We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Documentaries Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 7/13/2016 11:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexians,

As i am always looking for good documentaries and i figure i am not the only one, let us have a thread to share some recommendations.

here are some of my favorites:

Drugs:

DMT: Spirit molecule
given the subject it seems to be the perfect first for this thread
this is the docu based on Dr. Rick Strassman's book "DMT: Spirit Molecule"
and the whole thing is on youtube

the nexte 2 are most likely the best Cannabis docus i have seen so far and are done by the same team

The Union - The Business Behiend Getting High

The Culture High

Sciense:

Here are a couple of docus by Brian Cox, i really enjoy him as narrator.
i am just in the process of watching them but so far i think his are the best physics documentaries i have seen yet.
some of them are on youtube but if you have the chance watch them in HD, the pictures are really amazing.

Wonders of the Solar System

this is a short part of the first one of the 5 episodes with 60 min each.

Brian Coxs Wonders Of The Universe

Human Universe
here is a trailer from this one

Wonders of Life
especially the first of these 4 episodes one i can really recommend to everybody who is at least interested in how life works from a physical point of view

Other:

An Honest Liar

Deceptive Practice The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay
i love stage magic, this docu is about one of the best and how he learned his skills

Satoyama - Japans_Secret_Watergarden
something very different, this one is about a japanese fisher, the village and the waters where they live.
it is about the ecosystem they live

Jiro Dreams of Sushi
if you like sushi you should watch this one...

A Matter of Taste - Serving Up Paul Liebrandt

The History of Nintendo

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/30/2023 6:37:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This one moved me to tears. How free, loose and happy these people are is quite confronting, they smile and dance their lives in beautiful colors. They teach by example.

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 1/30/2023 7:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Jagube
#4 Posted : 2/12/2023 5:45:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cypherpunks

A four-part series about the cypherpunk movement of the 1990s, that in 2008 ended up in creating Bitcoin.
This upload (with Es subs) contains all 4 parts.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/MXEFfgxiGhsS

Toshido
#5 Posted : 2/13/2023 4:00:14 PM

Research & Development

Queen of Trees (2005) - This is hands down my favorite nature documentary. But you HAVE TO WATCH the HD version as this youtube video is 480p and will not do it justice. I believe you can purchase on iTunes and it's well worth it. Might be on the PB too.

It's about the African Fig Tree, the fig wasps that keep the trees alive, and the many organisms that have a symbiotic relationship with it.

It has the most incredible macro videography I've ever seen even to this day, it's mind boggling how they got some of those shots. They place cameras on the inside of figs that captures the insane life cycle of the fig wasp from birth to death. Mind you these fig wasps are smaller than gnats. It's incredibly underrated, and IMDB gave it a 9.5.

For All Mankind (1989) - This is my favorite space documentary, as Brian Eno did the soundtrack so it's even more thought provoking. It covers in great detail all of the Apollo missions and has rare footage of time spent on the moon. It will make you feel really damn small.

🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 4/4/2023 11:05:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Technically an interview (Rick Straussmam and Graham Hancock)

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Loveall
#7 Posted : 4/5/2023 2:43:28 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 4/5/2023 10:09:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Long Gone Wild" focuses on the plight of captive orcas, picking up where the acclaimed documentary Blackfish left off while telling a uniquely new and different story...

https://watch.unchainedt...om/videos/long-gone-wild

Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#9 Posted : 4/6/2023 8:31:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a doc on the artist Banksy that I recently came across.
DocoBANKSY
https://www.youtube.com/...=GFRMCls36sY&t=1129s

Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

hug454
#10 Posted : 5/6/2023 1:54:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

An interesting documentaary on the British royal family and their history. Worth a look....

Mitakuye Oyasin
#11 Posted : 5/7/2023 11:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. Orca (Skana) are my spirit animal. Seaworld = Satan. Pure evil disguised as education and entertainment. Most SW parks are located right next to the ocean, yet none have wild dolphin or whale watch trips, all part of their grand illusion so the visitors never question why intelligent majestic wild animals are kept as slaves in concrete boxes. May their days be numbered.

There is a cool illustrated book about a Native boy who meets a pod of Orca called "Storm Boy."

— Terence McKenna

Mitakuye Oyasin
#12 Posted : 5/7/2023 11:44:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That "Frankie Boyles Farewell to the Monarchy" is hilarious. Was nice to see so many NOT MY KING banners this weekend. If Lemmy (Motörhead) were still alive he would have updated the below song with "king" Charlie. Let's hope the Monarchy's days are numbered as well.

Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02D2T3wGCYg

Motörhead – God Save The Queen (Official Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1wdUkeuvE
— Terence McKenna

hug454
#13 Posted : 5/9/2023 7:36:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Was nice to see so many NOT MY KING banners this weekend. If Lemmy (Motörhead) were still alive he would have updated the below song with "king" Charlie. Let's hope the Monarchy's days are numbered as well.

Compared to the queens jubilee in 77, the popularity of the Royal family has definitely waned. A lot of it is due to growing the inequality in the UK. I think the relevance of great britain and the royal family in our current world are following similar downward arcs. The pro royals will argue that they bring in a lot more money from tourism than they use.
There will always be a special place in my heart for Motorhead..

dragonrider
#14 Posted : 5/9/2023 7:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
hug454 wrote:
Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Was nice to see so many NOT MY KING banners this weekend. If Lemmy (Motörhead) were still alive he would have updated the below song with "king" Charlie. Let's hope the Monarchy's days are numbered as well.

Compared to the queens jubilee in 77, the popularity of the Royal family has definitely waned. A lot of it is due to growing the inequality in the UK. I think the relevance of great britain and the royal family in our current world are following similar downward arcs. The pro royals will argue that they bring in a lot more money from tourism than they use.
There will always be a special place in my heart for Motorhead..

Indeed. I think the Queen was the last in the line of monarchs who had a genuine (if imaginary, if you see what I mean) meaning to many of the population. She lived and breathed the role, even if she was manipulating government policy behind the scenes to the benefit of the landed gentry.
All of her descendents have been in the public eye throughout her reign, showing that they are just another bunch of self-absorbed, pointless individuals, many with some distinctly unpleasant character traits, who seem more like a bizarre soap opera that costs the nation £Millions to watch than anything else.
John Cleese was spot on when he said the coronation seemed more like a Monty Python sketch. Charlie was King already, and this was just so much pageantry masturbation.
Queen Camilla? Do wot mate? His ex-mistress who he was cheating with when married to the Queen of Hearts (barf), who was simultaneously cheating on her husband is now the fucking Queen?
Keep the head of state role if you must, (just imagine who the 'Great British Public' would vote in as the president of the republic. Boris Johnson, probably, or some other complete twat), but the rest of them can feck off and pay their own way, as far as I'm concerned. At the very least, they should be required to disclose their assets and worth, like that would ever happen.

Have you seen south parks "world wide privacy tour" episode?
worldwide privacy tour

hug454
#15 Posted : 5/9/2023 8:54:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:

Queen Camilla? Do wot mate? His ex-mistress who he was cheating with when married to the Queen of Hearts (barf), who was simultaneously cheating on her husband is now the fucking Queen?

I don't really have a problem with them having affairs, that kind of thing happens when you marry the wrong person. It's human. I actually prefer Charles to the others. He had a go at Boris about the Rwanda policy and apparently wanted to make reparations for slavery in the past, but i suppose he'll have to keep his beak out, now he's king.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#16 Posted : 5/9/2023 10:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The South Park "world wide privacy tour" episode was epic and spot on as they usually are. Highly worth a watch even if one is not a regular South Park viewer.

I too will also have a special place in my heart for Lemmy and Motörhead. Aside from being a legendary and pioneering rock band, Lemmy was a funny and very intelligent man. You could literally talk to him about anything. He lived just off the Sunset Strip and I'd often hang out and chat him up over drinks at a favorite Rock & Roll watering hole on the Strip. The man knew everyone in the rock business. He was a roadie for Jimi Hendrix in his youth - Just imagine those stories! He was also one of the most down to Earth and genuine humans you'd ever meet. And he always lived his life HIS way and rocked out until the end. What a life. Hope someone does a factual Biopic movie of his life some day soon. It was a F'ing epic life!
— Terence McKenna

dragonrider
#17 Posted : 5/10/2023 11:21:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The british monarchy did us all a huge favor though.
Because without it we may have never heard of the sex pistols.

But although that is ofcourse quite significant, i'm not sure if it outweighs the costs if part of those costs is having to deal with impunity for a childmolester with a uniform fetish who apparently has had it so easy in life that he believes he is incapable of sweating.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#18 Posted : 5/11/2023 6:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While not a documentary, the FX limited series "Pistol" was a fun watch. It was about the birth of the Sex Pistols and the various people involved. It was taken from the source materials of Steve Jones (Jonesy) from the book he wrote about the formation of the Sex Pistols and his life in rock & roll. Fun series, great music. I never realized how much Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) was at the middle of the Sex Pistols formation. Well worth watching.
— Terence McKenna

hug454
#19 Posted : 5/11/2023 7:31:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
The british monarchy did us all a huge favor though.
Because without it we may have never heard of the sex pistols.

I think Bill Grundy had more of a contribution to the Pistols getting (in)famous, that and the fact that they were a pretty shit hot rock band.

OrangeEnergy wrote:
He was shagging Camilla before he got married. Diana knew this, and Charles refused to stop even after they tied the knot.

Again i am not fussed about their personal interactions with each other. Personal relationships are always more complex than what they seem to onlookers. Now Andrew on the other hand....

I watched the Pistol series, i started out thinking it was a bit cheesy but i got into it. Glen Matlock was disappointed with it and i understand why. Lydon slagged it but i wouldn't expect anything else from him.
The Pistols were good but from that time and place The Damned were (and still are) my favourites.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#20 Posted : 5/13/2023 10:18:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Bill Grundy interview is amazing. Nice how they wove it into the Pistol series.

For anyone interested to learn more about Motörhead and/or Lemmy, I highly suggest finding and watching the 2010 Documentary, "LEMMY: 49% Motherf*cker 51% Son of a Bitch". It does a really good job showing who and what this man was and his enormous influence on rock & roll and heavy metal.

A few fun factoids about Lemmy and Motörhead that are not covered in any documentary that I know of is that the Muppets character "Animal" was based off of Motörhead's original drummer Philthy Phil "the Animal" Taylor. The Henson company will often tell the media that this character was based off of Keith Moon, but there is little to no resemblance in look or drumming style to Moon, who died inn the 1980's can never confirm or refute the claim. Lemmy knew the truth though, as do many Motörhead and rock & roll fans.

Also the Derek Smalls character played by Harry Shearer in "This Is Spinal Tap" Mockumentary was modeled after Lemmy. Shearer wore the signature Lemmy mutton chops beard throughout the film. Lemmy had custom Marshall Amplifiers made in the mid 1970's to his specifications. The Marshall Superbass Amp that Lemmy used was named MURDER ONE and the other Marshall Amps were named KILLER and NO REMORSE. All these custom Marshall Amps had volume knobs that went to 11, because 11 is more than 10. Another 'joke' that Rob Reiner lifted from Lemmy and Motörhead and put into his film.

— Terence McKenna

12NEXT