We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
ALD-52 question Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 9/19/2016 4:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, i have a question for people who've had some experience with ALD-52.
My question is: how does it compare to LSD in terms of duration, onset and come-down?
The info i have been able to gather thusfar seems inconclusive, so i'd like to hear from people who've had experience with the stuff themselves.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

woogyboogy
#2 Posted : 9/19/2016 5:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only tried 200ug of it once.
The onset was very similar to LSD in terms of intensity and time it took to come up. I could sleep after maybe 8-10 hours.
Experience overall was pretty amazing and clean.

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 9/20/2016 2:24:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never had the pleasure of sampling ALD-52.

...Though I do have some insight into it.

N-acetyl-LSD (1-acetyl-LSD) or "ALD-52" is LSD, only the pyrrole nitrogen has had an acetyl groping connected to it, it's said this substitution will undergo hydrolysis giving LSD, this substitution is also claimed to be hydrolized shortly after ingestion, giving LSD in vivo, making 1-acetyl-LSD for all intents and purposes a pro-drug of LSD.

Quote:
ALD-52. 1-Acetyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide. This material has been explored in the 50-175 microgram range and there are a number of human trials reported, with varying conclusions. One found that there was less visual distortion than with LSD and it seems to produce less anxiety and was somewhat less potent than LSD.

Another report claimed it was more effective in increasing blood pressure. Yet another could not tell them apart. ALD-52 just may have been the drug that was sold as "Orange Sunshine" during the "Summer of Love" in the late '60's. Or "Orange Sunshine" may have been, really, LSD.

This was the focus of a fascinating trial where two defendants were accused of distributing LSD, whereas they claimed that it was ALD-52 which was not an illegal drug. The prosecution claimed that as it hydrolyses readily to LSD, for all intents and purposes it was LSD, and anyway, you had to go through the illegal LSD to get to ALD-52 by any of the known chemical syntheses. The defendants were found guilty.

And yet, I do not know who has actually measured the speed or ease of that reaction. If ALD-52 hydrolyses so easily to LSD, and the body is indeed a hydrolytic instrument, then these two drugs should be absolutely equivalent in every particular, This is the ergot equivalent of the psilocybin to psilocin argument, except this is an acetamide rather than a phosphate ester. Shulgin;TIHKAL

Here shulgin makes the comparison to other pro-drug psychedelics, in this example 4 substituted tryptamines, the inactive phosphate ester 4-phosphorloxy-DMT, which after ingestion has its phosphorloxy substitution at position 4 reduced to a HO grouping, giving the active compound 4-hydroxy-DMT.

It seems that anytime you want a prodrug of a tryptamine with an hydroxy group at position 4, you can just substitute the hydroxy grouping with an acetoxy grouping, the acetoxy grouping will become a hydroxy grouping in vivo...at least this seems to be the case.

So, 4-acetoxy-DMT becomes 4-ho-DMT in vivo...4-acetoxy-MET becomes 4-ho-MET in vivo, and so on.

Even with 1-acetyl-LSD this seems to be the case, minus the oxygen because you want an NH grouping at position 1, so it's an acetyl grouping rather than an acetoxy grouping. so the acetyl grouping connected to the nitrogen of the pyrrole ring Returns to a hydrogen atom, restoring the NH grouping of the pyrrole ring, giving LSD in vivo.

With 1-propionyl-LSD, just as above, only using a propionyl grouping at position one, the pyrrole ring nitrogen of LSD, the propionyl grouping becomes the needed hydrogen atom in vivo to form the NH grouping of the pyrrole ring, giving LSD...

I wonder if 4-propionyloxy-DMT would become 4-ho-DMT in vivo...

So both 1P-LSD and ALD-52 should become LSD in vivo shortly after ingestion

(With 1-propionyl-6-ethyl-6-nor-lysergic acid diethylamide also known as 1P-ETH-LAD, it's the same deal, the propionyl grouping connected to the nitrogen of the pyrrole ring is metabolized off and the needed NH grouping is left in place on the pyrrole ring.

They could make 1-acetyl-ETH-LAD (1-acetyl-6-ethyl-6-nor-lysergic acid diethylamide) which would also be metabolized to ETH-LAD...has this compound been synthesized? I'm sure it has... )

Quote:
It is possible ALD-52 was the active chemical in the Orange Sunshine variety of LSD that was widely available in California through 1968 and 1969. The Sonoma County underground chemistry lab of Tim Scully and Nicholas Sand was Orange Sunshine's source. It was shut down by the police, and Scully was arrested and prosecuted. This resulted in the first drug analogue trial, where Scully claimed that he and his partners did nothing illegal, because they were producing ALD-52, which was not an illicit drug. However, as the prosecution claimed, there were problems with such a rationale—ALD-52 readily undergoes hydrolysis to LSD, and secondly, the synthesis of ALD-52 required LSD. (The second point was based on the methods available in the scientific literature at the time). Scully was convicted and served time in prison. -Wikipedia

Sorry, I was a bit "all over the place" in this post, I had many distractions, and I did not have time to edit.

-eg

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 9/21/2016 9:07:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Theoretically, 1P-LSD could indeed be prodrug for LSD. And the effects of 1P are almost identical to the effects of LSD itself. But 1P has a shorter duration. Maybe, on a pharmacological level, there is more going on than theory suggests.

Actually there are a couple of things.
1-it has a slower onset.
2-it has a shorter duration.
3-it is as potent as LSD itself. Not weaker.

The combination of these things, especially the onset and duration, seem to contradict the prodrug thesis.

Anyway, it looks like i'm going to be able to test ALD-52 myself, very soon. And i'm very curious to see how it compares to LSD and 1P.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 9/27/2016 3:32:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Theoretically, 1P-LSD could indeed be prodrug for LSD. And the effects of 1P are almost identical to the effects of LSD itself. But 1P has a shorter duration. Maybe, on a pharmacological level, there is more going on than theory suggests.

Actually there are a couple of things.
1-it has a slower onset.
2-it has a shorter duration.
3-it is as potent as LSD itself. Not weaker.

The combination of these things, especially the onset and duration, seem to contradict the prodrug thesis.

Anyway, it looks like i'm going to be able to test ALD-52 myself, very soon. And i'm very curious to see how it compares to LSD and 1P.

All of these things are fully explainable.

1. It's possible that It has a slower onset as your body must first metabolize the propionyl grouping back to the NH of the pyrrole ring before yielding the active metabolite, LSD. Though honestly in my experiance the onset is nearly identical.

2. Where's the evidence of shorter duration? I'm not saying your wrong, however, I was under the impression the durations were near identical, in my experiance 1P and LSD have about the same duration.

3. Exactly! If a compound was being metabolized to LSD itself, why would it not maintain equal potency?

Though it has not been confirmed, metabolization to LSD is the most likely route, it's more conjecture than it is speculation, and as soon as the research is done I'm confident it will show that 1P metabolizes to LSD.

...Though the 1P itself may be active Before it is metabolized to LSD.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 9/27/2016 3:46:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's the structure of LSD, ALD-52, and 1P-LSD.

If you notice it is these very small substitutions to the pyyrole rings nitrogen which compose the differences....

When producing 4-ho-DMT you would start with 4-acetoxyindole which is then converted to 4-acetoxyindol-3-yl-N,N-dimethylglyoxylamide which is converted to 4-ho-DMT, so as acetoxy groups are easily converted to hydroxy groups, it makes since the acetyl groupings would easily convert to a needed hydrogen, just as in 1-acetyl-LSD (ALD-52)...something similar is going on in this situation with the propionyl grouping.

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
Figure-1-Chemical-structures-of-lysergamides-d-LSD-1-acetyl-LSD-ALD-52-and_big.png (11kb) downloaded 316 time(s).

Aum_Shanti
#7 Posted : 3/2/2017 8:07:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I also would expect 1P-LSD as well as 1A-LSD (ALD52) to be identical in effect to LSD.

I still think much of the effects are very strongly psychologically influenced (SET&SETTING).
E.g. When Scully and Nick had once a big batch of LSD. They colored the batch in different colors and then gave it on the street market. Very quickly wordings on the street were like: The Yellow is more spiritual, The Blue more speedy, etc.

But they were all exactly the same, from the same batch...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Asher7
#8 Posted : 3/2/2017 8:11:31 PM

Professional Tracker

lol, that reminds me of this joke I saw. "They" gathered up a bunch of sophisticated wine-heads and did a blind taste test. All the descriptions were very intellectual and complex and then the ones doing the test broke the news that it was all the same bottle of wine.

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 3/3/2017 1:33:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
We asked David E Nichols a few questions regarding this subject. Dr Nichols is the founding president of the Heffter Research Institute, a non-profit that researches medical uses for of psychedelic hallucinogens. He has been working in the psychoactive field since 1969, and was involved in the first human trials for MDMA under Alexander Shulgin.

Q: Is 1P-LSD a prodrug to LSD?

David Nichols: It is a prodrug, and is hydrolyzed in the body to LSD. A publication just came out in Drug Testing and Analysis.

Q: Can a prodrug be more potent than their parent chemical?

David Nichols: No, a prodrug won’t generally be more potent than the actual parent drug. In some cases, e.g. heroin, which is a prodrug for morphine, will get into the brain faster and at a higher concentration than morphine will; 10 mg of heroin would have more effect than 10 mg of morphine. But that is the exception.

As a prodrug, 1P-LSD becomes similar to LSD in its effects only after it’s been metabolized. While the debate for which new drugs will take over the market rages on, this interesting analogue of an old favorite is making its presence known.
https://detect-kit.com/is-1p-lsd-a-prodrug-to-lsd/

While the link above seems to debate this 1P-LSD being a pro-drug to LSD sitution, within that very link it is confirmed by nichols...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 3/3/2017 1:39:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I am sure that the 1-propionyl would also hydrolyze off of an indole, but I don't know whether in vivo conditions would work. In a chemistry lab, you can get off an N-benzoyl, so an N-propionyl will probably come off too. But in the body? I don't know the answer to that. The compound would not be active as the N-propionyl however. The way that LSD docks into the 5-HT2A receptor, the indole NH hydrogen bonds to serine 5.46. With the propionyl, it won't fit into the receptor. -Wikipedia

Above, Nichols explains how the propionyl grouping must be hydrolized off, or the molecule would not properly dock with the receptor site ...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 3/3/2017 1:43:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

At the bottom of post 3 I posted an excerpt containing speculation regarding the identity of "Orange sunshine", when Nick sand was caught, he claimed he never produced LSD, and that instead he was producing an unscheduled LSD homologue known as "ALD-52", the defense failed, but the rumour stuck...

Quote:
In a Reddit AMA [2] with the director of the movie The Sunshine Makers, he [tim scully] says "The Orange Sunshine we delivered was LSD 25. ALD 52 was an ill-advised desperate defense strategy that failed miserably. -Wikipedia

Scully claims "Orange sunshine" was in fact LSD, and not ALD-52...

-eg

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 3/4/2017 3:42:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Nick also said that sunshine was LSD, re-x'd three times, laid at 200 mics, iirc.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 3/4/2017 4:13:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Nick also said that sunshine was LSD, re-x'd three times, laid at 200 mics, iirc.

Yeah, and I suppose this should have been obvious.

However, sand's attempted court defense seems to have inadvertently cemented ALD-52 into the history of "Orange sunshine", and it's hard to talk about ALD-52 without touching on this sand incident.

Quote:
Orange Sunshine was definitely LSD. Orange Sunshine was not ALD-52.

The claim that Orange Sunshine could have been ALD-52 was circulating in the 1970s1, and appeared in a 1984 book, The Brotherhood of Eternal Love2, which was paraphrased for an 1992 alt.drugs post in 1992 about ALD-52, later archived on Erowid.

Ott also makes this claim in Pharmacotheon (p 153)3; he may have based his belief that this was the situation from reading court transcripts of the case against Nick Sand, who, along with Tim Scully, was charged with manufacturing Orange Sunshine LSD. The transcripts show that Sand's lawyer, Michael Kennedy, made the argument that Sand was making ALD-52 and not LSD, and hence the charges should be dropped.

In January 2003, Earth asked Nick Sand 'How much ALD-52 has been sold over the years as 'acid' or 'LSD'?' and Sand replied, 'The answer is none.'4

In December 2005, Sand revealed5 that the pretense of synthesizing an unscheduled drug, ALD-52, and selling it as LSD ('acid'Pleased was fabricated during his and Tim Scully's pretrial proceedings in the 1970s, to try to argue they had not produced LSD. Facing overwhelming evidence that they had made and sold something LSD-like, they came up with the idea as a last-ditch attempt to get the case against them thrown out of court. Because ALD-52 decomposes into LSD, it was theoretically a reasonable candidate as a scapegoat if the attorney could sell the idea that it had simply broken down while in evidence awaiting trial.

In a Reddit AMA in January 2017, Tim Scully confirmed that Orange Sunshine was LSD and not ALD-526:
The Orange Sunshine we delivered was LSD 25. ALD 52 was an ill-advised desperate defense strategy that failed miserably. I recommend that anyone who is guilty should stay off the witness stand; I wish I had followed that advice.
Unfortunately, no one involved in the defense had examined the law books carefully enough to discover that possession or manufacturer of lysergic acid had become a felony in October 1968. Since lysergic acid was an essential ingredient for making ALD-52 as well as LSD, claiming on the witness stand that the duo had made ALD-52 amounted to a confession
https://erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3189

-eg

Aum_Shanti
#14 Posted : 3/4/2017 4:28:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
laid at 200 mics

In the reddit thread it was said that it was 300mics per pill.

Scully said about this:
Quote:
Yes, with hindsight 300ug was more than necessary. The high dose led to many emergency room admissions because people got frightened.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 3/4/2017 9:58:15 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:
laid at 200 mics

In the reddit thread it was said that it was 300mics per pill.

Scully said about this:
Quote:
Yes, with hindsight 300ug was more than necessary. The high dose led to many emergency room admissions because people got frightened.

Thanks for the correction, I was going from memory Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 3/7/2017 9:42:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
In mid-1967, tablets containing 20 mg (later 10 mg) of DOM were widely distributed in the Haight-Ashbury District of San Francisco under the name of STP. This short-lived appearance of DOM on the black market proved disastrous for several reasons. First, the tablets contained an excessively high dose of the chemical. This, combined with DOM’s slow onset of action (which encouraged some users, familiar with drugs that have quicker onsets, such as LSD, to re-dose) and its remarkably long duration, caused many users to panic and sent some to the emergency room. Second, treatment of such overdoses was complicated by the fact that no one at the time knew that the tablets called STP were, in fact, DOM. -Wikipedia

Quote:
Scully set up the new lab in the basement of a house across the street from the Denver zoo in early 1967. Owsley and Scully made the LSD in the Denver lab. Later Owsley started to tablet the product in Orinda, California but was arrested before he completed that work. Owsley and Scully also produced a new psychedelic in Denver which they called STP. STP was initially distributed at the summer solstice festival in 1967: 5,000 tablets (20 milligrams each) which quickly acquired a bad reputation. Owsley and Scully made trial batches of 10 mg tablets and then STP mixed with LSD in a few hundred yellow tablets but soon ceased production of STP. Owsley and Scully produced about 196 grams of LSD in 1967, but 96 grams of this was confiscated by the authorities; Scully moved the lab to a different house in Denver after Owsley was arrested on Christmas Eve 1967. -Wikipedia

Interesting, Seems like there were "a few hundred" yellow STP/LSD combination pills produced in the late 1960s...

As for the 20mg DOM pills, I've always wondered what the motivation for these 20mg DOM pills was, it's a 3-10mg compound, it seems like it was a disaster waiting to happen, and that's kind of what it was...and you figure scully would have realized this...

-eg

Aum_Shanti
#17 Posted : 3/8/2017 12:11:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From the Reddit thread, by Scully:
Quote:
I never met Sasha Shulgin but Bear knew him in 1967. For a while in 1967 Bear was very enthusiastic about the mescaline analogues. After Don and I set up the first Denver lab Bear asked us to try what later came to be called STP and then told us that he thought we should try making some because he didn't think the time was right for processing the rest of his lysergic acid. He gave me a 3 x 5 note card with 4 lines of text on it sketching a process for making STP. Don and I weren't very enthusiastic but on the other hand Bear had all the lysergic acid (raw material for making LSD). So we went back to Denver and I figured out how to make STP eventually. Neither Don or I believed that it was a very good psychedelic at any dose although it was certainly better at low doses than high ones. The first dose Bear gave us was 30 mg which was clearly too much.

Thankfully Bear did eventually bring the lysergic acid and we finished processing it all into LSD in the first Denver lab. He distributed a little bit of STP. And he asked me to show Nick Sand how to make it after Nick was busted in Colorado on his way moving from New York to California. That led to Nick setting up D&H Custom Research in San Francisco which you saw in the film and where he made large quantities of STP. That lab financed the Windsor lab where we made Orange Sunshine.

Bear eventually became disillusioned with mescaline analogues and toward the end of his life believed that all of them were not good drugs.

Both Don and I regret our involvement of STP. I think we both agree that LSD is a far superior psychedelic.

and
Quote:
[...]
We all found that 30 mg was too high a dose to be comfortable. We tried 20 mg and then we tried 10 mg and eventually decided that we liked 5 mg. But neither Don nor I ever felt very good about what by that time was being called STP. The trips that we had with it just didn't have, for us, the same spiritual quality that LSD did. We just couldn't convince ourselves that STP would produce the same positive changes that we expected from LSD.
[...]

Hmm... So as I understood it, Scully didn't like it at all, and it was basically Bear who distributed it. So he probably also was the one deciding 20mg would be good???

I also think 20mg DOM is already a very heavy trip. And due to the delayed onset, taking a 2nd or 3rd pill, would really probably catapult you into temporary insanity for days...

I personally like it, but also not in high dosages, as the duration is just way too long for that IMHO. I already think the LSD duration is too long...

entheogenic-gnosis
#18 Posted : 3/8/2017 1:58:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
From the Reddit thread, by Scully:
Quote:
I never met Sasha Shulgin but Bear knew him in 1967. For a while in 1967 Bear was very enthusiastic about the mescaline analogues. After Don and I set up the first Denver lab Bear asked us to try what later came to be called STP and then told us that he thought we should try making some because he didn't think the time was right for processing the rest of his lysergic acid. He gave me a 3 x 5 note card with 4 lines of text on it sketching a process for making STP. Don and I weren't very enthusiastic but on the other hand Bear had all the lysergic acid (raw material for making LSD). So we went back to Denver and I figured out how to make STP eventually. Neither Don or I believed that it was a very good psychedelic at any dose although it was certainly better at low doses than high ones. The first dose Bear gave us was 30 mg which was clearly too much.

Thankfully Bear did eventually bring the lysergic acid and we finished processing it all into LSD in the first Denver lab. He distributed a little bit of STP. And he asked me to show Nick Sand how to make it after Nick was busted in Colorado on his way moving from New York to California. That led to Nick setting up D&H Custom Research in San Francisco which you saw in the film and where he made large quantities of STP. That lab financed the Windsor lab where we made Orange Sunshine.

Bear eventually became disillusioned with mescaline analogues and toward the end of his life believed that all of them were not good drugs.

Both Don and I regret our involvement of STP. I think we both agree that LSD is a far superior psychedelic.

and
Quote:
[...]
We all found that 30 mg was too high a dose to be comfortable. We tried 20 mg and then we tried 10 mg and eventually decided that we liked 5 mg. But neither Don nor I ever felt very good about what by that time was being called STP. The trips that we had with it just didn't have, for us, the same spiritual quality that LSD did. We just couldn't convince ourselves that STP would produce the same positive changes that we expected from LSD.
[...]

Hmm... So as I understood it, Scully didn't like it at all, and it was basically Bear who distributed it. So he probably also was the one deciding 20mg would be good???

I also think 20mg DOM is already a very heavy trip. And due to the delayed onset, taking a 2nd or 3rd pill, would really probably catapult you into temporary insanity for days...

I personally like it, but also not in high dosages, as the duration is just way too long for that IMHO. I already think the LSD duration is too long...

Thank you for posting this, it really does help clear the situation up... slightly.

I love DOM and the 2,5-dimethoxy-4-x-amphetamines/phenethylamines, but it's no comparison to LSD in my mind...and I do not see them as good candidates for mass consumption. Though it's very understandable how psychedelic connoisseurs and researchers would consider these compounds to be a valuable tool in their kit, and an occasional rare treat.

It seems like sand and scully were in need of owsley's lysergic acid, and thus went along with some of his ambitions...

It appears sand, scully, and owsley were fully aware that 20mgs was far too high of a dose for DOM, as was 10mgs, they all settle on a dose which shulgin would have recommended, around 5mgs, so the logic behind the 20mg pills still is not clear, and seems like they all should have seen the "too stupid to puke" overdoses of 1967 comming...I mean I appreciate pioneering with these things, but I am sad that the reputation of DOM suffered irreparable damage as a result of these early ventures with it...

I love this psychedelic history, and I am very appreciative that Nick sand and others have chosen to share these stories, which have long been shrouded in rumour and myth.

Thanks again, great response.

-eg

Dogbark
#19 Posted : 3/9/2017 12:31:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After testing almost all the available lysergamides a couple of times my preference would be like this : ALD-52>LSD>1P-LSD>1P-ETH-LAD>ETH-LAD>AL-LAD.

I used to like AL-LAD a lot but now i get heavy tremor every time i take it and thats no fun.

ALD-52 is truly my favorite out of all of them. Its less stimulating than LSD, has less mania and lower bodyload in general while keeping all the good aspects.

entheogenic-gnosis
#20 Posted : 3/9/2017 2:20:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dogbark wrote:
After testing almost all the available lysergamides a couple of times my preference would be like this : ALD-52>LSD>1P-LSD>1P-ETH-LAD>ETH-LAD>AL-LAD.

I used to like AL-LAD a lot but now i get heavy tremor every time i take it and thats no fun.

ALD-52 is truly my favorite out of all of them. Its less stimulating than LSD, has less mania and lower bodyload in general while keeping all the good aspects.

...really? ALD-52 is that distinct from LSD?

In regards to 1P-LSD, Nichols states:

Quote:
[Dave E. Nichols speaking]: I am sure that the 1-propionyl would also hydrolyze off of an indole, but I don't know whether in vivo conditions would work. In a chemistry lab, you can get off an N-benzoyl, so an N-propionyl will probably come off too. But in the body? I don't know the answer to that. The compound would not be active as the N-propionyl however. The way that LSD docks into the 5-HT2A receptor, the indole NH hydrogen bonds to serine 5.46. With the propionyl, it won't fit into the receptor -Wikipedia

Thus, the acetyl grouping on the pyrrole nitrogen of ALD-52 would need to be metabolically removed so that it would be able to properly dock with the receptor site, as the NH grouping of the pyrrole ring needs to be as is...

And this receptor site is crucial...

When they gave mice a 5ht2a receptor antagonist, the 1P had little to no effect...
Quote:
Furthermore, HTR [head twitch response] was abolished when 1P-LSD administration followed pretreatment with the selective 5-HT2A receptor antagonist M100907 (0.1 mg/kg, SC), which was consistent with the concept that the behavioural response was mediated by activation of the 5-HT2A receptor. https://www.researchgate...acid_diethylamide_1P-LSD

...And, Again, the molecule will not properly dock with the receptor unless the substitutions to the pyrrole ring's nitrogen have been removed.

So, can we not draw parallels between this research and be comfortable in the conjecture that these compounds are pro-drugs to LSD?

Review:

In regards to 1P:

Quote:

Q: Is 1P-LSD a prodrug to LSD?

David Nichols: It is a prodrug, and is hydrolyzed in the body to LSD. A publication just came out in Drug Testing and Analysis.

Q: Can a prodrug be more potent than their parent chemical?

David Nichols: No, a prodrug won’t generally be more potent than the actual parent drug. In some cases, e.g. heroin, which is a prodrug for morphine, will get into the brain faster and at a higher concentration than morphine will; 10 mg of heroin would have more effect than 10 mg of morphine. But that is the exception.
https://detect-kit.com/is-1p-lsd-a-prodrug-to-lsd/

It could be possible that the molecule is active in some way prior to being metabolized, and this could be producing this perceived unique quality of the the compound when compared to LSD...

in my oppinion 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are both pro-drugs of LSD...

Though I am still open to new evidence as it arrives, and will alter my opinion based on the empirical evidence...

-eg

12NEXT