We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Albino san Pedro? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 7/21/2016 11:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'm nearly wholly ignorant of all things San Pedro, and thought I'd share this, I have no idea if it's unique or normal.

A friend and I were gifted last winter with about 40lbs of sp cuttings, which were kept in a black plastic lined cardboard box for several months while the two of us got caught up with life enough to prepare it. In opening the box, my friend found this growing from the bottom of one of the cuttings. Some also showed growth that was also colorless from the dark condition.

Can this little nub be used as a cultivation cutting? What are the implications of the lack of color as far as growth, etc. It looks to be monstrose, if I'm correct in using that term.

If nothing else, it's pretty funky!
null24 attached the following image(s):
20160711_231616-1.jpg (2,129kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
20160711_231730-1.jpg (3,143kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 7/21/2016 11:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Should be fine as long as it is plump and firm - not squishy. Gradually move it into heavily shaded natural light so it can adjust properly instead of just throwing it into direct sunlight where it will most likely die from shock.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

null24
#3 Posted : 7/22/2016 3:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Thumbs up
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

BecometheOther
#4 Posted : 7/22/2016 7:59:45 PM

metamorhpasizer

i believe the color and shape of the pup to be a result of lack of light. Once returned to light, it will green up.

That would be pretty cool though!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

jamie
#5 Posted : 7/23/2016 2:10:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yup lack of light.

Nice collection of trichs, BTW.
Long live the unwoke.

null24
#6 Posted : 7/23/2016 4:31:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, or they thank you. Big grin My buddy has taken six of the best looking tips to propagate, including the "albino", we're planning to spread the gift around to folks who can give them good homes.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

jamie
#7 Posted : 7/23/2016 4:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

also, you are correct on the ID of the monstrose Smile I cant tell ya if its a pach, peruv, or bridge monstrose however. Monstrose bridge is very potent..at least mine is on par with peyote...so grow that monstrose out Smile They make great indoor cacti to grow alongside lophs.
Long live the unwoke.

DansMaTete
#8 Posted : 7/23/2016 5:21:19 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Are you sure it's a monstrose ? Cause iirc, all those cutting are the same batch from a PC (i could be totaly wrong about this). IMO, it's just a form due of lack of light.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

null24
#9 Posted : 7/23/2016 7:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
Are you sure it's a monstrose ? Cause iirc, all those cutting are the same batch from a PC (i could be totaly wrong about this). IMO, it's just a form due of lack of light.

Not one bit. I only used that word because I've seen it before. Rolling eyes. It has the strange lumpy sort of patterns I've seen in pictures online of what were labeled as such. Talking outside my pay grade.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 7/23/2016 11:00:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you're going to use a clever word, try 'etiolated' Very happy Wink

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, monstrose or not. It looks like a form of growth the cactus would use if buried, to push its way through whatever debris was covering it.

When subjected to extreme conditions, cacti can assume unusual forms. I have a four-sided bridgesii which resulted from low light levels, or at least that's what I think. The previous owner told me, "It's had magic done on it." I'm inclined to think it was a form of magic based largely on neglect.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli