We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
DMT - Smell. Options

Darkbb
#41 Posted : 11/17/2009 6:30:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Also, I must add, my grandmas black lab (Her name is Princess ughh lol) Her nose smells extremely "Similar" to DMT it is weird in a way.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Methtical
#42 Posted : 11/26/2009 4:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanted to reply to this earlier - but didn't realise I'd been promoted to be allowed to do so! (only found out by accidently hitting the "New topic" tab).

Anyways, I think I rather like the smell, the flavour and scent are certainly distinctive, I think it can get quite sickly though if you are exposed to it often.

Every now and then, at random intervals, I'll taste DMT in the back of my throat, which is the darndest thing since nothing I can think of tastes or smells remotely like the vaporised spice Smile .

Every now and then I'll pick up my machine and have a whiff of the neck just to remind myself of the smell, and it's rather fascinating because it conjures up memorys and for a split second I feel like I could launch into hyperspace that very moment and I feel the tension thats there just before jetting off Very happy

Methtical

burnt
#43 Posted : 11/27/2009 6:07:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Also, I must add, my grandmas black lab (Her name is Princess ughh lol) Her nose smells extremely "Similar" to DMT it is weird in a way.

Well skatole is another small indole found in feces. So the dog probably spends quite a bit of time sniffing around well shitty places Smile

Also yes benzyme is right its the indole backbone. If you ever have smelled pure indole (which you should never inhale deeply or ingest its toxic) you will noticed the similarity.

w0mbat
#44 Posted : 11/29/2009 9:35:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like issues of contamination could be affecting the way ppl perceive the smell.

FWIW SWIM does not like the smell of his DMT at all Sad Plasticy with a hint of funkyness
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

antrocles
#45 Posted : 11/29/2009 9:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well now...THIS is a topic about which i feel very strongly....

in a nutshell, i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of DMT!!!!!! i just finished an extract and have some extremely pure, fluffy white snowflakes in a bowl that is airtight kept in the freezer. no joke here- at least twice every hour that i'm here at the house i will go into my freezer and peel open the container....as i put my nose deep into the bowl i am met with a cool, fresh, uniquely magical smell....it literally makes me moan in ecstacy!!! as corny as it sounds, it is my favorite smell in this world...redolent of all things and all phases of all things. it is the sent of life, death, magic, consciousness, home, love and freedom...

it smells almost like a delicious pastry to be quite honest....like an elven pie left on the open window sill of some mystical temple on some distant world.....foreign enough to warrant endless olfactory exploration, yet so familiar it is almost like smelling a small pile of the yarn from which the interwoven tapestry of the universe and beyond is stitched. it's scent becomes a taste becomes a world becomes you becomes that which lies beyond "becoming"....

it is everything. in a bowl. sparkling up at me like flawless diamonds refracting the prismatic essence of all that is...

if i could somehow have that scent permanently infused into my sinus cavities...i would. one whiff of DMT alters my thought patterns and my conscious vibration.

if heaven had a "smell", it would be cool, fresh DMT crystals...at least MY heaven that is. Pleased it blows me away to read that others have such negative associations with it.....but hey, vive le diferance!!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

jacetea
#46 Posted : 11/29/2009 10:45:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
an elven pie left on the open window sill

hahaha

Ah, the joys of evaporating naphtha.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

threeleggedlion
#47 Posted : 5/8/2010 5:55:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It smells like a new pair of basketball shoes to me.

Darkbb
#48 Posted : 1/28/2013 7:19:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well its 2013 and I smelled my floor yesterday. To no surprise I was greeted with the familiar and unique scent of DMT. Amazing. Its been a full 3 years at least. Vacuumed many times, but never did a carpet wash.

Darkbb wrote:
polytrip wrote:
I had moments that i thought i smelled it. And all those times it brought back good memories.

Last time i had that was at a campingsite in the woods. I don't know if i just imagined it or that some people where realy smoking it there.

One time I had some dmt on a plate which had finished drying. It was very light tan in color. Almost white but not quiteSmile. I spilled it on the carpet in my room.

To this day sometimes I'll get a whiff of it. And if I'm on the ground for some reason I'll smell it strong where I dropped it.

I honestly can't say it smells bad. Also not good either. It resembles an some type of spice to me maybe thats why they call it "Spice" Razz.

I relate the smell to its psychedelic power. Its F'''in strong so when I smell it it brings back memories of overwhelming power.

DMTripper
#49 Posted : 1/29/2013 3:35:36 AM

John Murdoch IV

Spiced wrote:
.... the whole upper part of my house smells like someone died there a few months ago.Or like the smell of an old ladies garderobe x20.

You must be talking about the smell of burnt DMT. That's very different and quite foul. When vaporized DMT smells fine to me. Not maybe the best smell but ok. I used to be quite scared of that smell but I've learned to like it Smile Takes time to get used to it. But it can still make my heart beat faster Smile

But the smell of fresh pure DMT crystals is quite good me thinks. Flowery and very fresh Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

DeMolecularTraveler
#50 Posted : 1/29/2013 4:53:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love the smellThumbs up
I like to say it smells like the mother ship Big grin

lysurgeon
#51 Posted : 1/29/2013 1:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have seen someone who was trying DMT for their first time say in this order, "It tastes like a box of matches" and "it tastes just like Pink Floyd". It was surprising and funny to hear those descriptions.

trufflz
#52 Posted : 1/30/2013 12:25:19 AM

Mystify your Mind

Methtical wrote:
Every now and then, at random intervals, I'll taste DMT in the back of my throat, which is the darndest thing since nothing I can think of tastes or smells remotely like the vaporised spice Smile .
Methtical

Hear hear!

The spice has certainly enabled me to gain a more in-depth appreciation for mathematics... and now this is all I can associate with the smell!
DMT smells like math.

Solar Jetman
#53 Posted : 2/11/2013 10:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everytime I catch a whiff of DMT (sometimes out of nowhere) I tend to reminisce about one of my trips, usually the most recent journeys come to mind.
The theory of drugs being dangerous and lethal developed a hole when Keith Richards was born.

Pup Tentacle
#54 Posted : 2/11/2013 10:55:41 PM

lettuce

smells like unicorn milk
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

The Observer
#55 Posted : 3/2/2013 5:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was at a large festival, at a place, set up as a muscial venue.

I was on shrooms, and brought a loaded pipe, with infused mullein.

After taking a large hit, I exhaled.........

There was a group of 5 or 6 yuppie looking attendees,standing 10 or 15 ft in front of me, that after smelling what I had just exhaled, LEFT THE AREA IMMEDIATELY!!!

They were obviously, NOT spice experienced, but seeing how they reacted, can only imagine that the smell, to non spice savvy folks, smells like something very STRONG, which should be avoided.......

I had a good chuckle over their reaction, though!!

When vaped properly, in GVG, I don't believe there is any reason to think the smell is offensive, in any way!!

IMHO
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

cyb
#56 Posted : 3/2/2013 6:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I fill my Zippo with spice laden naphtha and whiff it every time I light up...
Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

PREV123