We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
tripping for three days? Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 8/26/2016 4:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently spoke a women who went to south america for an ayahuasca ceremony.
She told me that, after she drank ayahuasca there, she was tripping for three days.

The longest aya-journey i ever made was something like seven/eight hours. And i thought that thát was long, for ayahuasca.

I wonder how this is possible. If the vine used in the brew she drank was indeed banesteriopsis caapi, then she would have to have ingested....i don't know how much, but more than i can even imagine ever ingesting.

So i suppose that some kind of vine was being used that is not actually b.caapi?
Or do some people actually put several hundreds of grams of caapi in their brews?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DeDao
#2 Posted : 8/26/2016 5:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To what degree did she claim to be 'tripping for three days'?

I know very well that the psychedelic experience can 'bleed' into life after trip quite a bit.
The psychedelic mind state has infinite degrees. Tripping for 3 days? Maybe she means experiencing small psychedelic queues, that would sound more familiar to me.

"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 8/26/2016 5:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

she claimed to have been totally submerged into another reality for three days.

Her description of the experience sounded more like iboga to me, than ayahuasca.

DeDao
#4 Posted : 8/26/2016 6:45:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Easily, I am submerged into another reality through this practice.

But words are clumsy. "Another reality" could just be this one being viewed in a different way.

Easily, some might assume it means totally hyperspaced out! lol

Cheers.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 8/26/2016 7:18:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Having met a couple people who had (what sounded like) psychotic breaks after smoking DMT or taking psychedelics, and who described their experiences along the lines of a "two week DMT experience" I think DeDao has most likely hit the explanation on the head. Even megadoses of harmalas will not last for three days, ime. I think some people romanticize or explain away their personal/outlier experiences because it's "simpler" or perhaps to avoid societal stigmas around events like a psychotic break...but that's just my opinion based on a handful of conversations.

I think the simplest explanation here is that the person in question had other things going on beyond the ingestion of ayahuasca. But without more data, it's not really possible to be certain.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

BecometheOther
#6 Posted : 9/1/2016 12:38:01 AM

metamorhpasizer

3 days eh?

I would have expected y'all to jump on this one a little faster

Most likely her story is true and she had an ayahuasca brew with toe or tree datura in it, it is an admixture to the ayahuasca brew in some places. It is not an ingredient in standard brews but can be added and add strength to the brew. I have also heard that scam artists or fake shamans will add toe to give the reputation of having he strongest ayahuasca and also when toe is used you need less vine and leaf and it helps hem stretch their product further.

I have not used datura in any form but I know it's standard for it to last 3 days.

You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 9/1/2016 1:29:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In the terence mckenna book "true hallucinations" Denis combined ayahuasca, psilocybin, and his voice and produced an experience lasting over a week, however, it's unclear if this was an HPPD type deal, or if it was pharmocological...regardless it's a great story.

-eg