We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Never lost hope Options

DansMaTete
#1 Posted : 7/19/2016 7:43:46 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Just to show how tricocereus are tough.

I already had seedling starting to rot, so i had to cut them and most of those (even less than 2cm) recovered and are now growing. But this time this little buddy has been badly chewed (clawed?) by a crab just after been put in ground. I thought it was too much for a such small baby but anyway i left it in the "recovering hospital" (= dry,shadded spot) and, oh surprise, after few weeks :

Another exemple is the top of a seedling used as stock for grafting yote. This time i used rooting hormone but i don't know if it had an effet cause i can't compare. And despite its small size, after few weeks you can see a root bud showing through the waxy skin :

And because i'm proud (my first try), here is a grafted peyote :

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 7/19/2016 10:59:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congrats! Sometimes grafts do not take the first try. Leave room enough in case they do not, cut and retry again.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Nathaniel
#3 Posted : 7/20/2016 1:59:54 AM

Nathaniel

Thanks for sharing! These plants are so amazing. Keep on growing! Thumbs up
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...