We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Semen Conservation Practice -> Hot-eye Symptom. Options

Anamnesia
#1 Posted : 9/15/2016 2:28:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not really sure where to put this. If someone wants to move to a more appropriate location, feel free.

First, let me thank all who takes the time to help me with this issue.
I will describe as many details that may have something to with my problem as possible, to aid in your diagnostics.
Your advice, suggestions, and feedback will be incredibly valuable to me.
I've waited a long time to ask the community this question, hoping my problem would resolve on its own, but it hasn't.
Here's the issue:

I have developed for as yet mysterious reasons a physiological problem with my eyes feeling like they are on fire, and I don't know what to do about it, other than around 5 times a day dunking my head in a stream of cold water in my shower until everything cools down. As the eyes are basically reflections of the state of the health of our brain, I am worried that my brain, and by implication, nervous system, may be inflamed to an excessive degree, causing me to feel the sensation of intense heat in and through my eyes after about 3 pm in the day until bed. I will continue talking about this in a minute. First, let me explain something else that I believe is related to this phenomenon (the reason I am here).

One of the best resources I have found on the internet on the subject of conservation of one's sexual energies is thedaobums.com. I drew great inspiration from the conversations on those forums that have taken place in the past and have learned a great deal from them. I recommended investigating that site for all things related to Taoism and cultivation of one's energies.

I have for the last 12 months successfully for longer and longer periods of time been practicing semen conservation, simultaneous with my practice of meditation, and training my mind to do what I want it to do on demand without delay. Recently, over the course of 4 - 8 weeks, I have for the first time in my entire life felt as though I have made some very real progress in these areas. I have greater control than I have ever before over what I choose to focus on. More and more I am able to look at women, not impulsively as objects to be fetishized about, but as gorgeous beings by themselves so, realizing how beautiful they really are, and therefore completely undeserving of my sexual objectification and fantasizing.

I have more and more dreams as well. They are increasingly becoming vivid too. I actually briefly became lucid in a dream just the other night! I'm excited about the prospect of learning to lucid dream. I suspect somehow the energies conserved and transformed through my practice should manifest in greater awareness overall, which should have the same effect in dreams, leading to greater occurrences of lucidity.

I am acing my classes at the university. I have great focus of attention and memory. I feel a sense of power within, a deep self-confidence - I feel as though I can accomplish anything. The world may seem to be in the way of my goals, but by the sheer force of my will I feel as though any obstacle I could overcome. The only limiting factor is my decision to do so.

Anyway, the benefits of this practice go on and on. My thought process has been the following: "No more masturbation. I will not do this anymore. If I have a nocturnal emission, that's alright, I will simply put it behind me, and modify my strategies of energy sublimation. The next time I will consciously make the decision to ejaculate/orgasm will be with a woman. I am done taking the easy route and letting my energy's dissipate. I shall learn to control this energy, redirect it, and use this energy to make the changes I want to see in my life and if fate demands the world."

Please know I'm not attaching any moralism whatsoever to masturbation. It's not good. It's not bad. It's simply a question of energies. Of course, there is the generalized taoist-inspired formula of the precise frequency of ejaculations one should have based on one's age. However, it is my desire for good or ill to learn how to transform whatever energy would be lost through ejaculation into a different kind of expression. That's all.

So, back to my main problem. I've noticed that the longer I continue in my practice, especially over the last 6 weeks (I've had maybe 4 ejaculations in this time - for me, relative to past frequencies of emission, this is a life record) I have begun to feel intense heat in my eyes. I've been taking cold showers for 6 weeks as well, and during the day when I feel my head get heated I usually turn on my shower, produce as cold a stream of water as possible, and then just put my head under it for 30 seconds to a minute. That always helps for sure.

My question is: is this a common experience, this heat in the eyes, causing a slight strain on one's vision even, with men who practice semen conservation?

More information in case it concerns your diagnosis:

• I sleep grounded to the earth via a bamboo sheet made with silver linings running through it. This keeps my system electrically neutral at night at least, protects me from wifi and other types of electromagnetic radiation around, and resynchronizes my body's biochemical/circadian rhythms to the rhythms of the earth, and by implication synchronizes my biology to the activity of the sun, because sun -> earth's surface -> grounding -> my body.

• I own a medical-grade negative ion generator. In my room can be measured ranging from 10,000 ions per cc of space to 250,000 ions per cc of space depending on how close you are to the generator. It is as if I live under Niagara Falls.

• I eat a 90% vegetarian diet, including lots of steamed asparagus, broccoli, some bell peppers, leafy greens, blueberries, kiwis, bananas, grapes, avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, hemp seeds, carrots, coconut milk, and other things of this kind. I eat only between the hours of 11am - 6ish pm to benefit from the effects of Intermittent Fasting, and also because I noticed eating at these times positively affects my sleep quality.

• I eat a handful amount of grass-fed organic turkey about twice a week - that is the limit of my meat intake.

• I take nootropics on a regular basis, taking the weekends off from all supplementation to restore brain homeostasis. These include substances in various dosages, usually on the very low end below what is a recommended dose, such as:
Alpha-GPC (150 mg once a day)
Piracetam (800 mg once in the morning, 3-4 times a week)
Aniracetam (750 mg, maybe once or twice a week)
Mega Hydrate (Negatively Charged Hydrogen Ions in a capsule basically)
MSM (4 grams taken most days)
DHA and EPA sourced from Algea
Phosphatidylcholine (500mg - 1.5 g a day, taken occasionally)
Phosphatidylserine (maybe 300 mg a day)
ALCAR (usually less than 200 mg a day)
Garden of Life's multivitamin
Pycnogenol (100 mg once a day)
And finally I take my favorite long term brain health stack called Mind Lab Pro,
which contains things like Bacopa (150 mg), Lion's Mane Mushroom (500 mg), Rhodiola Rosea (50 mg), Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 at the proper RDA dosages, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (175mg), and Vinpocetine (6mg).

• I have been on a 5 week hiatus from my best friend cannabis, if it matters.

• I've used psychedelics, most heroic doses of mushrooms, beyond a year ago.

What really hammered home to me that I have this problem with "hot-eyes" was last weekend when I first experienced the effects of 100 micrograms of LSD. At least ten times I had to dunk my head under cold water. My mind was set free and I assure you I witnessed impossible-to-describe three-dimensional highly complex fractal geometric mandala-like diamondal superstructures in the space of my inner vision (behind closed eye lids), and the experience I would rate as within the top 10 experiences of my life. It was fantastic. I learned all kinds of things, especially an awareness of the importance of the posture of my spine. I could literally see and feel my energy field. I was astonished. I wondered "this must be how people get into energy medicine". If I could see what I see on LSD permanently, I would become a healer, no doubt about it. I envision I could single handedly change the world if I had that kind of vision. I wonder if it is possible to gain this sort of visual and empathic access to these energy fields around all objects and living things without the use of LSD. If so, I consider myself a student in training and deeply desire instruction.

Anyway, my "hot-eye" symptom seemed to be the only thing that detracted from my experience. I could just feel my brain and eyes becoming incredibly heated. No, I wasn't worried my brain was melting. It just felt analogous to what happens to a computer processor when it is taxed maximally. Supercomputers for example require some kind of liquid cooling to keep them from overheating.
This thought occurred to me on LSD. I realized I need to get to the bottom of this issue.

To return to my main point and I ask you all this:
Is there a relationship between the heat in my head and especially in my eyes that seems to become felt after midday, and the energies that are building up in my system as a result of my practice of semen conservation? I've been moving mountains at university, reading all kinds of books like I never have before, women respond to me differently (positively), other guys simply move out of my way it seems, I'm running often - the point is I'm not just sitting around letting the energy stagnate and boil up as it were inside up and out through my eyeballs; I am actively on purpose trying to use it up, because I naturally feel compelled to move and do things with all this energy I have when I refuse to ejaculate. It's very pleasurable indeed. I don't experience rage or impatience like some people seem to do doing this practice. I generally feel deeply confident and calm and easily inclined to meditate, unable to really be bothered or stirred to anger. I just don't enjoy feeling like my eyes are on fire. I'm trying to find out why this happens!

In conclusion, if you have read all this, thank you very much for your time and if you have any thoughts on the matter I will very much appreciate to see them!

Peace
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 9/15/2016 6:16:24 AM

Don't Panic

Those are a lot of supplements. To be honest, I have a marked dislike of supplements and the supplement industry. Not only are they not regulated, but they're also superfluous. Everything is permissible, not everything is beneficial. We should be receiving all the goodness we need from what we eat.

Taking so many is just begging for side effects.

The use of the silver lining thing screams pseudoscience to me, no offence. It is true that it has anti bacterial properties, but I'm a pathologist by profession, with a focus on microbiology. Living in a sterile environment makes you more susceptible to infections. We all have an immune system for a reason. This also applies to the negative ion generator; completely unnecessary unless you live or work in a highly contagious environment.

BUT, I can extol the virtues of semen conservation, especially when you surround yourself with hobbies and interests that keep you occupied.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

pitubo
#3 Posted : 9/15/2016 11:50:42 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Have you considered seeing a doctor?

While I am not a doctor, it seems highly doubtful to me that if, hypothetically, your brain was inflamed, burning eyes would be the sole or even most noticeable symptom.

It sound like you may have a lot of pent up energy in your system. Consider practicing extended breathing out, and relaxing through un-focusing as part of your meditation.

Anamnesia
#4 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
Those are a lot of supplements. To be honest, I have a marked dislike of supplements and the supplement industry. Not only are they not regulated, but they're also superfluous. Everything is permissible, not everything is beneficial. We should be receiving all the goodness we need from what we eat.

The use of the silver lining thing screams pseudoscience to me, no offence. It is true that it has anti bacterial properties, but I'm a pathologist by profession, with a focus on microbiology. Living in a sterile environment makes you more susceptible to infections. We all have an immune system for a reason. This also applies to the negative ion generator; completely unnecessary unless you live or work in a highly contagious environment.

BUT, I can extol the virtues of semen conservation, especially when you surround yourself with hobbies and interests that keep you occupied.

I think you are being a little too critical of supplementation of compounds that have been proven to enhance brain health. I rarely take stimulants, I don't take caffeine except on rare occasions, and most of the compounds are very good for the promotion of the growth of neurons by increasing BDNF and NGF proteins. I don't just take anything and everything advertised by the supplement industry, although I agree one must be watchful and careful to select from whom you buy your drugs, which is obvious. I imagine you wouldn't be taking the same attitude with say LSD or psilocybin, both of which have been shown to promote hippocampal neurogenesis and suppression of activity of the DMN, both of these effects by the way are also shown in studies done on the effects of meditation and even lucid dreaming on the brain. Respectfully, it seems obvious you don't know very much about nootropics in general, as things like phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylcholine, Alpha-GPC, CDP-choline, DHA and EPA are the fats that actually constitute most of the volume of the brain, by comprising the building blocks of neuronal cell membranes. It only makes sense to give the brain what it needs to build itself, of course that doesn't mean over doing it. It taking these things at right dose and right timing or even at all is superfluous, then so too is taking psilocybin mushrooms or LSD, according to your logic. There isn't a difference by the way between if you choose to eat a banana say, or a intelligently selected nootropic, for example maybe some caffeine, or piracetam and alpha-gpc before an exam to give you a temporary cognitive edge.

You completely misunderstood the part about the silver lining running through my bamboo sheet i'm afraid. If you are interested in the imperative benefits of sleeping grounded to the earth then I suggest buying this book and reading it, as the science on this is clear. It is only in the last couple of centuries that our species have gone non-barefoot, losing touch literally with the electrical rhythms of the earth. You may find it here:
https://www.amazon.com/E...-1&keywords=earthing

And the purpose of the ion generator is to simulate the environment of living in a forest as it were, where of course you know there is a higher abundance of negative ions in the air than in cities and especially in some apartment completely cut off from the forests.

None of these strategies have anything to do with being "sterile". In fact, I haven't been sick for years. I don't even as much get a cold or the sniffles. I occasionally have allergies however. Being grounded at night when I sleep in an environment abundant with negative ions, as if I were sleeping in a forest, are in fact perhaps the two best strategies, aside from proper diet, for improving the health of your immune system. I am always amazed people don't know about this. The science on everything I've mentioned has been done and the results and implications are clear, if we but take the time to go and look. You are correct the negative ion generator is perhaps unnecessary. Until you've looked at the research, I encourage you to suspend judgement. However being grounded I would argue is not unnecessary at all, but contrarily absolutely necessary! Just take a look at that book - I'm going way off into left field. I sense you are coming from a bit of an aesthetic point of view.

You didn't mention any suggestion to my actual question, but thanks for commenting anyway.

nexalizer
#5 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You lost me here: "and therefore completely undeserving of my sexual objectification and fantasizing."

Whatever it is you're doing, if it makes you feel wrong about enjoying women as a heterosexual man, I'd argue it's going down the wrong path.

This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Anamnesia
#6 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:

It sound like you may have a lot of pent up energy in your system. Consider practicing extended breathing out, and relaxing through un-focusing as part of your meditation.

This has been my inclination as well. Maybe bodhisattva is right. Perhaps combining semen conservation practices with nootropics (both great by themselves) is too much. I will practice your suggestion here about the extending breathing out and relaxing my focus when I meditate. Thanks for the tip! Maybe that'll help circulate the energy better.

Anamnesia
#7 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:52:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
You lost me here: "and therefore completely undeserving of my sexual objectification and fantasizing."

Whatever it is you're doing, if it makes you feel wrong about enjoying women as a heterosexual man, I'd argue it's going down the wrong path.

I expected this was coming! lol
No no, I'm not saying I'm trying to destroy my sexuality. I've made that error and I've grown past it once I realized it's perfectly alright to "want to get together". That's why I mentioned I'm not attaching any moralism to this whatsoever. I'm just trying to wrestle my mind free from the habitual compulsion of fantasizing, for example, REMOVED some hot college girl in the REMOVED , and instead see her more as a sister in Tao, a beautiful woman deserving of my utmost respect. I'm not saying fantasy is in any way wrong! The species must continue of course Very happy I totally enjoy women very much. I'm just training myself to approach them differently mentally. See them first as gorgeous beings to be honored and respected, and if a relationship follows after that, and that leads to sex, then that's perfectly alright. But I think women can sense when a guy is obsessed about sex, because we come off as needy, and I think nothing is more of a turn-off that clinginess. I don't know I'm not a woman - just my suspicion. Maybe a woman can enlighten me on that.

Thanks for commenting!

nexalizer
#8 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia wrote:
REMOVED some hot college girl in the REMOVED [...]

Anamnesia wrote:
and instead [...]deserving of my utmost respect.

I hope you can see why I chose to highlight these two sentences.

Wanting to REMOVED her has nothing to do with not respecting her, I'd argue at this point some morality already snuck in.

Anamnesia wrote:
[...]because we come off as needy, and I think nothing is more of a turn-off that clinginess.

It doesn't have to come off as needy - in my experience, being direct and straightforward about such matters is actually appreciated, it's not needy or clingy at all, just ownership that this is what I am and who I am (healthy hetereosexual man).

Guess what, they actually like that very much Laughing

But anyway, I guess this is severely derailing your thread/main issue, so if you want to drop the subject, no problem!
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Intezam
#9 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:11:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ayurvedic texts describes seven ways in which Ojas can be negatively affected: anger, hunger, obsession, sorrow, fatigue, fear (anxieties), and consuming things of a pungent and dry nature.

Did we mention mango? Mango also makes it worse....

The other day we seen a mockumentary on spike (channel) in which a young girl nearly became blind because she cleansed her contact lenses with just tap water. Some kind of acanthamoeba (?) started to eat her eyeballs from the inside. So maybe better not run tap water over your eyes directly.

Do you drink enough clean, clear, fresh water?

Go visit an ophthalmologist Thumbs up

Studio1one
#10 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia wrote:
nexalizer wrote:

I expected this was coming! lol
No no, I'm not saying I'm trying to destroy my sexuality. I've made that error and I've grown past it once I realized it's perfectly alright to "want to get together". That's why I mentioned I'm not attaching any moralism to this whatsoever. I'm just trying to wrestle my mind free from the habitual compulsion of fantasizing, for example, REMOVED some hot college girl in the REMOVED , and instead see her more as a sister in Tao, a beautiful woman deserving of my utmost respect. I'm not saying fantasy is in any way wrong! The species must continue of course Very happy I totally enjoy women very much. I'm just training myself to approach them differently mentally. See them first as gorgeous beings to be honored and respected, and if a relationship follows after that, and that leads to sex, then that's perfectly alright. But I think women can sense when a guy is obsessed about sex, because we come off as needy, and I think nothing is more of a turn-off that clinginess. I don't know I'm not a woman - just my suspicion. Maybe a woman can enlighten me on that.

Thanks for commenting!

Person is just a person man, male female whatever. Not to be treated as objectification of desire or goddess or anything, just as another human on this ball of rock looking for a path like everyone else. Seeing a woman as a goddess worthy of your devotion is just as much objectification as the other, just with a different slant on it.
Quote:

Darkness cannot banish darkness, only light can do that

Hate cannot banish hate, only love can do that.

Anamnesia
#11 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:27:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
Anamnesia wrote:
REMOVED some hot college girl in the REMOVED [...]

Anamnesia wrote:
and instead [...]deserving of my utmost respect.

I hope you can see why I chose to highlight these two sentences.

Wanting to REMOVED her has nothing to do with not respecting her, I'd argue at this point some morality already snuck in.

Anamnesia wrote:
[...]because we come off as needy, and I think nothing is more of a turn-off that clinginess.

It doesn't have to come off as needy - in my experience, being direct and straightforward about such matters is actually appreciated, it's not needy or clingy at all, just ownership that this is what I am and who I am (healthy hetereosexual man).

Guess what, they actually like that very much Laughing

But anyway, I guess this is severely derailing your thread/main issue, so if you want to drop the subject, no problem!

Derail the thread!! I don't mind that at all; in my opinion there hardly exists such a thing, as long as we're all learning something. I see what you mean. Thanks for pointing that out. Honesty and dropping pretense of being something you're not is always best I think. I think you're right about "some morality already snuck in". I suppose I am still sorting these things out! Honestly, thank you for your input. Thumbs up Of course I'm into sex. I want to become a multi-orgasmic man! I want to learn how to achieve orgasm after orgasm without ejaculation - I hope the reason is obvious. In order to do that however I must learn to master my energies and equally important my mental control. I've been exercising my PC muscle quite intensely these last few weeks and I must say I never knew it could become so strong! The purpose of mastering my energies is not to be celibate and thereby reach some lofty goal or something - not. at. all. I'm doing it for that woman I have yet to meet, so when the time comes, we can rock each other's world for hours and hours. I deeply agree - "this is what I am and who I am" - a man of confidence and power that knows to his core he can pleasure any woman, for there probably is no greater pleasure than to give pleasure. Is that not the meaning of compassion? That's the core reason for my practice.

Anamnesia
#12 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
Ayurvedic texts describes seven ways in which Ojas can be negatively affected: anger, hunger, obsession, sorrow, fatigue, fear (anxieties), and consuming things of a pungent and dry nature.

Did we mention mango? Mango also makes it worse....

The other day we seen a mockumentary on spike (channel) in which a young girl nearly became blind because she cleansed her contact lenses with just tap water. Some kind of bacteria (?) started to eat her eyeballs from the inside. So maybe better not run tap water over your eyes directly.

Do you drink enough clean, clear, fresh water?

Go visit an ophthalmologist Thumbs up

Laughing on the mangos...

Yes I do indeed drink plenty of clean, clear, living water. I take great care of what water I put into my body. I actually own an orgonite charging plate (listed below) created by someone in Canada who works with crystals and orgonite, and who is is especially sensitive to subtle energies. I put my water into a glass vase because the form of the vessel you store your water in is also important as it enables a certain kind of natural circulation to take place within the liquid. I then put a few drops of some "Crystal Energy" into it (linked below), and shungite rocks (linked below) from Russia as well, as they possess special properties (fullerenes) that energize the water. These two things can be found here:

http://fifthelementorgone.com/plates

http://phisciences.com/c...nergy-3-pack-super-saver

http://shungit-gifts.com...ngit-in-a-baggie-50-gram

So yes, the question of hydration is certainly not an issue.

I like your point about OBSESSION. I do tend to obsess, but the more I live the more I learn to let things go. Of the 7 ways you listed that is probably the number 1 for me. I remember back, for example, about 18 months ago, I determined I would become celibate, and use all of my sexual power to activate my sahasrara chakra and become some kind of super-enlightened mega-yogi who lives off sunlight. I realized over time the foolishness of this attitude and have since overcome that infantile aspiration. Therefore I understand what you mean about obsession.
Thanks for all your comments! I really enjoy your feedback.

nexalizer
#13 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:40:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia wrote:
I deeply agree - "this is what I am and who I am" - a man of confidence and power

Now we're talking Big grin

Glad my perspective could be of use!

Anamnesia
#14 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:41:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Person is just a person man, male female whatever. Not to be treated as objectification of desire or goddess or anything, just as another human on this ball of rock looking for a path like everyone else. Seeing a woman as a goddess worthy of your devotion is just as much objectification as the other, just with a different slant on it.

You've got a point there!

Gee walking the middle way, a razors edge isn't it.

Intezam
#15 Posted : 9/15/2016 8:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since you do ghusl five (5) times a day, we just remembered a story from our native sannnnnd religion. Wink It is about one our famous Qaadiri saint who used to roam the wilderness and haunted ruins of Iraq and his (first) meeting with a famous Madari Shaykh:

Psilosopher?
#16 Posted : 9/16/2016 3:17:22 AM

Don't Panic

Anamnesia wrote:
Bodhisativa wrote:

I think you are being a little too critical of supplementation of compounds that have been proven to enhance brain health. I rarely take stimulants, I don't take caffeine except on rare occasions, and most of the compounds are very good for the promotion of the growth of neurons by increasing BDNF and NGF proteins. I don't just take anything and everything advertised by the supplement industry, although I agree one must be watchful and careful to select from whom you buy your drugs, which is obvious. I imagine you wouldn't be taking the same attitude with say LSD or psilocybin, both of which have been shown to promote hippocampal neurogenesis and suppression of activity of the DMN, both of these effects by the way are also shown in studies done on the effects of meditation and even lucid dreaming on the brain. Respectfully, it seems obvious you don't know very much about nootropics in general, as things like phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylcholine, Alpha-GPC, CDP-choline, DHA and EPA are the fats that actually constitute most of the volume of the brain, by comprising the building blocks of neuronal cell membranes. It only makes sense to give the brain what it needs to build itself, of course that doesn't mean over doing it. It taking these things at right dose and right timing or even at all is superfluous, then so too is taking psilocybin mushrooms or LSD, according to your logic. There isn't a difference by the way between if you choose to eat a banana say, or a intelligently selected nootropic, for example maybe some caffeine, or piracetam and alpha-gpc before an exam to give you a temporary cognitive edge.

You completely misunderstood the part about the silver lining running through my bamboo sheet i'm afraid. If you are interested in the imperative benefits of sleeping grounded to the earth then I suggest buying this book and reading it, as the science on this is clear. It is only in the last couple of centuries that our species have gone non-barefoot, losing touch literally with the electrical rhythms of the earth. You may find it here:
https://www.amazon.com/E...-1&keywords=earthing

And the purpose of the ion generator is to simulate the environment of living in a forest as it were, where of course you know there is a higher abundance of negative ions in the air than in cities and especially in some apartment completely cut off from the forests.

None of these strategies have anything to do with being "sterile". In fact, I haven't been sick for years. I don't even as much get a cold or the sniffles. I occasionally have allergies however. Being grounded at night when I sleep in an environment abundant with negative ions, as if I were sleeping in a forest, are in fact perhaps the two best strategies, aside from proper diet, for improving the health of your immune system. I am always amazed people don't know about this. The science on everything I've mentioned has been done and the results and implications are clear, if we but take the time to go and look. You are correct the negative ion generator is perhaps unnecessary. Until you've looked at the research, I encourage you to suspend judgement. However being grounded I would argue is not unnecessary at all, but contrarily absolutely necessary! Just take a look at that book - I'm going way off into left field. I sense you are coming from a bit of an aesthetic point of view.

You didn't mention any suggestion to my actual question, but thanks for commenting anyway.

It's true, i'm not very experienced with nootropics. I can count all the times i had them on two hands, and only for exams and my thesis. I personally wouldn't take supplements for any other purpose. I'm kind of a nature purist, although there are plenty of things i do that are "unnatural", like writing this message on a device. To each their own.

I kinda have a strange health philosophy. The less i worry about health while maintaining a simple healthy lifestyle, the better. Eat well, exercise well, sleep well, live well.

The silver lining thing has me intrigued, but still very sceptical. I remember reading something about magnetoreceptors in animals, and the idea that it's also present in humans. The catch is that we're too evolved to have to rely on it. Or something like that, is entirely possible I've got that all wrong. But yeah, I will check out that book with a healthy dose of sceptisism.

About your eyes, I think a more pertinent question is to ask what you use them for. Do you look at screens often or for extended periods? Can you stimulate the burning deliberately by doing something specific?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Anamnesia
#17 Posted : 9/16/2016 4:25:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
Since you do ghusl five (5) times a day, we just remembered a story from our native sannnnnd religion. Wink It is about one our famous Qaadiri saint who used to roam the wilderness and haunted ruins of Iraq and his (first) meeting with a famous Madari Shaykh:

Laughing Laughing Laughing that's hilarious. I'm still laughing! His gaze was so intense he burned innocent birds out of the sky! Come to think of it, that's about how my own gaze feels at times. Cold water falling over my eyes feels amazing - it's just like, ahhhhhhhhhh "relief!"

Has anyone here heard of Swami Vivekananda? I've read some of his writings and I must say I'm intrigued with his notions of circulating the prana in our bodies through certain kinds of breathing exercises.

Anamnesia
#18 Posted : 9/16/2016 4:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:

It's true, i'm not very experienced with nootropics. I can count all the times i had them on two hands, and only for exams and my thesis. I personally wouldn't take supplements for any other purpose. I'm kind of a nature purist, although there are plenty of things i do that are "unnatural", like writing this message on a device. To each their own.

I kinda have a strange health philosophy. The less i worry about health while maintaining a simple healthy lifestyle, the better. Eat well, exercise well, sleep well, live well.

The silver lining thing has me intrigued, but still very sceptical. I remember reading something about magnetoreceptors in animals, and the idea that it's also present in humans. The catch is that we're too evolved to have to rely on it. Or something like that, is entirely possible I've got that all wrong. But yeah, I will check out that book with a healthy dose of sceptisism.

About your eyes, I think a more pertinent question is to ask what you use them for. Do you look at screens often or for extended periods? Can you stimulate the burning deliberately by doing something specific?

Please do be skeptical! Very good. I think you'll enjoy that book! I learned a lot from it; the information within its pages really woke me up to the wonder of electricity and how the realization that our brain is this marvelous electrical phenomenon, each neuron possessing electrical potentials and so on. Well, electromagnetic radiation from cell phones, wifi, power lines, smart meters, radio antennas, cell phone towers, etc combined with the fact we in "civilized" societies have been electrically separated from the negative electrical potential existing over the surface of the earth for centuries, is a possible recipe, or at least a major contributing factor, to the decline in our health as we age. This has never been seen before. Are our brains, fundamentally an electrical phenomenon, possibly sensitive to all these electromagnetic frequencies now mega abundant in the atmosphere all around us? It seems obvious the answer. But i'm glad you're taking a look at that book. I hope you get back to me about it. I love skeptical people! Because it means they are reliably not likely to be bamboozled by nonsense. Thumbs up

I do not actually look at computer screens too often during the day. I think after considering most the advices here and suggestions the issue may actually be my use of the racetams, because they modulate amp/nmda receptors, which I just found out exist also in the retina of our eyes. We all know, anyone who has used piracetam or aniracetam or noopept or something like those, increases depth of visual field and especially saturation of colors. Well, the reason for that may be the drug's action on those receptors in the retina. Stimulating them excessively may inflame them. I'm just so disappointed by this because I use such low doses of the racetams in comparison to what is recommended even as a starting dose! I guess racetams are just not for me as much I love them. Maybe I should go back to cannabis. OR just not take anything at all! lol Maybe I should take up your approach, just eat healthy, sleep well, exercise, meditate, and be kind to people, basically. Turn the fire in my eyes to water. I like water much better than fire. Each has its place of course.

Psilosopher?
#19 Posted : 9/16/2016 5:52:24 AM

Don't Panic

Is there any lifestyle changes you made when the burning started other than the cannabis?

Stopping those racetams seems like a good idea. If that doesn't do anything, perhaps you could stop all the nootropics and slowly start taking them again, one at a time.

Intezam
#20 Posted : 9/16/2016 11:37:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia wrote:
Has anyone here heard of Swami Vivekananda? I've read some of his writings and I must say I'm intrigued with his notions of circulating the prana in our bodies through certain kinds of breathing exercises.

We heard of it. But in one our sannnnd langruish we calls it: Dum Madar......(..Beda Paar)
The breathing of Zinda Shah Madar (RA) (...rafting we across the ocean of sansar)
This can actually extend ones lifes and /or rejuvenate one 'all over' beyond recognition.....anyways...Dum Madar ...can also mean...Beda Paar !!

12NEXT