We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
On Being a Godparent and Open Heart Surgery Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 7/14/2016 4:37:14 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

So this is a bit difficult to write but I know the Nexus to be a great resource for insight and wisdom, so here it is:

I am the godparent to my nephew (not technically my nephew but it is my Gf's sister's little guy ...)...Nonetheless, Landon is his name, and he has always been a sort of miracle baby. He was born extremely premature to a mother who was told she couldn't have children, with little hope of living through it.

Needless to say, he pulled through. He was on a breathing apparatus and in intensive care for the better part of 6 months and still receives breathing treatment on a regular "home based" regimen. I recently found out that he needs open heart surgery in order to continue on living a normal life. If I have understood my GF correctly, he needs a stent placed in his heart (or in the arteries near it...idk, I'm not a medical professional).

Landon just turned two, so the thought of open heart surgery is daunting at best. My GF is taking this news extremely hard as she and Landon are very close and the very thought of losing him brings her to tears. This has also caused issues between us because as I try to encourage her to be strong, she shuts down and/or leaves the room. She won't talk it through with me whatsoever. This breaks my heart...all of it...

It has caused some dissonance and I can understand why to some extent. We have never had trust issues before but it seems to me like she doesn't trust herself (or me) to get through it. I'm just at a loss of how to console her properly and to help her prepare for the worst (or best) scenario...the surgery is at the end of July. Landon's mom has made arrangements for some of the best surgeons in our area to perform the task but the inherent risk is unsettling at best...

I don't know what I'm even looking for here...all I know is that this is a very stressful time and I want the best for all parties involved...

Any and all thoughts are welcome...and thanks for listening.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jin
#2 Posted : 7/14/2016 10:55:29 AM

yes

this may seem counter-intutive

however this is the time to let go of all worries and pain

behave as is nothing wrong can ever happen , be confident everything will work out great ,

at crucial times like this if a person gives into pain , things can go wrong .....
but if a person lets go and behaves cool and confident , the result will be great

this is the time for faith , belief and trust ....... in the great intelligence of the universe , that which makes galaxies spin , that which makes the stars shine and that which is the all

its extremely important for everyone around this baby to create as much positivity as possible , that means no tears and sadness should ever prevail

let this be a celebration rather than mourning

because if this is made into a celebration , that is what it will be

so .... don't even look the other way
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

cubeananda
#3 Posted : 7/15/2016 1:58:45 AM

jai

My humble prayers for your nephew TGO

All the love in the world to you, your nephew and yours <3

TGO
#4 Posted : 7/26/2016 8:39:24 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Thank you for your thoughts and advice, it is truly appreciated. And to all of those who talked with me in chat about a week and a half ago (you know who you are) I can't express enough gratitude. It has been tough leading up until now but having people to talk it out with is always a blessing.

The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 7:45am. I was able to spend a little time with Landon yesterday before they (my GF, Landon's Mom, their dad and grandma, and of course, Landon) took the 3 hour drive to where the procedure will be performed. He was a grumpy goose but it was late and he was tired. It doesn't help that his mom and dad are in the middle of separating and constantly fighting around him too.

But all we can do now is wait. He is a strong little dude, I'm sure he'll be fine.

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/27/2016 6:16:47 PM

Welcoming committee

I just received word that he is out of surgery and in the recovery room! The doctor said it couldn't have gone any smoother! What a relief!!!

I've been pacing around the house, cleaning and whatnot, trying to keep my mind busy. I can finally sit down and relax a bit...

Smile

Jin
#6 Posted : 7/27/2016 9:46:18 PM

yes

yesssssssssssssssssssssss

really good to hear this Smile
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth