We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca in the eyes of parents: Medicine or Recreation? Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 8/9/2016 6:37:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am in a very odd position.

I am using things like Ayahuasca, Iboga to heal a chronic illness. My parents are in on it, being (once) hippies, and say that they support this endeavor.

Indeed, they financially support part of my expenses, as I cannot work due to the chronic illness. Medical expenses, even "supplements" is part of what my parents are offering to cover.

But Ayahuasca... and, say, Kambo ceremonies, where frog venom is smeared into my burn wounds...

Is THAT something they should feel obligated to pay for? I mean, these are the methods of healing I have chosen. They mmmostly understand my aversion to Western medicine.

On the one hand, it makes me feel sick asking them for money to pay for mind- and soul-expanding medicines. It's such a personal journey I'd rather not have tainted by outside money or attention.

On the other hand, it's my health, my livelihood at stake.

What do? Anyone else in a similar situation?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Psilociraptor
#2 Posted : 8/9/2016 9:50:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mind if i ask what chronic illness? Not the exact same situation, but i've had lyme for about two years and have opted for herbal therapy which my parents are supporting financially. Definitely uncomfortable trying to get them on my side and abandon conventional care... but you got to do what's right for you

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 8/10/2016 1:21:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilociraptor wrote:
Mind if i ask what chronic illness? Not the exact same situation, but i've had lyme for about two years and have opted for herbal therapy which my parents are supporting financially. Definitely uncomfortable trying to get them on my side and abandon conventional care... but you got to do what's right for you

Rheumatoid arthritis (maybe chronic lyme) very severe, to the point of needing 2 hip replacements. Extreme osteoarthritis as a result.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Psilociraptor
#4 Posted : 8/10/2016 2:03:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
Psilociraptor wrote:

Rheumatoid arthritis (maybe chronic lyme) very severe, to the point of needing 2 hip replacements. Extreme osteoarthritis as a result.

Have you looked into Lyme and coinfections? Very common cause of various types of arthritis. Particularly mycoplasma and RA.

How has the ayahuasca gone for you? Haven't done it since I got sick. I've been too afraid due to how rough it is and how fragile I feel. I've done some other psychedelics sporadically. Some of the most incredible symptom relievers I've tried and definitely powerful energetic medicine.