We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mantak Chia and Ayahuasca - Video Options

woogyboogy
#1 Posted : 7/25/2016 4:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Came across this video, and thought it might be of interest to some, as some practices and experiments (darkroom) of Mantak Chia have been discussed here a few times.

Basically he claims that using psychedelics drains your "jing" energy, which in taoism is essentially the "life force"/depletes a lot of energy. I have seen this believe expressed by Taostic Teachers before.

Any thoughts on this?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 7/25/2016 5:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

He makes some claims there that are not true.
Long live the unwoke.

Running Bear
#3 Posted : 7/25/2016 8:08:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelics definitely drain my energy. After a heavy ayahuasca trip it takes me a couple months to be 100% again. There is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to heavy psychedelics.

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 7/26/2016 12:09:52 AM

Come what may

I find this irritating. Religious mumbo jumbo.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Jees
#5 Posted : 7/26/2016 6:43:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
It is always the same: Don't do what the others do, it is we that have the right knowledge, ways & keys.
Business, as usual Wut?

I really like the whole physical side of the Universal TAO (= very Mantaks version) practices, I loitered 3 yrs in one of his satellites. But I never found good tune with his metaphysical stuff. In that vid he sounded much like "Lets sell some dark room sessions here" Twisted Evil

woogyboogy
#6 Posted : 7/26/2016 8:05:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
DmnStr8 wrote:
It is always the same: Don't do what the others do, it is we that have the right knowledge, ways & keys.
Business, as usual Wut?

I really like the whole physical side of the Universal TAO (= very Mantaks version) practices, I loitered 3 yrs in one of his satellites. But I never found good tune with his metaphysical stuff. In that vid he sounded much like "Lets sell some dark room sessions here" Twisted Evil

Actually I was hoping that you might respond, because of youre experience with Mantaks practices.
I also find some of his writings interesting, concerning the techniques he presents, but also mainly because I feel, when it comes to Toaist pracices there really is a lack of choice in reading material... But it seems he really is not to open minded in his presentation of his view at this subject..

Still I would suggest that maybe more then one Taoist might make the statement, that using Psychedelics can drain your jing. I am not sure what to make out of all the jing philosophy anyway, but the old Taoists definitly had something going...

Jees
#7 Posted : 7/26/2016 3:26:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TAO is not very hard defined, a fuzzy term. How exactly it relates to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is fuzzy too IMHO. One bacon is the I-TJING as a resource, but the interpretations of this stay open for imagination. For example what is in particular YIN or YANG (as a cornerstone in the matter) is still contradictory between tao-ists. Then again maybe that's good in the end to be not strict and legion religions could benefit of this attitude.

On the downside (?) of this: anyone can say what they want and Mantak takes advantage of this, who is ever going to counter speak and on what bases?

In that vid, I could not escape thinking that he was generalizing and permitting credibility in drift sand arguments. "Thousands of years" always sells like sweet candy Neutral

The core essence of Mantak Chia's "promise" is having Chi control/management. With that skill to build a "spiritual vessel" in which you can decide to step into at will, and with that: to soar the realms before place-time-life. Often said as: Dying before you die. So that when the bodily death comes, you have already acquainted and mapped the terrain to come and your vessel is ready. All with one purpose: to not need to incarnate again. So it's a religion too, but one that uses the body as a tool to develop as the base.

Sounds great but of the millions (?) of practitioners who are drawn to it, and they sure benefit greatly the bodily approach, the big "promise" is quite unreachable just like a carrot on a stick and it sure keeps the business running, very good marketing!

It must be painful for him that what he ultimately promises, our works with molecules do a better job. He talks jealous IMO and shoots the competition down, a trade mark of the marketeer. I think he better sticks where he's best in: bodily development a la TAO and the mind will follow along automatically, it's not just fitness in that regard. But he would never be so successful without that carrot-on-a-stick trick.

What stand out in that vid:
* our community here is prudent to associate the dmt experience with real death development processes. Mantak is less prudent and says its the same thing going on. Too much of Strassman comes-in-handy to sell your goods, Mr. Mantak?
* he claims that TCM has all plant knowledge deep in the pocket so it can speak with most authority. Where is the backup of such claim when it comes to ayahuasca?
* What he describes as the plant molecule experience, this does not stroke with my experiences, the poor man comes across rattling and chaotic for that matter. His arguments make him looking not knowing what he talks about, but that is no problem for Mantak as the mob will buy it any or another way.
* what I forgot Big grin

I wish him and his schools well, it changed many lives positively, but all this personal CHI mastering did not prevent him from being typical human Pleased