We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Good Day Everybody! Options

Gila
#1 Posted : 6/26/2016 3:32:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I hope this finds you all doing well.

As a new member to DMT Nexus, I wanted to introduce my self.

My journey began a few years ago. I was approaching middle age, dealing with obesity and some serious health issues associated with my weight and diet and I was in constant pain from a back injury. Additionally, I was dealing with some negative experiences from my time as an emergency and flight nurse in addition to a couple of bad experiences in Afghanistan. Basically, I was in a very miserable headspace. In addition, I was in graduate school, studying pharmacology with a focus on toxicology. I remember spending a few weeks on psychedelics and "hallucinogenics" in general and was astonished to find that these agents (with a few exceptions) which I had always been told were deadly and addictive were not particularly toxic or habit forming. Additionally, I became aware of studies that actually demonstrated potential medical benefit (MDMA and psilocybin being two specific examples).

While the focus of my studies was not on psychedelics, I was fascinated and ended up doing additional research. This eventually led me to my first psychedelic experience a couple of years ago. Through a series of events, I found myself in a peyote ceremony. I still have vivid memories of that experience. I remember having feelings of transcendence as I merged into the surrounding mountains and starry night sky, I remember feeling love for the entire universe and I remember the sickness and purging as I was forced to re-examine my thoughts and feelings as they related to experiences I had been through.

This first experience was literally a "self destruct" button. My mind was literally "blown." As I began to decompress and put things back together in the following weeks, I found several pieces no longer fit and I threw them away. I also found an affinity and love of nature and being in the out of doors. I ended up buying a mountain bike and learned how to ride off road. This eventually lead me to begin racing and as of this year, I have completed two endurance races and have at least one more planned this season. The physical changes were astonishing. While I still have some lingering back pain, I have accepted it and simply moved on and no longer allow it to rule my life.

Aside from the physical advantages, I began to experience a marked shift in how I viewed the world. There was a lot more nuance and uncertainty and strongly held beliefs began to crumble to give way to a more open and loving position on life. My wife commented that she had never seen me so at ease following that first experience and she has been very supportive as I move foreword.

Since then, I have had a few more peyote experiences and my first DMT experience about a week ago. I hope to learn more about this world and how to safely and effectively negotiate the psychedelic experience in a way that is supportive and uplifting.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/27/2016 12:40:47 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hello and welcome to the Nexus!

I've always thought of psychedelics as being great catalysts for change. For me, they have always been a sort of "reset button" which allows me to view the world in a brand new, almost childlike manner (or childlike wonder and awe, to be more precise). Almost as if I'm allowed access to things I'm normally blind too. It is truly beautiful. Your story is inspiring, thank you for sharing your introduction with us. I hope you find what you are seeking and that you enjoy your time spent here at the Nexus!

Have a good one!

-The Grateful One-
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Gila
#3 Posted : 6/27/2016 6:13:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the warm welcome!