We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Avoid Bartoline Low Odor White Spirit Options

scaurus
#1 Posted : 5/30/2016 4:02:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First extraction using Bartoline White Spirit yielded very little dmt. I followed the tek to the letter and yet the freeze precipitation was slow... Crystals melted super fast and I could retrieve only 300-400mg from 100g of MHRB.

Maybe my freezer didn't work correctly, I checked the temperature with a laser thermometer : -30c.

Was it the bark?... Another extraction using the BLAB tek and got 2 grams out of the first three pulls using the same MHRB.

Then it hit me... it must be the white spirit. I went down to the grocery store and got a bunch of Zippo Premium Lighter Fuel...

Bingo... Next extraction was perfect!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 5/30/2016 7:02:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

White spirit (heavy naphtha) clings onto DMT more strongly than light naphtha.

I would not rule it out as a non-polar solvent, I have had good results with it in the past. I think your post title is slightly alarmist.

I have worked with white spirit, going completely the opposite route than is normally advised. Due to its low cost I tried adding excessive amounts in my pulls, after freezing it dropped out as easily as light naptha. Considering the talk about it not being a good solvent to work with, I was nicely surprised.

If you have issues dropping spice out of your solvent, another route to go is salting out the DMT with vinegar, rebasing and pulling using a less greedy solvent.
D × V × F > R