We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
People with HPPD-like visuals and no contact with drugs? Options

fathomlessness
#21 Posted : 9/10/2016 5:26:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
For example, consider if someone told you, "I have a friend who told me that they recently got STDs, but they have no history of sexual activity." We can be fairly certain that whatever the friend might have, it's almost definitely not an STD.

Love the analogy of catching HPPD from psychedelics is like catching STDS from sex or the lack thereof. Laughing Use protection kids Cool

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 9/10/2016 8:57:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I think persisting effects from psychedelic use are the result of increased awareness of phenomena that are already present in the visual system.

I remember my ability as a small child to project visions on the wall of my bedroom. Also I would get the phenomenon that Ann Shulgin described throughout my childhood and into my teens, albeit with steadily decreasing frequency. This re-occurred unexpectedly - continuing to happen every couple of weeks or so for maybe a year - a couple of years ago but I can't quite remember why. It's rather enjoyable. Probably I now could induce it if I really wanted to.

Strangest was when I once awoke in a pitch dark room to find everything aglow like an old green computer monitor. All the objects in the room were clearly apparent. To this day I have no idea how that happened or what it was about. Possibly I was recovering from a fever or other sickness.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

fathomlessness
#23 Posted : 9/19/2016 8:32:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

fathomlessness wrote:
I wonder what is the mechanism behind this? How is excess oxygen responsible for suppressing neuronal activity?

I think in part this is due to Oxygen binding aggressively to other chemicals, as such it will probably neutralize certain neurotransmitters by simply "rusting" them inactive.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV12