meo isn't a big event for every well-travelled psychonaut. We all have different brains. For some people 5meo is going to be amazing and for others it's not.

Let's be clear here..."power" and "potency" are two different things. Or, to put it another way, there is physiological potency, and phenomenological potency. LSD is obviously a much more potent drug gram for gram than either N,N-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT, but the latter two substances both far surpass it in power. So when I refer to a step up in power, I'm referring to phenomenological, experiential power. I would take the position that 5-MeO-DMT is both more physiologically potent than N,N-DMT, and more phenomenologically potent.

The views of your friends definitely go against the majority consensus regarding perceived differences in power when comparing 5-MeO-DMT and N,N-DMT from those with experience of both substances...it makes me question whether your friends have ever experienced a full breakthrough with 5-MeO. A sub-breakthrough could definitely be underwhelming, and I can easily see why someone who has only experienced it at that level would rate N-N-DMT a higher order experience (previous to my breakthrough experiences this year I had experimented with 5-MeO on a number of occasions previously, clearly never experiencing a breakthrough myself as I was a little underwhelmed). But a breakthrough 5-MeO-DMT is an entirely different level of experience, and in my own experience, far surpassed that of anything I have experienced with N,N-DMT or other psychedelics, and as mentioned I was able to retain more insights from that experience than anything I have experienced with N,N-DMT, which is another plus in my book.

If Terrence did claim to find the 5-MeO experience "boring" then that simply says more about him than the substance. I can see why 5-MeO wouldn't really vibe so well with Terrence, I don't think it really vibed with his whole rap. He was more into visions, entities and interdimensional alien themed stuff and that isn't really 5-MeO's experiential vibe, remember that he has a particular outlook which will affect his interpretation. Also the experience of 5-MeO is far harder to describe in words than other classical psychedelics so I guess it isn't so easy to put such an amazing experience into words. I can say without shame that my breakthrough Bufo/5-MeO experiences were the most profound and incredible experiences of my life...experiences that were many things, but "boring" wasn't one of them.

Sure we are all individuals and are wired differently and have varying sensitivities, I get and respect that. Not everyone will have vibe well with 5-MeO...I've spoken to others who can barely remember anything of their experiences (I took me a second session and a fair bit of post session integration to "get the message"Pleased, and certainly not everyone will have a deep transcendent or mystical experience using it. For myself though, for the first time in my life, I experienced a state of complete mystical union, and no other psychedelic experiences prior had come close to or could prepare me for such an exalted state of consciousness. Different strokes for different folks.

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 9/22/2017 1:48:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, if you hear people describe a breakthrough on 5-MeO-DMT, then the most plausible explanation for the underwhelming effects mentioned by McKenna is that he simply didn't had a breakthrough experience with the stuff.

I think that if someone where to describe the DMT experience as boring, most people here would probably immediately conclude that this person simply failed to fully breakthrough.

I have not tried 5-MeO-DMT myself yet, but i like the idea that there is something out there that is bigger than anything that i've experienced so far.

And i also like the idea that in a sense the psychedelic scene is evolving. That maybe the world just wasn't ready yet, for 5-MeO-DMT, and that DMT was just one step in a sort of evolutionary proces.

LSD, shrooms, ayahuasca and DMT all offer a very 'sophisticated' kind of experience. And i must say that to me, that is part of their charm. I think it is one of the reasons why these substances do so well in the industrialised world.

But substances like ibogaïne and salvia have shown me that there is so much more, beyond that. That this 'sophisticated part' of ourselves is only the tip of the Iceberg, realy. Especially a substance like ibogaïne totally lacks any sophistication, but it goes a lot deeper than any of the classic hallucinogens, in terms of what i would call 'raw experience'.

There's Always a rabbithole somewhere, that goes deeper than the ones we already know. Or at least, that's what i hope and also believe.

tseuq
#16 Posted : 9/22/2017 2:41:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Id argue that a large enough dose [NN-DMT), right setting, and taken instantaneously can propel you to those white/clear light/absolute infinity/all of existence type experiences (those phrases don't even do an experience like that justice).

In my experience, I had my first complete dissolution / non-duality experience with shrooms (p.cubensis) many many years ago, later on I experienced the same "state of oneness" with LSD and N,N-DMT. Thus, the information which the 5-MeO breakthrough provides was "known to / experienced by me" already but its way of unfolding was totally unexpected, ecstatic and blissfull. Still, I totally follow Bancopuma on his approach, that..

Bancopuma wrote:
.. 5-MeO seems very consistent and reliable in this regard. It is also a much more potent substance so near effortless to breakthrough on it.

.. when it comes to non-duality experiences.

To me, 5-MeO delivers pure transpersonality/complete oneness/nothingness. I know this information is redundant, because oneness includes it all but to emphasize its unimaginable extent Big grin . I experience it as a direct route to death/love/god/infinity/mygrandmothersdaughtersson/blaa, which literally tears down "anything". 5-MeO being boring? In my opinion, this statement doesn't make any sense. It doesn't leave any questions, it eradicates me at all, complete!

Whereas shrooms, LSD, mescaline and even N,N-DMT leave much more space for inter- and intrapersonal experiences/interpretations with visions and a lot of "fancy stuff" going on.
Therefor, I think it is important to ask yourself for what purpose you want to get in contact with a certain substance/experience. Each of these entheogen technologies, blissful fruits of garden earth, has its individual benefits and specialties, which I am very thankful for and which I am happily enjoying. Laughing

Love, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Running Bear
#17 Posted : 9/22/2017 6:12:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No Bancopuma my friends opinions don't matter, Joe Rogan and terence mckennas opinions don't matter, only your opinions matter.

dragonrider
#18 Posted : 9/22/2017 7:56:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
No Bancopuma my friends opinions don't matter, Joe Rogan and terence mckennas opinions don't matter, only your opinions matter.

I don't understand where this scepticism comes from.
If someone would say that he tried DMT, and that the experience was utterly boring, i don't think anyone here would believe that he has experienced the full effects of the substance. The most reasonable assumption would be that he has no idea yet, of what DMT is capable of.

Why would that be any different when it's about 5-MeO-DMT?

Too many people claim that they've had an experience with 5-MeO-DMT, that surpasses the DMT experience. The reports on 5-MeO-DMT breakthroughs are too simmilar. There is no reason for me, to assume that all of those people are just making things up.

The most logical conclusion is simply that 5-MeO-DMT is capable of producing an experience that surpasses the DMT experience. And that some people just haven't managed to experience the full effects of the substance.

Why is that so hard to accept?

Aum_Shanti
#19 Posted : 9/24/2017 2:41:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Sure their opinion matters as much as anyone else's. But the question is, from which POV they got this opinion, or better said: Did they breakthrough on it? Did you ask your friends about that?

Quote:
The most logical conclusion is simply that 5-MeO-DMT is capable of producing an experience that surpasses the DMT experience.

I wouldn't call it like that, personally. As has been said, and as one can read from several reports, it seems DMT can also get you there. But as it seems usually for this you need quite big dosages of DMT and you still only get there inconsistently.

So I wouldn't say it "surpasses the DMT experience". But rather, that it goes beyond the "normal" DMT-Breakthrough.

Or explained in another manner:
5-MeO-DMT seems to deliver complete ego-death. Any sense of self is gone.
On a "normal" DMT-Breakthrough you only get a partial death. You lose complete connection to the body and therefore also to this body bound reality. But you still experience a self, and experience e.g. entities apart from yourself.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Bancopuma
#20 Posted : 9/24/2017 3:13:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:

I never said that. And thanks for addressing the points raised.. Confused

12NEXT