We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
DMT SHAMAN? Options

ganesh
#81 Posted : 10/1/2016 9:48:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
ganesh wrote:
...Well that wasn't mentioned in the op, which read to me as a breakthru smoked. Now this is getting even more confusing and silly...
Let's take that OP back for a check:
Horuscope wrote:
...is there such thing as a DMT shaman and what would it really take to be one...
It's an open question how we all might see it and everyone's perspective is invited to share. There's nothing confusing or silly IMHO.

Seriously Jees, you're just getting off on philosophical masturbation! Laughing

Really, the op is asking what would it take to be a DM SHAMAN? Well obviously it's a trick question. Of course it would Take DM. But why not correct him right from the start and tell him that DM is considered in Traditional Curanderismo as a helper, rather than the main healing plant?

To ignore that opportunity and continue to trudge through with a basic misunderstanding surely says somethings not right? Embarrased

Yes, we can stubbornly try to make a DM Shaman work, if we then use other plants that may make it useable, such as Caapi, but why don't we just fix this silly misunderstanding right from word go? It isn't 5meoDM, which IS suitable to use ALONE, for healing shock therapy, and we know that DM has stood the test of time when used carefully in Aya brews, for good reasons..

Also, whilst it's good to discuss these topics, previous Nexus discussions have consistently played down the DM ALONE idea, and stuck to Changa or moreso Ayahuasca, for healing.

It just appears that we seem to be going backwards in this thread.

Whilst you appear to be happy with such a title, even though it may involve other plants, i am not. I think it is confusing, regressive, silly, and possibly dangerous- with 'one' of the possible dangers outlined earlier (amongst potential others)

More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acacian
#82 Posted : 10/1/2016 11:01:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesh wrote:
Jees wrote:
ganesh wrote:
...Well that wasn't mentioned in the op, which read to me as a breakthru smoked. Now this is getting even more confusing and silly...
Let's take that OP back for a check:
Horuscope wrote:
...is there such thing as a DMT shaman and what would it really take to be one...
It's an open question how we all might see it and everyone's perspective is invited to share. There's nothing confusing or silly IMHO.

Seriously Jees, you're just getting off on philosophical masturbation! Laughing

Really, the op is asking what would it take to be a DM SHAMAN? Well obviously it's a trick question. Of course it would Take DM. But why not correct him right from the start and tell him that DM is considered in Traditional Curanderismo as a helper, rather than the main healing plant?

To ignore that opportunity and continue to trudge through and continue with a basic misunderstanding surely says somethings not right? Embarrased

Yes, we can stubbornly try to make a DM Shaman work, if we then use other plants that may make it useable, such as Caapi, but why don't we just fix this silly misunderstanding right from word go? It isn't 5meoDM, which IS suitable to use ALONE, for healing shock therapy, and DM has stood the test of time when used carefully in Aya brews, for good reasons..

Whilst it's good to discuss these topics, previous Nexus discussions have consistently played down the DM ALONE idea, and stuck to Changa or moreso Ayahuasca, for healing.

We seem to be going backwards in this thread.

I'm not aware of many cases that DMT has had a negative outcome when used alone in a respectful manner and don't see why it isn't equally suitable to lone exploration as 5 meo.. most people I talk to say they get the most out of it when either alone, with a close friend or if in a group setting not a very big one...in the latter two settings (especially the third) people familiar with the sensitivity of the experience usually have an unspoken rule of "no talking during the experience" .. this is to eliminate distraction which may lead to unpleasant, frightening or unclear experiences - and allows deeper concentration/surrender to take place (and in turn greater healing potential). Introduction of a shaman figure may jeopardize the focus required of the participant.. but maybe it wouldn't.. that is just my own opinion.

I don't think the reason DMT shamanism shouldn't be persued is just because there are tried and tested medicines already in existence which trump the need for any new ones.. Personally I think it should not be pursued because of the potential for the "shaman" to distract the voyager from their journey.. I feel like we are all crossing our wires on the DMT shamanism topic in this thread.. it seems like we agree at least that a shaman figure guiding people through DMT breakthrough's is a not a great idea.. whether because we believe its risky or whether think its just a pointless endeavor ..

ganesh
#83 Posted : 10/1/2016 11:11:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

I'm not aware of many cases that DM has had a negative outcome when used alone in a respectful manner and don't see why it isn't equally suitable to lone exploration as 5 meo..

I don't think the reason DMT shamanism shouldn't be persued is just because there are tried and tested medicines already in existance.. Personally I think it should not be pursued because of the potential for the "shaman" to distract the voyager from their journey.. I feel like we are all crossing our wires on the DMT shamanism topic in this thread.. it seems like we agree at least that a shaman figure guiding people through DMT breakthrough's is a risky and pointless endeavor..

I was stating possible dangers because others were asking that DM SHAMAN might use other plants. Was getting a broader topic.

Hard to be a DM Shaman when the Shaman may be more a hindrance to the DM experience. Probably why Ayahuasca uses Shamans they call Curandero's, who can Work with it to diagnoise and help heal illness from an outsiders POV. That's not 'journeying'.

I would still look to 5MEO for shock therapy healing-over DM, and is used by some Mexican guy. Certainly requires outside assistence. Even so, funny what they say about this guy:

http://www.newagefraud.o...f/index.php?topic=4619.0

Nathanial.Dread
#84 Posted : 10/3/2016 4:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Thanks ND, I understood your CA arguments in the first place.

Where did I ever say that this use of 2C-B was cultural appropriation?? I was attempting to keep my post straightforward and perhaps you misconstrued my choice of words as somehow implying that I believed the Sangoma's choice of 2C-B for their Work was in some way a case of cultural appropriation, which clearly it is not. (I suspect my cognitive mapping of the word "counterpoint" relates to musical contrast more so than yours does.)

I appreciated this use as a case where modern technology was being used within an oppressed culture to fulfil a purpose that was in danger of being lost due to the scarcity and difficult availability of their dream plants within the townships. Moreover, the article suggested that many of the traditional practitioners felt that 2C-B had additional the additional benefit of being less toxic than the plants which it replaces. This I found to be an uplifting contrast to the cultural appropriation which you so ably critique.

My thinking was then extended to consider how they might be liberated from the consequent necessity of purchasing a (now banned) chemically synthesised compound for their Work - the autonomous, sustainable approach would surely be growing one's own mescaline-producing cacti. Perhaps this is already happening. I most assuredly hope so.

As far as the original question goes, shaman or not, it may be of use to have someone who understands intent and space holding - helping manage 'set' as well as 'setting' - to assist the hypernaut before and after the launch, and to leave well alone during the flight itself. But then again, if someone can't sort that out for themselves, should they even be smoking DMT?

Pick up the beer cans, do the washing up, sweep the floor, make the bed, put the washing on, feed the children, hang the washing out, take the children to the park, come back, put more washing on, take in the dry washing, iron it (yeah, right!) and put it away, feed the kids again, bathe them, put them to bed, then (if there's still time) smoke the DMT...? YEAH, RIGHT! Phone up your shaman/paye/whatever and say s/he can stay in and smoke the DMT hirself. Then go to bed. Repeat, with variation. Wink

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, I thought by 'counterpoint to CA arguments' you meant to discredit the concept by providing a counter-example. Mea culpa Very happy

I'm all for autonomous production of entheogens (or really any sort of medication), so I think we're more on the same page than I thought. Again, my bad.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

downwardsfromzero
#85 Posted : 10/3/2016 10:59:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey, you're welcome! I was worried I had come across as dismissive towards your argument - actually I really appreciate your input. You articulate these things very well. And I really appreciate this reply, you've helped make my world a better place and I look forward to passing it on Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ganesh
#86 Posted : 10/4/2016 8:39:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

As far as the original question goes, shaman or not, it may be of use to have someone who understands intent and space holding - helping manage 'set' as well as 'setting' - to assist the hypernaut before and after the launch, and to leave well alone during the flight itself. But then again, if someone can't sort that out for themselves.......

Well said.

Usually the whole point of using a Shaman/Curandero, is because they have skills/abilities that you don't posess.

If however your scenario is like the above quoted, then you don't need one for that, although you do need good set/setting, etc.

«PREV345