We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
I want to watch Richard Dawkins & Stephen Hawking breakthrough on DMT Options

swimwithlove
#1 Posted : 6/18/2016 6:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 6/18/2016 7:24:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm fairly sure Dawkins already dove into the experience himself(albeit with high skepticism) and reported his findings via online. He wrote about it and was completely floored and surprised! Laughing No matter how sure you are of everything in life, something will always appear or exist to alter that comforting thought.

And I don't think Hawking would be interested. At least from what I've read. It isn't for anyone to decide these matters, anyways. Once the topic has surfaced to those who are open to it can choose for themselves. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 6/19/2016 11:10:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dawkins is a well know atheist right? As is hawking?

Before DMT I was agnostic, leaning towards atheist, and now I'm a very spiritual person, DMT was a catalyst in this realization that a physical body is not a prerequisite for conscious existance, and the implications of this realization lead me to spirituality, plus during my first flash i experienced death, dismemberment, resurrection, and birth...

But DMT can't cure being a dick...

I respect hawking for his physics work, and he is really not a dick like dawkins, but their has to be a level of arrogance and naiveté involved with thinking that all there is to consciousness is here in this life which is restricted to a single physical body, a single world and a single time...

Organized religion is a scam, they are right on that point, and evolution is an obvious observation made of nature, I can't argue there...

...but there's no reason why you can't have science and spirituality, ( though organized religion has its own agenda and is a separate conversation)

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 6/19/2016 11:24:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
I'm fairly sure Dawkins already dove into the experience himself(albeit with high skepticism) and reported his findings via online. He wrote about it and was completely floored and surprised! Laughing No matter how sure you are of everything in life, something will always appear or exist to alter that comforting thought.

And I don't think Hawking would be interested. At least from what I've read. It isn't for anyone to decide these matters, anyways. Once the topic has surfaced to those who are open to it can choose for themselves. Smile

No way...are you serious?

maybe it can cure being a dick...

Hawkins seemed pretty arrogant and dead set on claiming non-physical conscious-being was a delusion of the unintelligent...

Maybe this could help explain personality changes (article below), this is in relation to long term psychedelic use, but DMT May be a "fast-track", like mckenna called it "noetic lightening"

(Is it strange if the dead's "steal your face" logo automatically makes me think of "noetic lightening"...it is a visual representation of that term...Though it was designed by owsley Stanley, and was probably a reference to white lightening LSD. )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25637267

Quote:
these data suggest that regular use of psychedelic drugs could potentially lead to structural changes in brain areas supporting attentional processes, self-referential thought, and internal mentation. These changes could underlie the previously reported personality changes in long-term users and highlight the involvement of the PCC [posterior cingulate cortex] in the effects of psychedelics.

Ok, I got a little distracted, and off topic, so.I'll stop here.

-eg

hug46
#5 Posted : 6/19/2016 12:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Cognitive Heart wrote:

Yes way. It's true.

http://wundergroundmusic...heism-after-smoking-dmt/

Quote:

I really do not think that it is dickish or arrogant if you are an atheist. It's just another opinion and no more naive than resolutely believing that there is some kind of enveloping field of consciousness, non corporeal awareness or god (or any such theory of that ilk). Especially if one has come to conclusions such as these after taking drugs...

Why do people (whether they are atheist or gung ho spiritualists) get so defensive when their belief systems are challenged? True faith should be impervious to a doubting Thomas shouldn't it?

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 6/19/2016 12:38:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
Cognitive Heart wrote:

Yes way. It's true.

Quote:

I really do not think that it is dickish or arrogant if you are an atheist. It's just another opinion and no more naive than resolutely believing that there is some kind of enveloping field of consciousness, non corporeal awareness or god (or any such theory of that ilk). Especially if one has come to conclusions such as these after taking drugs...

Why do people (whether they are atheist or gung ho spiritualists) get so defensive when their belief systems are challenged? True faith should be impervious to a doubting Thomas shouldn't it?

No, there is nothing wrong with being an atheist.

...But it's how you go about it, Dawkins had this arrogant "dick-ish" way of demeaning anybody who was not an atheist, as if only uneducated, ignorant, or delusional people believe in spirituality, he was very condescending and prideful when it came to the "correctness" of his beliefs.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 6/19/2016 1:01:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
Cognitive Heart wrote:

Yes way. It's true.

Quote:

Quote:
True faith should be impervious to a doubting Thomas shouldn't it?

as I said before
Quote:
Before DMT I was agnostic, leaning towards atheist, and now I'm a very spiritual person, DMT was a catalyst in this realization that a physical body is not a prerequisite for conscious existance, and the implications of this realization lead me to spirituality, plus during my first flash i experienced death, dismemberment, resurrection, and birth...
the DMT provided my evidence, it was my hand in Christ's wound.

I've never seen faith as being essential or even necessary for spiritual practice.

Quote:
my favorite story in the gospels, is the story of the apostel Thomas. Because you will recall that after the crucifixion - this is a good place to end, this is an alchemical story - after the crucifixion Christ appeared to the apostels in the upper room in Jerusalem, 40 days after, and Thomas was not there. I don't know where he was, somewhere, they sent him out for sandwiches or something. Anyway he came back, and they said "the master was with us" and he said "come oooon you guys," he said, "you been smoking too much red lab we brought in 3 weeks ago," and they said "no no the master was with us," and he said, "unless I put my hand into the wound, I will not believe it."
So then time passed, and then Christ came again to the apostels, and Thomas was among them on this second get go, and Christ walked in and kicked off his overshoes and looked around the room, and he said "Thomas, come forward, put your hand into the wound," which he did, which he did.
Now, people have different interpretations of this story, my interpretation of it ... is that alone among all human beings, in all of human history, only one person was ever so priviliged as to be allowed to touch the resurrected body, it was Thomas the Doubter, who was allowed to touch the resurrection body because he didn't believe.
-terence mckenna

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 6/19/2016 1:09:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

...who ever transcribed that mckenna lecture put "smoming too much red lab"

Mckenna was saying "red leb" it means "Red Lebanese hash"

Sorry, I know this comment probably was not worth the post, but those transcription errors drive me crazy, it appears most people actually have very little understanding of what thus guy was saying, a master at language yet such a poor communicator, I think most people would be mckenna fans if the actually understood him, when you say something and it's misunderstood, people will fill in the misunderstanding with their own assumptions, which effectively destroys genuine communication...

-eg

hug46
#9 Posted : 6/19/2016 1:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...But it's how you go about it, Dawkins had this arrogant "dick-ish" way of demeaning anybody who was not an atheist, as if only uneducated, ignorant, or delusional people believe in spirituality, he was very condescending and prideful when it came to the "correctness" of his beliefs.

-eg

Yeah a lot of my friends and people on the nexus who's opinions i respect have said the same thing. I have never really noticed his condescending attitude. I see in him a reactionary attitude against the injustices that have taken place in the name of one god or another, so for me his zealousness is understandable. I actually quite like the dude and he did start off by being a christian.....

richard wrote:
the main residual reason why I was religious was from being so impressed with the complexity of life and feeling that it had to have a designer, and I think it was when I realised that Darwinism was a far superior explanation that pulled the rug out from under the argument of design. And that left me with nothing.

No matter how arrogant he may appear to be in his views i think that there is a possibility that he maybe right in relation to intelligent design.

Quote:
I've never seen faith as being essential or even necessary for spiritual practice.

Ok then faith in one's beliefs.If one has true belief, words from people like Dawkins should be like water off of a ducks back.

Steven Hawking... He has made ground breaking thoerems on singularities, theoretical predictions about black holes, is working towards an understanding of the universe and is believed by many to be the greatest mind in physics since Einstein but the guy doesn't believe in God??? What an arrogant tosser!!!!

I am an agnostic fundamentalist and therefore believe that anyone who is either an atheist or a creationist or indeed anyone who claims to know anything in relation to these matters is a charlatan. Agnosticism is the only truth. I have true faith in my ignorance in such matters so i guess that make me as condescending as Richard Dawkins.

acacian
#10 Posted : 6/19/2016 2:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i wouldn't be so sure of that, entheogenic-gnosis - afterall dmt does hold a profound ability to show a person the unscathed truth of their actions and falsities. dawkins and hawkins may be locked into a particular world view at this current moment in time, but I've seen some seemingly 'closed minds' undergo deep healing and remarkable behavioral shifts after working with dmt.. you never know Smile dawkins, while incredibly arrogant, holds a fairly warrented prejudice against the major religions operating in the world today - and this has no doubt stemmed from his observation of deep injustices present in their doctrines/practices... an observation I would say is a product of an inherent capacity for compassion...

i'd like to think dawkins is a decent person at heart.. misguided, sure, but hopefully his work will be steered in the right direction one of these days as he's a pretty prominent voice on religious matters and if people saw a perceptual shift in him they may be inclined to embark on some rewarding philosophical inquiries

hug46
#11 Posted : 6/19/2016 3:08:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

i wouldn't be so sure of that, entheogenic-gnosis - afterall dmt does hold a profound ability to show a person the unscathed truth of their actions and falsities.

I agree with Acacian. I would also like to add that dickish-ness is subjective, has variable parameters in relation to the observer and therefore is quite possibly an illusory concept. Or maybe it is just dependant on the observer. The dick is in two different states. One state being that of a dick and one state of not being a dick untill observed by a third party. Like the schrodinger's cat of dickish-ness (speaking of which what kind of dick would put their cat in a box with a poisonous radio active source?)

In order for the transition from being a dick to being a more rounded individual to take place the subject has to understand that they are a dick in the first place. For some people this can be a bitter pill to swallow. But these kinds of people are, for the most part, major dicks.

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 6/19/2016 3:44:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:

-eg

Yeah a lot of my friends and people on the nexus who's opinions i respect have said the same thing. I have never really noticed his condescending attitude. I see in him a reactionary attitude against the injustices that have taken place in the name of one god or another, so for me his zealousness is understandable. I actually quite like the dude and he did start off by being a christian.....

richard wrote:
the main residual reason why I was religious was from being so impressed with the complexity of life and feeling that it had to have a designer, and I think it was when I realised that Darwinism was a far superior explanation that pulled the rug out from under the argument of design. And that left me with nothing.

No matter how arrogant he may appear to be in his views i think that there is a possibility that he maybe right in relation to intelligent design.

Quote:

Ok then faith in one's beliefs.If one has true belief, words from people like Dawkins should be like water off of a ducks back.

Steven Hawking... He has made ground breaking thoerems on singularities, theoretical predictions about black holes, is working towards an understanding of the universe and is believed by many to be the greatest mind in physics since Einstein but the guy doesn't believe in God??? What an arrogant tosser!!!!

I am an agnostic fundamentalist and therefore believe that anyone who is either an atheist or a creationist or indeed anyone who claims to know anything in relation to these matters is a charlatan. Agnosticism is the only truth. I have true faith in my ignorance in such matters so i guess that make me as condescending as Richard Dawkins.

Where did the "Richard" quote come from? Just out of curiosity.

richard wrote:

This quote (above), was it from this thread? It just confused me I could nit figure out where the where it came from or who said it.

Quote:

And he is right on that point, organized religion has done terrible things, organized religion promotes faith based anti-scientific principles in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary...when it comes to organized religion I'm sure I even come off as a dick, but honestly, I keep these opinions to myself unless engaged in a conversation such as this one, and I would never judge another for choosing to participate or believe in organized religion, like the Buddha said "1000 people, 1000 paths"

Quote:

I don't have faith, or beliefs.

Beliefs are held onto even in the face of evidence, beliefs are not meant to be changed, I have ideas, which can be changed at any point as new evidence is presented.

AI Said I had respect for Stephen hawking and his work, though I disagree with him on some levels regarding philosophy, not science.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 6/19/2016 3:46:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Was that a Richard Dawkins quote?

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#14 Posted : 6/19/2016 3:51:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

i wouldn't be so sure of that, entheogenic-gnosis - afterall dmt does hold a profound ability to show a person the unscathed truth of their actions and falsities. dawkins and hawkins may be locked into a particular world view at this current moment in time, but I've seen some seemingly 'closed minds' undergo deep healing and remarkable behavioral shifts after working with dmt.. you never know Smile dawkins, while incredibly arrogant, holds a fairly warrented prejudice against the major religions operating in the world today - and this has no doubt stemmed from his observation of deep injustices present in their doctrines/practices... an observation I would say is a product of an inherent capacity for compassion...

i'd like to think dawkins is a decent person at heart.. misguided, sure, but hopefully his work will be steered in the right direction one of these days as he's a pretty prominent voice on religious matters and if people saw a perceptual shift in him they may be inclined to embark on some rewarding philosophical inquiries

Yeah, I covered personality change in this post (a few posts back on this thread):

Quote:

Hawkins seemed pretty arrogant and dead set on claiming non-physical conscious-being was a delusion of the unintelligent...

Maybe this could help explain personality changes (article below), this is in relation to long term psychedelic use, but DMT May be a "fast-track", like mckenna called it "noetic lightening"

(Is it strange if the dead's "steal your face" logo automatically makes me think of "noetic lightening"...it is a visual representation of that term...Though it was designed by owsley Stanley, and was probably a reference to white lightening LSD. )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25637267

these data suggest that regular use of psychedelic drugs could potentially lead to structural changes in brain areas supporting attentional processes, self-referential thought, and internal mentation. These changes could underlie the previously reported personality changes in long-term users and highlight the involvement of the PCC [posterior cingulate cortex] in the effects of psychedelics.

-eg

hug46
#15 Posted : 6/19/2016 4:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-eg

Richard Dawkins. https://en.wikipedia.org...note-Darwin.27s_child-31

Quote:

Beliefs are held onto even in the face of evidence, beliefs are not meant to be changed, I have ideas, which can be changed at any point as new evidence is presented.

Everyone has beliefs and i do not think that beliefs are singularly held onto inspite of evidence. They can be moulded by evidence and changed depending on the rigidity of an individuals state of mind or they could exist independantly of evidence but we could be at odds over the semantics of what belief actually is.

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 6/19/2016 5:29:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:

-eg

Richard Dawkins. https://en.wikipedia.org...note-Darwin.27s_child-31

Quote:

Everyone has beliefs and i do not think that beliefs are singularly held onto inspite of evidence. They can be moulded by evidence and changed depending on the rigidity of an individuals state of mind or they could exist independantly of evidence but we could be at odds over the semantics of what belief actually is.

I guess it's a matter of perspective.

I'm still of the opinion that beliefs are meant to be "set in stone", they are held onto and defended, at least the psychology of belief is such, beliefs don't change easily...

While an idea can change at any point in time.

-eg

universecannon
#17 Posted : 6/19/2016 6:34:33 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

hug46 wrote:
Cognitive Heart wrote:

Yes way. It's true.

Quote:

Do you guys really think this article is legit? Very happy

“So last Friday Attenborough pops round with some of the stuff that he got off some Peruvian tribespeople,” continued Dawkins. “He always gets top gear does Attenborough and he had his crack pipe with him so we took a few hits each and fell straight into the trip.”

"Describing evolution as “bollocks” and burning his copy of The Origin Of Species Dawkins claims that the “machine elves” showed him a higher plane of existence, called him a supercilious cunt and told him to “stop being such a po-faced and certain dick-rocketeer"

“I can’t believe I’ve been so wrong all of these years,” raged an exasperated Dawkins while smashing his private collection of dinosaur bones. "

Laughing

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

hug46
#18 Posted : 6/19/2016 6:59:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

Do you guys really think this article is legit? Very happy

“So last Friday Attenborough pops round with some of the stuff that he got off some Peruvian tribespeople,” continued Dawkins. “He always gets top gear does Attenborough and he had his crack pipe with him so we took a few hits each and fell straight into the trip.”

"Describing evolution as “bollocks” and burning his copy of The Origin Of Species Dawkins claims that the “machine elves” showed him a higher plane of existence, called him a supercilious cunt and told him to “stop being such a po-faced and certain dick-rocketeer"

“I can’t believe I’ve been so wrong all of these years,” raged an exasperated Dawkins while smashing his private collection of dinosaur bones. "

Laughing

Harumph. Foiled again. Twisted Evil

Cognitive Heart
#19 Posted : 6/19/2016 9:14:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps my post above mislead the thread a bit, here. I didn't get a chance to read into the link above but it would seem that it's wrongly and jokingly put together. Maybe these videos can help share a glimpse and insight into the mind of Dawkins and his possible interest in psychedelic states.

From this.. Neutral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UwvaSLbIgc

to this.. Shocked Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFn-ixX9edg
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Koornut
#20 Posted : 6/19/2016 9:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to see what happens when you plug a materials scientist or a dynamicist into the psychedelic experience. Look where the double helix discovery came from.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

12NEXT