We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro tea vs Dried raw San Pedro Options

BioBoostedSpirit
#1 Posted : 6/28/2016 12:00:15 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Greetings everybody!!Love

So, i was experimenting with the San Pedro cactus lately, and i noticed some little effects differences between two methods of consumption.
First i tried to make a tea, and it was successful. The cactus was boiled (30g dry powder) two times, with total boiling time (low boiling) around 6 hours. Also i added some lemon juice in it.
Effects were Thumbs upVery happy ..

Lately a was wondering of trying the San Pedro uncooked.. So i took the same amount (30g dry powder), mixed it with some water and drank it really fast.
Things i noticed:
Stomach discomfort were more noticable. With tea i purgedSick after two hours but with raw cactus it came a little faster.
Visual distortions were one step further. Actually all effects were one step stronger, and it lasted a couple of hours more.

What are your experiences guys? Do you believe there is some other alkaloids in San Pedro that can be destroyed in cooking process?

Im just wandering herePleasedLove

Best regards

Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/28/2016 12:33:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
Greetings everybody!!Love

So, i was experimenting with the San Pedro cactus lately, and i noticed some little effects differences between two methods of consumption.
First i tried to make a tea, and it was successful. The cactus was boiled (30g dry powder) two times, with total boiling time (low boiling) around 6 hours. Also i added some lemon juice in it.
Effects were Thumbs upVery happy ..

Lately a was wondering of trying the San Pedro uncooked.. So i took the same amount (30g dry powder), mixed it with some water and drank it really fast.
Things i noticed:
Stomach discomfort were more noticable. With tea i purgedSick after two hours but with raw cactus it came a little faster.
Visual distortions were one step further. Actually all effects were one step stronger, and it lasted a couple of hours more.

What are your experiences guys? Do you believe there is some other alkaloids in San Pedro that can be destroyed in cooking process?

Im just wandering herePleasedLove

Best regards

Mescaline wont be destroyed by cooking, and im unaware of other active cactus alkaloids that would.

I think more likely making a tea is simply less effective in extracting the alkaloids, because an extraction cant be 100%. I'd bet if you did 3x boils instead of two, and maybe used a pressure cooker and/or freeze thawed the cact, the tea would be of a more comparable strenght to the whole powder.

Would be interesting if you also extracted some of the powder to compare Very happy

Either way thanks for sharing Smile

Jees
#3 Posted : 6/28/2016 10:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello cactus friend.
If I read you right then in both cases you purged. A better comparison between ROA's would be when no purge in both cases.

BioBoostedSpirit
#4 Posted : 6/29/2016 9:02:08 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Hey endlessness!!
It would be nice if i could perform an extraction, but those solvents are not available in place a live. All i can get is some light naphtha for dmt extraction, glad i have this one Very happy

Jees wrote:
Hello cactus friend.
If I read you right then in both cases you purged. A better comparison between ROA's would be when no purge in both cases.

Well, for me there is no problem with the purge at all. I think purge is good and it makes you feel good.
Also in traditional Native-American or Shaman ceremonies nausea adds an important part and is considered cleansing. My beliefs are very spiritual, and in my case i taking certain psycedelics to clean myself and do some other work.
I even dont mind eating lot of food, like biscuits , chocolates, tonns of watermelon, apples during the experience and then throwing it up.Smile
Sorry bud but my comparison is stricktly about effects, not about purge.Love

Best regards

NOTE: Did you folks ever tried to listen to classic music while on mescaline? Well, it makes wonders, i have no words, give it a tryThumbs up Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
Seneca

Jees
#5 Posted : 6/29/2016 9:12:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
...Sorry bud but my comparison is stricktly about effects, not about purge...
But what I wanted to say is about the effects. When you purge you purge actives out, so in both cases you have netto result administered yourself with different doses. Only in the case of no-purge you had twice same dose and only then a comparison is fair. The chance that you lost same amount of actives in both time purge is near impossible.

I would never suggest to no-purge for any other reason that dose comparing, I now all about purge healing properties Wink

BioBoostedSpirit
#6 Posted : 6/29/2016 9:15:12 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Jees wrote:
BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
...Sorry bud but my comparison is stricktly about effects, not about purge...
But what I wanted to say is about the effects. When you purge you purge actives out, so in both cases you have netto result administered yourself with different doses. Only in the case of no-purge you had twice same dose and only then a comparison is fair. The chance that you lost same amount of actives in both time purge is near impossible.

I would never suggest to no-purge for any other reason that dose comparing, I now all about purge healing properties Wink

I purged no cactus.. there was nothing, in both cases Smile
Seneca

Jees
#7 Posted : 6/29/2016 9:24:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
...I purged no cactus.. there was nothing, in both cases Smile
^^^ difficult to conclude from
BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
...With tea i purgedSick after two hours but with raw cactus it came a little faster...

but if you say so, okay.
I would not be able to lose no cactus I suppose Wut?

BioBoostedSpirit
#8 Posted : 6/29/2016 9:29:18 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Jees wrote:
BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
...I purged no cactus.. there was nothing, in both cases Smile
^^^ difficult to conclude from
BioBoostedSpirit wrote:
...With tea i purgedSick after two hours but with raw cactus it came a little faster...

but if you say so, okay.
I would not be able to lose no cactus I suppose Wut?

Thumbs up
Seneca

#9 Posted : 6/29/2016 10:36:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Back before I got into tea or mescaline hcl, id taken powder mixed in dilute coffee. Didn't taste too horrible ime, only thing that wasn't too nice was the mega stomach upset with eating the whole powder. Intense cramping.

Anymore I prefer hcl or some form of extract. Tea occasionally, but extracts take the cake for me.