We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
DMT - Smell. Options

Spiced
#1 Posted : 10/19/2009 6:56:36 PM

Terra Incognita

Hi, i saw a few people before on this site saying that they love the smell of DMT.
I can't help it, but even after a year i still think DMT smells really disgusting.

I think i saw the woman behind the little House symbol instead of a nickname say, -and i really love this line a lot!- "DMT smells like insence burned in a temple on a desolate moon a few lightyears from here", the way she said it was more poetic though.Very happy

I can understand that people connect DMT with all things alien, but i can't share this romantic way of thinking about the smell of DMT, the whole upper part of my house smells like someone died there a few months ago.Or like the smell of an old ladies garderobe x20.

Why do some people claim that they love that smell, is it because they link it with the experiences?
I can't imagine that someone would love that smell if it wasn't DMT though. Razz

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:08:09 PM

SWIM

SWIM has great associations with DMT, that is why he "likes" the smell. It really doesn't smell good, pretty mild but unique.

But if you do your own extractions and have had to work to get them right, DMT SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

In addition: better the trips with DMT = associationally (ya it's a made up word!) better smell

Also the smoke no longer tastes bad to SWIM, he feels it tastes like peacefulness and alternative realities, if that makes sense.

SWIM has smoked DMT 8-10 times (lots sub-threshold) and on the 3rd he liked the taste.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

kemist
#3 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:08:11 PM

John

It`s all question of purity IMHO

Clean, very pure DMT should have flowery smell

Contaminated (with indole derivates or decomposition products) it could smell like shitt or say putrescine and cadaverine which resemble smell of putrefying flesh, bad breath and tonsilitis, vaginosis etc

The nasty smell should be the one of the burned DMT Crying or very sad
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

polytrip
#4 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:37:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I had moments that i thought i smelled it. And all those times it brought back good memories.

Last time i had that was at a campingsite in the woods. I don't know if i just imagined it or that some people where realy smoking it there.

Spiced
#5 Posted : 10/19/2009 8:44:09 PM

Terra Incognita

So it's probably the feelings you associate q21q21, with the smell, i can relay to that.
I can also handle the smoke much better then the beginning days, i always thought it was harsh, but now i can hold it in without coughing half of it out again for a long time without any trouble.Also at the moment i'm smoking it the smoke isn't an issue either.

Hi Kemist, i dunno about flowers man Razz , i think i have pure crystals, i mean they are as white as they can be, i assume they are pure when they are white, maybe that's a misunderstanding, i was talking about the smell when it's getting burned not unburned.
After smoking DMT from my bong the smell keeps hanging in my house for hours, it doesn't matter if my windows are wide open either, it keeps hanging there for a while.

I love DMT, don't get me wrong here, i love it with all my heart, i feel deep respect for it's capacities too, but it's that smell, it just stinks, sorry if i'm ranting about it here, i was just curious about the opinions of other people, especially why people like that smell interests me, although, that reason is pretty obvious when i think about it now.Very happy
But still, it smells nasty as hell to me.

Yea, Polytrip, i had those moments too, even a few days ago, i could swear i smelled DMT, but i didn't, but for just a second there was this slight DMTlike smell, it couldn't be DMT, but maybe it was just my mind transforming a certain smell into something more recognizable. Very happy

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/19/2009 10:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i LOVE the smell of dmt...it makes me feel warm and cozy.. comfy and safe..it scares me and excites me..

dmt is one of my favorite smells..and its not because of the beautiful experiences ive had...its because i LOVE the smell...it calms and sooths me..i miss it when all i have is a salt...

the smell of dmt smells like home to me
it's a sound

soulfood
#7 Posted : 10/19/2009 10:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Tis a good smell. As I have tasted, seen and felt this smell, I'm pretty sure of myself that it's a damn good smell. No other smell has been so vigourously checked as has this smell.

Did you know it's a really good smell?

Smell? huh.

geeg30
#8 Posted : 10/19/2009 10:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Kemist that the spice has a flower like smell to it which deteriorates as the spice turns to oxide. I also get the 'phantom' spice smell and taste days/weeks after a special journey. Its like that waft of weed you sometimes smell when you pass a 'growhouse'.

Nice.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Bill Cipher
#9 Posted : 10/19/2009 10:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tells me that he loves the taste and smell as well - very flowery, extremely unique - and the way it seems to flood his entire being during the experience. He also tells me he doesn't understand all of the burnt rubber and old sweat sock comparisons, and wonders if those who are experiencing this are either burning their spice (which does taste and smell horrible) or vaporizing a less than pure product.

lonewolf123
#10 Posted : 10/20/2009 1:29:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim says his stuff started off smelling like the plastic smell he's seen other people talk about. It was yellow/orange when he got it and just recently, maybe the past 2-3 weeks (after about 5 months of having this stuff), its starting to smell kinda fruity.... even after a re-x. He says he loves both smells though, but this new fruit smell wins, its a really really nice smell. And potency doesnt seem to have gone down swim says.

69ron
#11 Posted : 10/20/2009 3:23:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For SWIM it smells and tastes like fruity plastic, even when pure white. SWIM doesn't really like the plastic quality to it. Its so artificial. Bufotenine has a more natural taste and smell. 5-MeO-DMT is also sort of plastic like but more medicinal than DMT.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Redguard
#12 Posted : 10/20/2009 8:51:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love the smell of jungle spice, it has such a unique smell to it and i can't really describe the smell to it.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Spiced
#13 Posted : 10/20/2009 5:53:29 PM

Terra Incognita

Oh god, lol.Laughing
I'm almost the only one here who actually dislikes the burned DMT smell, 69ron seems to dislike it aswell.
It's been from yesterday evening, and still there's a touch of DMT in the air, and the room that i smoked it in has been vented all night and day, such a strong long lasting smell.

Everyone i know thinks it smells really bad, only 1 doesn't, but i'm sure that it's a mental thing.

I can't say it smells like burned plastic, but you know, it doesn't smell good, some people say that weed smells bad, but i love that smell a lot.Razz

I'm sure it has nothing to do with purity either, i smelled other's DMT and it's just the same smell, i don't understand that people think it smells like flowers either, maybe there's a hint of flowers hidden behind it, but unfortunatly i can't sense it.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but after all this time i highly doubt it.

gammagore
#14 Posted : 10/20/2009 6:06:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I smoke spice, I try to leave as little vapour in the room as possible, most times when i exhale there is very little smoke that comes out. My wife does moan about the smell sometimes. I cant smell it.

Also that DMT smell that just appears from nowhere, very strange indeed, it happens to me every now and then.

rumplestiltskin
#15 Posted : 10/23/2009 1:48:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup, SWIM's spice smells like nectar, pure white. Don't know if anyone has ever smelled fresh bat guano but that is EXACTLY how SWIM's smells, weird.
Good morning.... good afternoon.... goodnight,
what have you done with your life?
Everybody's time come to be embraced by the light,
you're only scared to die when you're not living right.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 10/23/2009 3:03:35 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

kemist wrote:

Contaminated (with indole derivates or decomposition products) it could smell like shitt or say putrescine and cadaverine which resemble smell of putrefying flesh, bad breath and tonsilitis, vaginosis etc

what??

pure DMT smells similar to pure AMT, or even tryptamine. it's an indole smell, with a hint of amine fishyness.
definitely doesn't smell like flowers..
well, maybe a little bit; both indole/tryptamine have traditionally used as a base note for perfumes

periwinkle has good expression of tryptophan decarboxylase, thus contains tryptamine.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Pandora
#17 Posted : 10/23/2009 3:38:16 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi Guys,

Nice debate here. Not having access to a gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer, I cannot testify to how pure my DMT is. In it's freebase form it has a light floral scent. I have had this confirmed by a relative who does not use spice.

Burned is a whole different and somewhat nastier story. Burned plastic is fair, although true burned plastic is a stronger, more acrid and toxic smell. My brother, a non-user says my room smells like old gym socks after a heavy session. I do not consider this a compliment.

Yes, it is a classical conditioning association that makes me love the smell of DMT. But, I mainly love the smell of the freebase form. It actually makes me a bit weak in the knees. The burned form does not do this to me, but I know good things are happening in the immediate vicinity. I have never smelled phantom DMT. Sometimes my grow space makes me think of DMT if I have been using a lot of my DMT laced weed . . .

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Spiced
#18 Posted : 10/23/2009 6:00:44 PM

Terra Incognita

Ok, i was talking about the burned DMT to make things clear, it's confusing now for me. Very happy

But i guess people aren't recognizing a floral scent in the burned DMT smell, weird that this (burned) smell is loved by so many people, it really, really stinks a lot imo, and i also really love DMT with a passion, but still i think it stinks as hell.Confused
it keeps smelling after even a day too.

I never thought it smelled like burned plastic either, more like an old ladies garderobe as i mentioned, but a lot worse, like it's combined with that old ladies really bad breath, she probably died too, it just smells that bad to me, i'm really sorry.Razz

Hey benzyme, i didn't knew that about perfume, it's interesting, thanks.

polytrip
#19 Posted : 10/23/2009 6:08:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It smells psycho-active. It's like if you didn't know what DMT was and you would smell it, you would immediately recognize it has psycho-active properties, just by the smell of it.
It's an intruiging smell.

lonewolf123
#20 Posted : 10/23/2009 6:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
kemist wrote:

what??

pure DMT smells similar to pure AMT, or even tryptamine. it's an indole smell, with a hint of amine fishyness.
definitely doesn't smell like flowers..
well, maybe a little bit; both indole/tryptamine have traditionally used as a base note for perfumes

periwinkle has good expression of tryptophan decarboxylase, thus contains tryptamine.

So swim decantted heptane from one of his containers and smelled it, and it definately had a fishy smell... he was about to put it back in the bottle but decided with a smell like that, (smells nothing like heptane), that he should probably evap and re freeze..... does this fishy smell in decanted solvent indicate more spice to be yielded??

123NEXT