We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cats as spirutual helpers Options

dmtsavedme
#1 Posted : 6/30/2016 6:40:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It has always been said witches would have black cats.. I find it interesting that egyptians, and witches had some sort of mystical reverence for cats. I have the feeling that cats can be your spiritual guides they are very mysterious creatures. Has anyone had any direct experience with cats maybe even during a ceremony giving you some sort of insight or protection or anything mystical?
Wandering through wonderland

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Koornut
#2 Posted : 6/30/2016 6:59:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a show on Netflix about sleep paralysis called 'nightmare' and there's a story in which a couple have a shared experience.
Essentially one of them is having a paralysis experience where a looming humanoid shadow with glowing, red eyes is speaking something to them - while the other person lying right next to the first has a paralysis experience at the same time where they see their cat is sitting on the others chest with glowing red eyes and vocalising an unknown language to the first person.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Valmar
#3 Posted : 6/30/2016 8:29:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does that include big cats? In my last few ceremonies, I've had a tiger spirit stalk around, and in my most recent ceremony, it became one of my spirit guides, and has been helping me in various ways. It very much certainly feels a bit surreal at times...
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Intezam
#4 Posted : 6/30/2016 9:59:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

..according to we, this hunger for (stalking and leaping) powers could be a major (control freak) fault, unless being a witch or brujero (a hunter) or some power-dude is what one wants to be. But there is better then that (...we think).

Valmar
#5 Posted : 6/30/2016 10:35:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:

..according to we, this hunger for (stalking and leaping) powers could be a major (control freak) fault, unless being a witch or brujero (a hunter) or some power-dude is what one wants to be. But there is better then that (...we think).

Does one necessarily have to hunger for power to have a feline spirit helper? I don't think so. Also, a witch is not the same as a brujero, in my personal opinion.

In my case, my spirits guides have told me that I am not yet wise enough to use magickal powers. I don't consider myself ready, either, physical, mentally or spiritually.

Magickal power and hunger for it, is also not necessarily a negative thing. The hunger, the intent, is not necessarily begetting of negative results. That said, willpower and desire can certainly outstrip wisdom... and one may cause negative results by mistake.
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Intezam
#6 Posted : 6/30/2016 10:54:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the OP said: "spirutual helper" not helper, and the two are not the same by our definition.

Valmar
#7 Posted : 6/30/2016 11:06:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
Well, the OP said: "spirutual helper" not helper, and the two are not the same by our definition.

I see no difference between them... how do you believe they differ?
~ Lǎozǐ

~ Carl Jung

Intezam
#8 Posted : 6/30/2016 12:04:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's just based on an internal hunch (we don't know what spirutual means really)

How do you think brujeria and witchcraft are different?

Valmar
#9 Posted : 6/30/2016 12:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:

It's just based on an internal hunch (we don't know what spirutual means really)

We all have different opinions on what exactly the word means. But it doesn't take much to understand how the OP seems to be using the word. It's not exactly a word game...

Intezam wrote:

How do you think brujeria and witchcraft are different?

"Witchcraft", I personally associate with Wicca, and with herbalism, not the definition the Vatican created for its political purposes.

Read here for more etymological history of the word "witch":
http://etymonline.com/in...h&allowed_in_frame=0
~ Lǎozǐ

~ Carl Jung

null24
#10 Posted : 6/30/2016 1:22:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Valmar wrote:

"Witchcraft", I personally associate with Wicca, and with herbalism, not the definition the Vatican created for its political purposes.

Thumbs up or anything the Vatican says really! (personally, I'm not much of one for wicca, I consider it a modern mish-mash of root work, charlatanry and mythology. That's just me though...)

As for cats (pishkas-kitties), oh my lord op, yes. I've shared life with a few pishkas, and some are more so than others, but the really magical ones can heal and are very adept at astral travel.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Intezam
#11 Posted : 6/30/2016 1:56:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We are not from vatican either....Smile

If we had the choice (we did ...we think) to choose the path of the Fugara or the path of the Fuqara (note the similarity of these words) we did (and will) choose the wayfaring Fuqara. But if we had no choice, we'd be either one of the two...

So this is a matter of personal choice (if there is chance of choice).

smoothmonkey
#12 Posted : 7/1/2016 4:33:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coincidentally, I was going to post something similar Smile

I have been visited by cats in every single DMT trip I have had to date. I believe cats to be cosmic creatures and their unbridled mysterious nature often intrigues me. I have seen them most often in a sort of egyptian style, very sophisticated and have a hierarchical appearance. They are often funny, waving their butts in my direction and purring and playing in the hyperspace temple. Most recently, I had a blast-off experience where I was witnessing five different layers before me simultaneously, and whatever one I focused on the most was what appeared the most clearly; a cosmic feline weaved his way in and out, through and between these layers. They prefer to be called "felines", rather Pleased

My last experience with hyperspace it was as if I became a cosmic cat, seeing through his eyes, and I was running and leaping with the others through a multidimensional temple.

The felines are cool, collected, highly intelligent, evolved creatures and I often question their connection to our physical companions.

Thanks for your post Smile

-SM
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

smoothmonkey
#13 Posted : 7/1/2016 4:36:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Valmar wrote:
Does that include big cats? In my last few ceremonies, I've had a tiger spirit stalk around, and in my most recent ceremony, it became one of my spirit guides, and has been helping me in various ways. It very much certainly feels a bit surreal at times...

I've heard of people in ritual coming into contact with the Jaguar spirit during ceremony and some tribes prayed to it if I'm not mistaken... I can't recall exactly what it represents to them though Embarrased
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Intezam
#14 Posted : 7/1/2016 10:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We was just thinking, cats, big or small, roaring or purring, if we look at how they acquire their sustenance, they are really messengers of the Lord of Death. A healthy doggg, deer, monkey, man....they/we/them/us will signal the alertness to the cat. Man will signal: look, see how alert we are? We bring the (hollow hand with) water to the mouth (and look left and right) -- not the mouth/face in the water (and bottom up)...

All the animals have their own way of signalling their alertness (mindfulness). And if they don't, the messengers understand it as: Come... take we, eat we....

While one could extend this to most predators, cats have a certain beauty and elegance. Leopards are called 'beautiple death' in some parts of Zimbabwe. The way they move about = alertness and mindfulness (combined into elegance)

Perhaps it's not just stalking and leaping power (claw/teeth digging power) A small pussycat is not the all powerful kinnnnnnggg of the jungle (that is man), yet it does the same as the larger cats (on a smaller scale.... messengers to mice, rabbits unawares).

Those that keep them as pets cannot manifest the alertness and mindfulness, due to the cuteness and familiarity...(..they need a different messengers now)

And one can observe, that in many places where they have eradicated the messengers, the inhabitants lack a certain alertness and mindfulness. They/we/them/us walk the world like clumsy oversized babies with a mark that says: Eat we!

Could that be the real reason they/we/them/us want to eradicate everything???