We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Attempt at resin tek, yielded green powder? Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 7/22/2016 3:50:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I had a section of cactus that had significant damage to it, so I originally tried planting it horizontally to create new pups that wouldn't be so damaged and scarred. However, the cutting never took and it started withering really bad. So I decided to use this section to try to gauge the potency of the specimen that I have.

The section was 6-7 inches long, and 1-1.5 inches in diameter. Before removing spines and as much waxy skin as I could, the total weight was 66.5g. I cut it all into small chunks and boiled it in water for between 5 and 6 hours, while adding water when it got low. It was then strained and reduced, and placed on a dish in the oven.

I was expecting a black resin like material to remain, but instead I got a very fine green powder that sparkles a little in the light. There are some spots that look kind of like dirty crystals along the edge of the dish. I scraped up the majority of it and it's a very fine powder, not sticky at all. I'm guessing that this is probably heavy in super fine plant material? I only strained it for the large chunks, not through a coffee filter.

I didn't weigh it, but it is a very large pile. I'm trying to think of ways to clean this up, as I feel ingesting the excess plant matter would cause more nausea then normal. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
20160721_181857.jpg (4,349kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
20160721_181948.jpg (4,623kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
1469155877154495206067.jpg (3,795kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 7/22/2016 11:09:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No one has any suggestions?

I was thinking earlier and thought of dissolving it in high proof alcohol, and filtering whatever doesn't dissolve through a coffee filter. Then evaporate the alcohol. This should clean it up and give me more of a resin yes?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 7/23/2016 2:39:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Well it never happen'd to me, but I'd taste it.

If its extremely bitter I'd imagine a dry extract would be cleaner than a wet one. With resin I usually get anywhere up t 50% the original weight.

It's pretty unusual this though.

Gone-and-Back
#4 Posted : 7/23/2016 2:53:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I really think it's heavy in super fine plant matter. I just tasted it and there is a very slight bitter hint to it but it mostly tastes like plant matter.

I think whenever I go to use it I'll dissolve it in some hot water and filter out the fine plant matter. Then either drink the liquid or evaporate and consume what is left.