We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV5678NEXT
easy diy ejuice for vapers. Options

1ce
#121 Posted : 9/5/2016 12:08:09 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

steppa wrote:
1ce wrote:
dang, what falls out? waxes or fats maybe?

That would be my guess too. Maybe winterizing is essential. And nobody wants to inhalte fats and waxes anyways.

Regardless...my ultrasonic device arrived this morning. In the evening I'll throw it in to see if it will fall out again after ultrasonic treatment.

Heck yeah, I can't wait to see how it works for others. Do share!

I find sonicating the bottles of the finished juice for 90min-2hrs gets it perfect.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

1ce
#122 Posted : 9/5/2016 12:13:53 PM

also makes me wonder if the plants'fats were removed during centrifuging, and somehow emulsified when adding the pg since I didm't fuge it this time. I did see microscopic bubbles when I looked at it under the microscope but I figured it'd be from cavitation of very viscous liquids.

I'll wait a couple days and see if anything falls out, been a full day sofar so good.

1ce
#123 Posted : 9/5/2016 4:28:35 PM

tested out my new ejuice, it's a winner again :3

vapor taste was sweet on inhale, nice zing from the mango. Once inhale is done, it moves to a soft cannabis flavor, just enough to taste the herb. No taste on exhale, very clean. After I was suprised to find it left a vert pleasant mango after taste, very enjoyable.

I do think I've found the secret recipe for this thing, solvent choice and homogenizing seem critical between a clean, crisp, flavorful vape and one that taste earthy, green, and too much like plants.

Definitely wont do it any other way :3

I've made an ejuicr flavor we quite enjoy, using 6% papaya, 2% white grape (flavour art) and 8% plum from wizardlabs. The taste is very tropical and smooth, I plan on trying this one next.

steppa
#124 Posted : 9/5/2016 5:01:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I fear that that e-juice won't be able to hold the ammount of extract which I want in it to be. Razz
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

sbc1
#125 Posted : 9/5/2016 5:33:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well done 1ce can't wait for more recipes.

Steppa you did you do the 50/50 ratio, you might need a bit more eliquid to hold it, pure what you did from beginning to end on here and maybe 1ce can take a look

1ce
#126 Posted : 9/6/2016 12:36:27 AM

I was reading a few pages last night about other folks attempts at cannajuice. One site stated that at 30%thc/cbd he started having it fall out of the vg. He claimed to be using bho shatter so idk.

steppa you dripping your juice?if you're using a tank or carto 50/50 seems to be holding up well as none of my bottles are seperating out.

steppa
#127 Posted : 9/6/2016 8:27:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday I put the juice into the ultrasonic cleaning device. SO far, so good. I set it to about 50°C and let the juice sit for 3x 10 minutes. After only a few minutes the clumps were dissolved back into the solution. I'm curious how long they will stay there.

1ce, what does that mean?

Quote:
30%thc/cbd he started having it fall out of the vg.

30% by weight in relation to VG? I guess I was far from that.

I'm using a tank setup. 50/50 VG/PG.

I thought about my next approach and think it will look like that:

Taking bud and blasting it with butane directly into a bit of freezing cold ethanol. Hoping that fats and waxes won't dissolve in the freezing cold ethanol so that I can directly filter them out.

Then evaping most of the ethanol, only leaving a bit to help the extract dissolve in the VG/PG.

Then putting it into the warm ultrasonic bath to evap off the the last bit of ethanol and homogenize the whole thing.

If that works like I hope it should be a really fast and simple procedure with a pretty clean result.

We'll see.

1ce
#128 Posted : 9/6/2016 10:10:03 AM

steppa wrote:
Yesterday I put the juice into the ultrasonic cleaning device. SO far, so good. I set it to about 50°C and let the juice sit for 3x 10 minutes. After only a few minutes the clumps were dissolved back into the solution. I'm curious how long they will stay there.

1ce, what does that mean?

Quote:
30%thc/cbd he started having it fall out of the vg.

30% by weight in relation to VG? I guess I was far from that.

I'm using a tank setup. 50/50 VG/PG.

I thought about my next approach and think it will look like that:

Taking bud and blasting it with butane directly into a bit of freezing cold ethanol. Hoping that fats and waxes won't dissolve in the freezing cold ethanol so that I can directly filter them out.

Then evaping most of the ethanol, only leaving a bit to help the extract dissolve in the VG/PG.

Then putting it into the warm ultrasonic bath to evap off the the last bit of ethanol and homogenize the whole thing.

If that works like I hope it should be a really fast and simple procedure with a pretty clean result.

We'll see.

what about heptane? you could dehydrate the heptane, and blast it in the homogenizer. Hot water bath to drive off heptane, dissolvr in pg, add vg, stir, sonicate and serve.

most the nasties come over in polar solvents/water.

ethanol azeotropes so you get both.

sbc1
#129 Posted : 9/6/2016 10:49:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah get some heptane/dcm or petroleum ether much better at cleaning up the product, as 1ce said all the crap chlorophyll ect is soluble in water/alcohol, if you check that pdf I sent you on one of my posts it goes over the the heptane/saline wash

steppa
#130 Posted : 9/6/2016 10:52:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
what about heptane?

What would be the advantage of extracting with heptane over butane? So far I am only able to see disadvantages...pricey, harder to source, takes longer to purge.

Wouldn't it also dissolve about the same ammount of fats and waxes as butane?

So far I'm pretty contend with butane as a solvent. Last time I just used alc. because I never did before.

1ce
#131 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:31:15 AM

steppa wrote:
Quote:
what about heptane?

What would be the advantage of extracting with heptane over butane? So far I am only able to see disadvantages...pricey, harder to source, takes longer to purge.

Wouldn't it also dissolve about the same ammount of fats and waxes as butane?

So far I'm pretty contend with butane as a solvent. Last time I just used alc. because I never did before.

I guess, idk I'm a fan of liquid solvents. easier to control, easier to reuse. butane is pretty expensivr where I live at $6+ a can. Would work fine though. I've never use butane but the key is anhydrous nonpolar solvents. Butane would be fine, ethanol or iso tend to make a mess that becomes a nightmare to clean.

To save time and mechanical loss I'd collect the butane directly in the dish you want to dissolvr your pg into like a small flask/beaker/mason jar or what have you. once the butane is gone just add your pg and heat, stir until dissolved, then repeat with vg.

I suppose one trying to do a bulk extraction could grind and sonicate some nugs in a liter (or however much your sonicator holds) could work, winterize it,purge the solvent and redissolve in a tiny bit of dcm. It might be a gunky mess, though it is fun to theory craft.

sbc1
#132 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:35:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't think there's that many advantages but for me it's easier and less disastrous than blasting with butane, just pour it in, decant then let it evaporate, alcohol is good but I'd get some dry ice and do a quick wash

1ce
#133 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:44:30 AM

sbc1 wrote:
Don't think there's that many advantages but for me it's easier and less disastrous than blasting with butane, just pour it in, decant then let it evaporate, alcohol is good but I'd get some dry ice and do a quick wash

xD I'm blessed with distillation equipment so I've got tunnel vision as far as solvent choice goes. ;p

steppa
#134 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
To save time and mechanical loss I'd b=collect the butane directly in the dish you want to dissolvr your pg into.

I want the butane to drip from the extraction column into a dish with freezing cold ethanol in it because I hope that fats and waxes extracted by the butane wouldn't dissolve in the freezing cold ethanol. Thus they could be easily filtered. I'd end up with a pristine absolute extract then.

If the fats and waxes don't instantly clump out I'd put the extract/ethanol mix in the freezer for over a day or so.

Quote:
alcohol is good but I'd get some dry ice and do a quick wash

I don't like it for initial extraction. Too much effort to have a clean extraction.

steppa
#135 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
xD I'm blessed with distillation equipment

That's the point. Wink

And I can buy "near zero impurities" butane for about 2,5$ a can here. I'd need about 1 can per ounce of weed.

1ce
#136 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:51:37 AM

steppa wrote:
Quote:
To save time and mechanical loss I'd b=collect the butane directly in the dish you want to dissolvr your pg into.

I want the butane to drip from the extraction column into a dish with freezing cold ethanol in it because I hope that fats and waxes extracted by the butane wouldn't dissolve in the freezing cold ethanol. Thus they could be easily filtered. I'd end up with a pristine absolute extract then.

If the fats and waxes don't instantly clump out I'd put the extract/ethanol mix in the freezer for over a day or so.

Quote:
alcohol is good but I'd get some dry ice and do a quick wash

I don't like it for initial extraction. Too much effort to have a clean extraction.

I'm not sure sure about that, seems alcohols/water will extract a ton of junk. E=which lead to a very very lengthy cleanup. I'd think using ethanol would just lengthen the process. I know there are certain silk cloths that are used to filter protoplasts, about 40 micron. should be a good size to filter out a lot of unwanted junk if you used it as a screen for your bho tube.

steppa
#137 Posted : 9/6/2016 11:58:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:

I'm not sure sure about that, seems alcohols/water will extract a ton of junk.

Nah...it seems like I'm not able to express myself correctly. Initial extraction takes place with butane. But butane extracts some other non-polar stuff that we dont want.

But this stuff (or at least some of it) falls out of freezing cold ethanol. I know that for a fact.

1ce
#138 Posted : 9/6/2016 12:06:58 PM

steppa wrote:
1ce wrote:

I'm not sure sure about that, seems alcohols/water will extract a ton of junk.

Nah...it seems like I'm not able to express myself correctly. Initial extraction takes place with butane. But butane extracts some other non-polar stuff that we dont want.

But this stuff falls out of freezing cold ethanol. I know that for a fact.

OOOH Okay, I see what you're doing. Using the ethanol to precipitate impurities.

steppa
#139 Posted : 9/6/2016 12:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
OOOH Okay, I see what you're doing. Using the ethanol to precipitate impurities.

Exactly! Big grin

steppa
#140 Posted : 9/8/2016 8:49:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So far so good. Day three after ultrasonic bath...nothing has fallen out.

«PREV5678NEXT