We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Waking From A Fog Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 8/18/2016 9:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, about 2 weeks ago, I finally had the privilege of trying mescaline for the first time (San Pedro cactus, 1 ft). In general, it was an astonishing, and wonderful experience. Much gentler than psilocybin (which usually comes with a 'why am I doing this to myself' feeling, even after all these years), something like a cross between mushrooms and MD(M)A. In general, I give it a solid A+.

There was one element that I found somewhat disconcerting though. Not scary or bad, just weird in a way that I haven't been able to integrate. During the experience, I had a very profound feeling as though I was waking from a fog, and that, looking back on my life, everything I had done or been doing felt 'fake' or 'flat,' as though I was dissociated from my own memories. Memories of everything from meditation to my work (both of which are important to me) felt strange and like they were executed into a fog.

Once the drug wore off, I felt like I had returned to normal: daily life, no fog.

Anyone experience anything like this? I've never had such an experience on any other drug.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pau
#2 Posted : 10/25/2016 1:28:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Waking from a fog? Sounds good to meThumbs up
San Pedro will do that to you....nothing like it.
- Quoth the Trichoceratops
pau attached the following image(s):
Trichoceratops.jpg (121kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
WHOA!

Chaska
#3 Posted : 12/16/2016 8:21:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it seems to dispel the illusion we are usually ensnared in
each communion for me is a remembrance of sorts, a fog is lifted

do it again!
grow plants, make tea, love life

Studio1one
#4 Posted : 12/16/2016 9:13:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis in high dose gives me this sensation. It's both enlightening and alarming.
Quote:

Darkness cannot banish darkness, only light can do that

Hate cannot banish hate, only love can do that.

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 12/17/2016 3:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline to me has such a gentle but mature nature to it, with sometimes harsh lessons attached. During such long trips on acid, I sometimes get to a point where I'm done with the experience waaaay before it's done with me. This isn't usually the case with mesc - such an amazing substance!

I have never had any visions of my life/memories feeling foggy or fake while on psychedelics, but have had the "fog lift" sensation during and afterwards. Where everything seems to be in much better order than it was before, including mental and visual acuity.