We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
are we certain, about the botanical id of our MHRB? Options

Schafschaf
#1 Posted : 8/14/2016 8:48:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey fellow nexians Smile
All the literature i have, states that mimosa hostilis contains around 0.6% of DMT.
Now have my extractions, and others i read about here, yielded up to 3(!)%
And after some searching, i found that Trout mentions Mimosa Ophtalmocentra with up to 3.5% yield.
So is it possible, that our MHRB is mislabeled? Not that I'm complaining, it just strikes me as odd

schaaf

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fanphoenix
#2 Posted : 8/14/2016 10:58:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anything is a possibility, friend.

SWIM pulled 1g of DMT from 50 grams of MHRB which equals a 2% yield.

Schafschaf
#3 Posted : 8/15/2016 8:09:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats what i meant...
my best yield, was 2.4(!)%
and according to the literature, mimosa hostilis, shouldn' contain that much...
is there a way, to identify the rootbark without a doubt?

schaaf

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 8/15/2016 1:43:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mimosa ophthalmocentra*

The alkaloid levels in these plants are highly variable, and many factors determine the quantity of these tryptamine compounds that will be present. (Soil quality, light, season of harvest, region where it was grown, plant genetics, maturity of the plant, etc...)

I'm not fully ruling out mislabeling, perhaps folks in south America will harvest many DMT containing mimosa species and will label them all "mimosa hostilis"

...Though again, you have to consider, the alkaloid contents published are only of the plants which were tested, and as alkaloid constants can vary greatly, it's possible it is just potent MHRB

-eg

Schafschaf
#5 Posted : 8/15/2016 1:57:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks Smile
i thought as much, but since i'm a member in the larget dmt community on the planet,
i thought i might ask peolple, who might know better than me Smile

i'll keep your explanation in mind, maybe someone knows a microscopic way to id mimosa species Very happy

concombres
#6 Posted : 8/15/2016 3:12:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Schafschaf wrote:
thanks Smile
i thought as much, but since i'm a member in the larget dmt community on the planet,
i thought i might ask peolple, who might know better than me Smile

i'll keep your explanation in mind, maybe someone knows a microscopic way to id mimosa species Very happy

Can you provide citations or links directly to literature stating 0.6%?
What EG mentioned is true & can have a large effect on the DMT content of the plant material used to get that figure.
I have seen 0.6% figures mentioned before but have always been curious about how thorough the testing that was done to arrive at that number was.
When, where, what time of day, etc. Was the material used harvested? Were multiple samples taken & tested with a repeatable extraction method & the average taken from various batches, or was it simply someone doing a single A/b extraction (which has always been known to yeild notably less than ATB or STB teks) on one batch & using that number?

It may be possible that some species of mimosa get sold as hostilis & are not though. There was a thread about different mimosa species here a while back.

I think the best way to go about testing whether or not what you have is mimosa hostilis or another species of mimosa would be to do some analytical work on a small portion of plant matter & some research into what the full spectrum alkaloids should be from hostilis. I would maybe try a methanol extraction on the bark & do a TLC plate with that, then a naphtha extraction & spot next to the methanol extract to compare.
This way you get a better idea of full alkaloid profile that may not be accessible by NPS & can compare to the alkaloid profile of different mimosa species.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 8/15/2016 3:37:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know I have never seen Mimosa ophthalmocentra root bark so I can't compare it to Mimosa tenuiflora personally, though I can say that all the Mimosa tenuiflora root bark I have ever had was very consistent in appearance, smell, and taste...Though if Mimosa ophthalmocentra root bark is that similar to Mimosa tenuiflora root bark it may be hard to tell...Though just by appearance, taste and smell I would say it's consistently MHRB.
(Though I stopped obtaining MHRB, in favor of ACRB some time ago)

Mimosa tenuiflora root bark (MHRB) has been recently shown to have a N,N-Dimethyltryptamine content of about 1 to 1.7% as recorded by Christian Rätsch (Enzyklopädie der psychoaktiven Pflanzen. Botanik, Ethnopharmakologie und Anwendungen. pg. 15 )

so fanphoenix's 2% yield is on par for potent MHRB.

Microscopy is an option...maybe... you would need a confirmed reference sample of both Mimosa ophthalmocentra and Mimosa tenuiflora, preferably in "shredded" form rather than powdered.

you could compare each confirmed sample of both your mimosa species under a microscope, carefully noting and identifying any distinguishing features, then compare your confirmed samples to several samples purchased online, noting and recording your results.

there are more complex methods of analysis, as simple microscopic comparisons may prove to be inconclusive, but simple microscopic comparisons could be a fun project...provided you obtain confirmed reference samples.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 8/15/2016 3:43:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mimosa tenuiflora root bark (MHRB) has been recently shown to have a N,N-Dimethyltryptamine content of about 1 to 1.7% as recorded by Christian Rätsch (Enzyklopädie der psychoaktiven Pflanzen. Botanik, Ethnopharmakologie und Anwendungen. pg. 15 )

So even your [Schafschaf] 2.4% yield is on par for potent MHRB according to Christian Rätsch's published numbers...

-eg

Schafschaf
#9 Posted : 8/15/2016 6:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot guys Smile

the 0.6% were in an older edition of rätschs bible...
hadn't seen the newer analysis yet, thanks for pointing that out

the stuff i get as mhrb, always looked the same and yielded quite consistently, so it was most likely the same species...

it was mostly a thought experiment but i will see, if i can do some real research as pointed out here Smile

schaaf

tryptamine9
#10 Posted : 8/15/2016 7:53:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I think our extractions usually yield all alkaloids. The citations state contents of N,N-DMT...
Nonetheless I sometimes thought about the strange fact that often the second or third pull in an STB gives more than the first. And I am wondering if it could be not only becuse of the plant cells being degraded by the lye but also because of ongoing enzymatic activity, still forming DMT? If the enzymes were not destroyed by the lye and by mixing all the contents up they would come in contact with the corresponding educts again..., would that be possible? Could something like that explain the high yields? Or is it just because of extracting all the NMT etc.?

Schafschaf
#11 Posted : 8/16/2016 7:43:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks, tryptamine9 Smile
i totally lost that out of sight...
Time to re-X a batch of earwax and see how much, comes out of it.
is there a way to tell, when i seperated (almost) all DMT from the jungle?

schaaf

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 8/16/2016 2:28:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tryptamine9 wrote:
Well I think our extractions usually yield all alkaloids. The citations state contents of N,N-DMT...
Nonetheless I sometimes thought about the strange fact that often the second or third pull in an STB gives more than the first. And I am wondering if it could be not only becuse of the plant cells being degraded by the lye but also because of ongoing enzymatic activity, still forming DMT? If the enzymes were not destroyed by the lye and by mixing all the contents up they would come in contact with the corresponding educts again..., would that be possible? Could something like that explain the high yields? Or is it just because of extracting all the NMT etc.?

I honestly don't see ongoing enzymatic process as an option...

It's said around 3% of total alkaloid extract from MHRB is NMT and 2-Methyl-1,2,3,4-Tetrahydro-Beta-Carboline...

There's also a novel phyto-indole alkaloid known as Yuremamine present in MHRB...

The NaOH serves two purposes, of coarse one is to help brake down cell walls freeing the DMT salts, but more importantly the NaOh serves to convert the DMT oxalate or DMT tannate salts to DMT free-base.

Perhaps some of the DMT salts are taking longer to deprotonate to the freebase?

This is the biosynthetic pathway for N,N-DMT

Tryptophan is decarboxalated (AADC ; amino acid decarboxylase) giving tryptamine, which is then methylated (indole amine methyl transferase ; INMT) by S-Adenosyl methionine (SAM), (this SAM becomes S-Adenosyl-homocysteine (SAH) when it donates its methyl group) giving N-methyl-tryptamine, this N-methyl-tryptamine is then methylated again (INMT) by SAM (which becomes SAH) giving N,N-dimethyltryptamine

-eg