We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca in the Sun Options

Space
#1 Posted : 7/22/2016 12:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Been a while since I was on here. I'm preparing for another launch however this time I'm considering having the experience out in nature under the sun. So my question; does anyone have any experience with ayahuasca in daylight? -Preferably in summer. How has the experience differed compared to having it at night?

Having psylocybin during the day is almost completely different to when I have it at night.

Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ijahdan
#2 Posted : 7/22/2016 2:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did a caapi only brew on a sunny day and it was a big mistake! I'd always enjoyed tripping in the daytime, especially mushrooms and cacti but didnt have any experience with harmalas. Anyway, I had a load of caapi already brewed for a planned aya experience the following weekend and thought I'd test a bit without any chacruna, just to gauge its strength.

Drank about the equivalent of 100g vine and lay down in the sun in my back garden. Before long, I started feeling heavy, hot, sweaty and dizzy, and the sounds of everyday life in the streets around me became uncomfortably loud, grating, metallic. The sunlight got painfully bright too, and I decided to make a break for the indoors while I was still capable.

I got inside but didnt manage to close the curtains or make a comfortable space for myself and basically ended up rolling around the floor and crawling back and forth to the toilet for both ends purging, all the while trying to shield my eyes from the harsh daylight pouring in from every window.

The following weekend I drank a similar amount of brew, with chacruna, at night with blackout blinds on the windows and a comfortable place to lie and it all went smoothly, so that's it for daytime aya for me.

Changa in the daytime, especially out in the countryside is nice though, and very different to nighttime sessions.

Space
#3 Posted : 7/22/2016 2:25:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that. I wonder if other people have the same uncomfortable types of experiences.

The night does seem perfectly fitting for ayahuasca.

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/22/2016 9:34:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the dark, you realy get to see more. And it's also realy nice to be in a quiet place.

I believe that the best circumstances, at least visually, are when you're in a place that's dark, but not completely dark.

inaniel
#5 Posted : 7/23/2016 1:37:11 AM

mas alla del mar

I had a low dose experience in the sun during the warm texas heat. it was nice, very visually pleasant and comforting at the start, then it got dark. both literally and metaphorically. didn't really matter that it was daylight out. i had someone walk with me while i was nearly returned to baseline, and it was a very beautiful walk. i'd recommend to just try it for yourself maybe and let us know what you think.

Chan
#6 Posted : 7/23/2016 5:03:36 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

After my one and only horrifically-searing experience in full sun:

Anything which forcibly dilates your pupils, is a Bad Idea, in a bright environment, especially if it's also hot.

IMO, there's a good reason ceremonies are always conducted at night...
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Global
#7 Posted : 7/23/2016 9:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I can recommend it in the sun. I find the daylight to be emotionally uplifting, and I can feel a strong energetic interaction with the sunlight. I typically like my DMT experiences in bright settings, but that's just me.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Space
#8 Posted : 7/24/2016 12:00:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses. I guess it's just something I'd have to try myself. I was curious because of how it affected my mushroom experiences. At night they seemed dark, I almost purely have to face my surfacing fears, which is a great opportunity, but when I had them during the day in nature on a sunny day, they just seemed to give me a gentle and golden experience, beautiful, full of love and insight.

I can't complain with my ayahuasca experiences at night, every experience has been amazing and cherished. But yeah, I guess I'm just curious. Being in the sun out in nature is really rejuvenating for me.

I'll definitely post back if I decided to try it.

Valmar
#9 Posted : 7/24/2016 12:07:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done Ayahuasca in the daytime, and what I noticed is that the sun shone and darkened through being covered with clouds at synchronistic moments according to what I was being taught at time. Very curious.
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Space
#10 Posted : 7/24/2016 3:55:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It absolutely will. Every perceived change is a change within ourself.

Our perceived environment is a state of mind.

BundleflowerPower
#11 Posted : 7/31/2016 5:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ayahuasca in the sun is amazing. I once drank aya in a ceremony, in the mountains of California during the day, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced.