We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Does anyone have an irresistible urge to tell people about their experiences? Options

RUAware
#1 Posted : 6/24/2016 10:39:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To anyone who read the original thread, i was high when i wrote it... i think that explains it...

The thread title pretty much speaks for itself, but i'll explain it a bit. Whenever i have an experience, whether its from psychedelics or just a life experience. It's hard to not tell people. Its not hard as in i end up telling people, its easy to not tell them. But its hard on me mentally when i hold back on things.

For me there are two potential negatives when you tell someone about an experience.

#1: in a way it seems like the experience you had, whatever it was, whether it was an amazing realization or just the fact that you tripped, it almost taints your experience when you tell someone. Kind of like making it impure. Its a sort of selfish way of thinking, to not tell people things because you want your thoughts to yourself.

#2: this is the obvious one about taking psychedelics. Telling people about the psychedelic experience. After experiencing it, i just wished everyone on the world could take it, and i wanted to go to my friends and family and tell them to take it. It's something no one can experience without psychedelics. I think many people can relate to this feeling.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ufostrahlen
#2 Posted : 6/24/2016 10:59:28 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

It's okay, ppl are social animals. We want to share, because we want a feedback and be part of a social group.

I like your avatar.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

jiva
#3 Posted : 6/24/2016 11:21:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do feel the same,
as Ufostrahlen wrote, we are social animals, we share experiences. it is part of our culture and it is part of our evolutionary process.
we as a species could only become what we are today because we share knowledge.
so it think this is a natural thing to do or to want.

also for me this is not just linked to substances, it is also about good books, movies, music and of course the latest cat video.

#4 Posted : 6/24/2016 11:45:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Yes, especially in the beginning. Now silence is golden.

As cliche as this might sound, anymore for me personally - living my day to day life around others and letting others perceive me is my 'telling others about my experience'.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 6/24/2016 1:29:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When I talk to people, I'm not interested in the raise you got at your job, or how your best friend is cheating on his wife, or how you don't get along with your co-workers, and so on, it drives me crazy, and aside from being fairly superficial, it's boring.

I would rather hear philosophy, insights, novel ideas, psychedelic experiance anecdotes, organic chemistry, and so on...

basically if you have something you are passionate about, and want to speak about it, than I support you, because honestly I don't want to hear about the drama and vicissitudes of modern life, I don't want to hear you back-bite the people you dislike, but if you have something to say, I mean really have something to say, i'll listen.

(I share my ideas with anyone, I don't care if your a stranger at a bus stop or my mom, I'm always speaking about what I research...

Unless I'm listing...

... honestly most people don't have anything to say, but I still try to give them the mutual respect of listening to their nonsense whether I like it or not.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 6/24/2016 4:49:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Your brain absorbs and stores everything you expose it to, if your constantly exposed to unintelligent things, and your brain is constantly storing these unintelligent things, your going to end up with a head full of garbage, in essence you will become an unintelligent person.

You can replace "unintelligent" with many other words and the above statement would still hold true.

Which is why I really have no interest in gossip, or back-biting, or unnecessary negative conversation, or what ever "drama" may be going on in a person's life...

It's bad mental hygiene to expose yourself to these things .

You can't completely cut yourself off from these things, but you can limit your intake of them, and keep exposure to a minimum.

I still give most people their time to speak, but I don't want to hear a bunch of negative or destructive conversation, I don't want to be bummed out or become just as miserable, angry or negative as the speaker is, so I limit these types of conversations, or just walk away from them. I have no need for those putting out negative vibrations.

On the other hand, if somebody is passionate about something, or can teach me something, or has novel ideas or theories, or novel experiences to share, or if a person has clearly put a good deal of thought into any topic, I will be inclined to listen, these are the people you want to be talking with, you can hear gossip, back-biting, and out-lines of daily life from any person, it's the people who really have something to say that are often worth taking with.

So I say keep sharing, at very least you will have something interesting to say, I would rather listen to you share than I would all the things outlined above, and what's outlined above is what you generally encounter, we need more people with something to say.

-eg

null24
#7 Posted : 6/24/2016 6:58:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tattvamasi wrote:

As cliche as this might sound, anymore for me personally - living my day to day life around others and letting others perceive me is my 'telling others about my experience'.

Good seeing you, T, haven't been around much lately?

But yup, what he said.

Your avatar is swell.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Cognitive Heart
#8 Posted : 6/24/2016 8:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think directly perceiving any kind of psychedelic-awe-like experience gives one clearer motivation and inspiration to communicate these moments of clarity, and to share it with others alike. This is important if not necessary in some situations but not without careful consideration or reflection. The people you share with are apart of your integration. Communicating these experiences effectively is usually where we fall short, however. Always remember that it is your experience and everything will unfold as you are.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

RUAware
#9 Posted : 6/24/2016 8:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading these replies. I figured it out. I'm talking to the wrong people in person.

funguy314
#10 Posted : 6/24/2016 10:12:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ruaware
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Very seldom do I come across somebody that's really interesting to talk to. It's always the same small talk. Nothing of any merit. But I guess I give into that easy conversation. Maybe if stepped out of my comfort zone and brought up things I thought were interesting, instead of taking about the weather and shit, interesting people would be easier to find. To the op, I feel that sharing your experiences is very important. It helps me integrate and maybe even understand what happened a little better by putting it into words. If all else fails and no one wants to hear your hippy ramblings, then I write the experience down in a journal. That's the next best thing in my opinion.

#11 Posted : 6/25/2016 1:15:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

funguy314 wrote:
Ruaware
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Very seldom do I come across somebody that's really interesting to talk to. It's always the same small talk. Nothing of any merit. But I guess I give into that easy conversation. Maybe if stepped out of my comfort zone and brought up things I thought were interesting, instead of taking about the weather and shit, interesting people would be easier to find. To the op, I feel that sharing your experiences is very important. It helps me integrate and maybe even understand what happened a little better by putting it into words. If all else fails and no one wants to hear your hippy ramblings, then I write the experience down in a journal. That's the next best thing in my opinion.

Yeah, writing it is great. Thumbs up

Jees
#12 Posted : 6/25/2016 11:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:

Complete the same here, the telling has evolved from words to way-to-be, people cant oppose, adverse, dodge what you are emanating and they seem to like it very much, they actually want to be with you to take up more of that vibe and they cannot put a finger on it Big grin . Be the experience Thumbs up

The rare time I do talk about it is against people I know of doing the same stuff. Or when I notice one person who is, in my feeling, ready to be introduced, but that only happened once with good result. Gave him for free.

tseuq
#13 Posted : 6/25/2016 11:52:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my first breakthrough experience, the message was provided so clear to me. That there is nothing to "tell" from the experience itself, it is so personal and subjetive. It is for everyone self to find/be the mystery.

Tattvamasi wrote:
..living my day to day life around others and letting others perceive me is my 'telling others about my experience'.

Really powerful Tat, namaste.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

strtman
#14 Posted : 6/25/2016 12:47:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to talk to people about my experiences. The only person I completely trust is not interested, unfortunately. Although I have ensnared him to baby sit for me soon when I am going to take a real large dose Smile .

All the others cannot keep their mouths shut. And some definitely should not get to know about me smoking DMT. There is one thing I keep in mind, something I once heard someone saying 'three can keep a secret if two are dead'. It is not easy and always possible to act accordingly but I try to do my best.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

jamie
#15 Posted : 6/25/2016 4:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Not with DMT, no...because DMT does not seem to really be all that profound aside from the 5 minutes of time people are effected by it for(when smoked). The majority of people who I have smoked DMT with have not said it was really something that changed them or that they learned from. I am not sure why this is. They all say it was really powerful and some of them freak out but usually within a few days I talk to them about it and they claim LSD etc has had a deeper impact overall.

LSD, psilocybin, mescaline and oral DMT seem to have a more lasting profundity for most people it seems.

I actually like to not talk about DMT to people because all this stuff about dreams and dying and the pineal gland etc end up being blurted out. It's the most hyped up psychedelic and in part, I don't feel it deserves it any more than LSD, mescaline or psilocybin.

I enjoy talking more about mushrooms and LSD.

How I personally feel about my own use of DMT vapor might be different. My own experience is not usually mirrored by the experiences of others however.
Long live the unwoke.

DmnStr8
#16 Posted : 6/25/2016 11:09:43 PM

Come what may

I don't know anyone personally that explores psychedelics like I do. I have found most people have many misperceptions about psychedelics in general. It is a world that can be scary and unknown for people. I would think that these altered states of consciousness would be all too much for most. Why do I take it a level further? Why do I pursue this path?

I have always been on the outside looking in. Just my nature I guess. I was always reserved in what I had to say and who I said it to. I live in my own world in many ways. I am reluctant to talk to just about anyone about my psychedelic use. People like to draw their own conclusions about things. If I do find someone who I know will be receptive to the psychedelic conversation, then I let loose. I enjoy talking about it. I want to share. It feels like I am going to explode with excitement when the topic comes up. So I do have the urge to talk about it.

The reason I want to talk about it is because these psychedelics journeys have profoundly shaped my life and who I am and how I think. My perceptions are not like most. Explaining these perceptions and psychedelic experiences to someone is like explaining a dream. The more you talk about it the less it makes sense to the listener. McKenna said something like 'The enlightened remain silent because they know they will not be misunderstood'. That make a lot of sense to me. These perceptions and experience cannot be explained, they must be experienced by the individual.

It is not really being tactful or careful, which is always a good thing to keep in mind, but more about being understood. Enable for any communication to remain unhampered you must be speaking the same language and on the same level. There is a certain language that we psychonauts use. We know what the other is talking about. We don't have to point out what drug we were on when talking about elves and jesters. It is common knowledge which altered state we were in. That is why I like the Nexus. There is a language here. I like to think of this language we speak as an evolution of language. The words we use have power. These altered states are creating language of power that will be heard eventually. I see it taking hold slowly. The words that we create have no where else to go but up and out. Becoming part of the whole.

Many of us remain silent. Why? We don't want to incriminate or draw attention to ourselves. We don't want to be looked at like a looney or drug addict. Nor do we want to explain ourselves. I am sure there are many other reasons as well. Thinking about the whys it would seem that they are almost all fear based. Part of me wants to challenge the fear and do and say what I want. To live and speak my truth unhindered. I think many psychonauts could relate to this. We just want to tell people what we have experienced. To share. To teach even. To guide. To help. But we remain silent and fearful. I think a time will some when our language pervades into many cultures around the world.

The world is changing because we are changing as a species. Out perceptions are becoming more clear. More and more people are beginning to see that we are all connected. Respect given to every peaceful human no matter how odd their life experience has been. We are all teachers and we are all students. We are here to learn and share what we learned with others. Spreading our stories and experiences so that they will not be forgotten. We will be the ancestors someday. What language will they hear from us? What words of power can we create in this world for them to reflect upon?

We create this world. Yet the most enlightened of us remain silent. What kind of world could we create if the enlightened could be understood. I guess the evolution of language continues. I hope one day that we can all express ourselves openly about our psychedelic experiences. The message and language that we use is peaceful and loving and connected. I feel that is the language that we need. That is a language that can be understood and felt. That is the evolution of language.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

#17 Posted : 6/26/2016 12:19:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

DmnStr8 wrote:
I don't know anyone personally that explores psychedelics like I do. I have found most people have many misperceptions about psychedelics in general. It is a world that can be scary and unknown for people. I would think that these altered states of consciousness would be all too much for most. Why do I take it a level further? Why do I pursue this path?

I have always been on the outside looking in. Just my nature I guess. I was always reserved in what I had to say and who I said it to. I live in my own world in many ways. I am reluctant to talk to just about anyone about my psychedelic use. People like to draw their own conclusions about things. If I do find someone who I know will be receptive to the psychedelic conversation, then I let loose. I enjoy talking about it. I want to share. It feels like I am going to explode with excitement when the topic comes up. So I do have the urge to talk about it.

The reason I want to talk about it is because these psychedelics journeys have profoundly shaped my life and who I am and how I think. My perceptions are not like most. Explaining these perceptions and psychedelic experiences to someone is like explaining a dream. The more you talk about it the less it makes sense to the listener. McKenna said something like 'The enlightened remain silent because they know they will not be misunderstood'. That make a lot of sense to me. These perceptions and experience cannot be explained, they must be experienced by the individual.

It is not really being tactful or careful, which is always a good thing to keep in mind, but more about being understood. Enable for any communication to remain unhampered you must be speaking the same language and on the same level. There is a certain language that we psychonauts use. We know what the other is talking about. We don't have to point out what drug we were on when talking about elves and jesters. It is common knowledge which altered state we were in. That is why I like the Nexus. There is a language here. I like to think of this language we speak as an evolution of language. The words we use have power. These altered states are creating language of power that will be heard eventually. I see it taking hold slowly. The words that we create have no where else to go but up and out. Becoming part of the whole.

Many of us remain silent. Why? We don't want to incriminate or draw attention to ourselves. We don't want to be looked at like a looney or drug addict. Nor do we want to explain ourselves. I am sure there are many other reasons as well. Thinking about the whys it would seem that they are almost all fear based. Part of me wants to challenge the fear and do and say what I want. To live and speak my truth unhindered. I think many psychonauts could relate to this. We just want to tell people what we have experienced. To share. To teach even. To guide. To help. But we remain silent and fearful. I think a time will some when our language pervades into many cultures around the world.

The world is changing because we are changing as a species. Out perceptions are becoming more clear. More and more people are beginning to see that we are all connected. Respect given to every peaceful human no matter how odd their life experience has been. We are all teachers and we are all students. We are here to learn and share what we learned with others. Spreading our stories and experiences so that they will not be forgotten. We will be the ancestors someday. What language will they hear from us? What words of power can we create in this world for them to reflect upon?

We create this world. Yet the most enlightened of us remain silent. What kind of world could we create if the enlightened could be understood. I guess the evolution of language continues. I hope one day that we can all express ourselves openly about our psychedelic experiences. The message and language that we use is peaceful and loving and connected. I feel that is the language that we need. That is a language that can be understood and felt. That is the evolution of language.

Enjoyed this post. Smile

fluhdoobel
#18 Posted : 6/26/2016 3:40:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get that feeling too. Personally I feel that everyone should have these experiences, so I want people to live vicariously through me and I tell them stories. It's an amazing thing and needs to be shared, and I think your brain instinctively knows that. It's like if you were walking in the woods one day and you saw a flying unicorn farting out pixie dust and rainbows. Wouldn't you be compelled to tell people about that?

Jees
#19 Posted : 6/26/2016 7:21:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It took a while for me to accept fully that there are a lot of people for which it is really impossible to understand you, also people very close to you. It is already difficult enough to understand yourself for that matter.

Then other ways of communication, like the expression of your soul value by means of be-havior (as said here before) do a far better job by illustrating the net-result of your practices, and if you fail in this last part then you have been telling yourself stories about your use. Nothing wrong with that as it all could be part of the path but then humility suits better than wanting to "educate" or "inform" people. There preferably are some fruits first before wanting to share them. Better be an example than telling people you are an example Pleased

Wait until they privately ask how you are as you are and then still be careful who's asking.
Don't hold back if you want to scream from top of the barricades, for some people it fits their destiny but know whats coming, you can dodge just so many bricks before being hit.

If all was truly legal, it would not change my strategy very much as the bottleneck lies more in relational properties than risks imho.

tseuq
#20 Posted : 6/26/2016 10:48:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
Many of us remain silent. Why? We don't want to incriminate or draw attention to ourselves. We don't want to be looked at like a looney or drug addict. Nor do we want to explain ourselves. I am sure there are many other reasons as well. Thinking about the whys it would seem that they are almost all fear based.

To me the experience appears to be impossible to put in words, I can not even tell it so myself, then how should I tell others about it. It is more like a "feeling", a silent certainty which gets maintained and enhanced. Like Tat said, I can only "tell" others how these experiences influenced me by living my day to day life.

Like in Zen, words are the finger to point on something but the finger is the finger and never "that thing".

fluhdoobel wrote:
It's like if you were walking in the woods one day and you saw a flying unicorn farting out pixie dust and rainbows. Wouldn't you be compelled to tell people about that?

Yes, these are the kind of stories which are spread all over, but to me, they miss an important aspect of the psychedelic experience. Take a decent dose of a tryptamine like 5-MeO-DMT, N,N-DMT, psilocin or LSD and I guarantee that on the peak you don't even think of a blue elefant, trumpeting the "radetzky marsch" while riding on a pink teepot through your mothers wardrobe.

DmnStr8 wrote:
We create this world. Yet the most enlightened of us remain silent. What kind of world could we create if the enlightened could be understood.

Someone can tell you about freedom, but if you never experienced it yourself, you will only interpret noise.

DmnStr8 wrote:
I guess the evolution of language continues. I hope one day that we can all express ourselves openly about our psychedelic experiences. The message and language that we use is peaceful and loving and connected. I feel that is the language that we need. That is a language that can be understood and felt. That is the evolution of language.

It is happening already and isn't life the most mysterious experience itself? To me this "language" doesn't rely so much onto words, it is more how I express myself in this life. The love and light I am myself. To me, the "language of evolution" is about awareness, acceptance, tolerance, passion, humility,....

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

12NEXT