We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom Tea Shelf Life Options

ducdevil
#1 Posted : 7/7/2016 11:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello all!

i searched high and low for an answer to this but cannot find anything so i'm gonna ask you all...

has anyone had any experience preparing mushroom tea and keeping it for a short period of time before drinking it?

i am not talking about a long time; perhaps a day. for example, could the tea be prepared during the evening before the day it would be consumed, then kept air-tight in the fridge? would there be any significant degradation?

i guess i'm looking for someone who might have done this rather than speculation. my speculation is it would be just fine overnight in the fridge but i have not tried this yet.

thanks in advance for your insight and knowledge!

cheers!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

arcologist
#2 Posted : 7/7/2016 11:50:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had one time where I prepared 10g of tea on a friday night, decided it was too late to start, stored in the fridge, then took it on saturday afternoon with minimal effects. I think the psilocin is very quickly oxidized, etc. That's the blue color, which is thought to be a degradation product of psilocin.

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 7/8/2016 1:26:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have made tea and let it sit for about 4 hours before drinking it while we all drove to our destination for the day. It was in a water bottle and not kept in the cold or away from light. It never turned blue, and it was just as effective as that dosage should of been.

I also add quite a lot of lemon juice extract to my teas. I have been told that the super acidic conditions help stabilize the actives. I don't know if this is true, but I do know that I stopped having my teas turn blue after I started making them super acidic.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 7/8/2016 10:07:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

24 hours hasn't been a problem for me. In fact, it was the most potent tea i've ever had.
That is mushrooms blended with lemon juice.

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 7/8/2016 3:46:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
24 hours hasn't been a problem for me. In fact, it was the most potent tea i've ever had.

I think the added acidity really does help preserve it.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

fathomlessness
#6 Posted : 1/18/2017 3:33:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
obliguhl wrote:

I think the added acidity really does help preserve it.

Acidity usually helps break down molecules. Like in the DMT extraction... a PH of under 2 starts degrading DMT quite rapidly.

Felnik
#7 Posted : 1/18/2017 4:08:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A day to a couple of days in the fridge is fine . It will definitely do the job
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 1/18/2017 7:49:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Longer and you should stick it in the freezer instead. Then it will keep for about a year at -20°C.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

astralspice
#9 Posted : 1/21/2017 6:16:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've actually kept a 5 gram tea for a year frozen in a mason jar, split it with 2 others around a fire and had a lot of laughs
REALITY 5.0

syberdelic
#10 Posted : 1/21/2017 7:28:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have kept tea good for months in the fridge. Longest was probably around 6 months with no noticeable degradation. A small amount of lemon juice or vinegar will help preserve it. Just don't add any kind of sweetener until right before consumption. It may or may not degrade the psilocybin, but will at the very least make it taste like ass.
If you can put it in the freezer, this is of course far superior. Just don't thaw in the microwave. Use warm water or just air thaw.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 1/21/2017 9:54:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

We were most tickled by the degree to which we got utterly spanked by year old frozen mushroom tea. It was ovoids though...

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli