We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris Brachystachys Test Report Options

rild
#1 Posted : 7/9/2016 6:00:47 PM

rild

I have gathered a few phalaris strains in my quest for a spicy garden. This test is of the Phalaris Brachystachys of French origin. (I also have Polish origin which I have rejected and 'other' origin which in a very early test showed no gramine. The next test on the 'other' origin has been delayed because my local bunny population passes on six other phalaris types and eats only the 'other' origin (which is now fenced).

The grass was harvested on July 4 in the north of the U.S. at three hours after sunrise. It had not been watered for four cool days but was not as dry as it should have been. Seeds that were just starting to form were removed. The top 60 percent of the plant was harvested and immediately frozen, then blended with one percent acetic acid. After four hours of soak, it was strained and reduced at 100 degrees F. with a fan. Then 5 percent lye added, an hour in the refrigerator, DCM to pull interesting things, and finally the GC.

DMT: This is a good grass. The first of the two DMT spikes is DMT, the second is DMT n-oxide. I think DCM should leave some n-oxide in the water so the potency is not clear. A Zinc tek is in order.

Gramine: The first big spike is gramine. Wish someone would tell me what level is dangerous. A tek that removes gramine is required!

Other: There is a big spike to the right that I have seen in other plants. Do not know what it is. A wash removes it. Further on in the trace (not shown) is bufotenine and 5 MeO. Both are there but at very low levels.

Hope to attach a GC image here.

rild attached the following image(s):
A-295.PNG (8kb) downloaded 252 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 7/9/2016 7:56:27 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your research.

It appears DCM gives a fairly full spectrum of alkaloids from the material. According to the information here, one can achieve a fairly reasonable separation of gramine by using naphtha or cold/room temp limonine.

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

avalon11
#3 Posted : 7/20/2019 3:56:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great since I do grow p. brachytachys but gramine is also present at similar amounts? How percent of these alkaloids are in plant matter? You test just whole aerial parts or leaves also? What were growth conditions, did you fertilize with pure nitrogen?