We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yumi's Hyperspace Curry tek Options

Yumi
#1 Posted : 5/30/2016 4:18:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well Big grin Here is Uncle Yumi's Very delicious, special Hyperspace chicken\beef curry, that he tells everyone about, With a step by step tutorial on how to make it,so you cant go wrong, I suggest getting the mise en place ready before doing anything, this way you can add everything as you go, And for those of you who don't know what mise en place means, this is french for " putting in place " Basically just getting all of your ingredients ready and prepared to go so we have no slip ups and can follow the recipe without any hesitation! But this dish is very simple to make.The aroma is also extremely intoxicating,and it is served with either basmati rice or steamed potatoes, lets begin shall we?

Before we start, You can use either chicken or beef, Chicken is preferred, But since I've got a nice beef roast already thawed out, Ill be using a beef roast for this tek. Big grin

First the ingredients you will need are as follows:

2 Tbsp olive oil, I preferably use avocado, Either is fine.
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 large red onion - Rough chopped
6 cloves garlic - rough chopped
1 Serrano Chile - Rough chopped
1 chicken breast, or steak, dried, Tendered cubed
2 tsp Tomato paste
1 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp Madras Curry powder
1 Cup of water
Veggie greens of your choice, In this tek I will be using fresh organic spinach, I recommend also using broccoli.

(Tbsp = Tablespoon tsp = Teaspoon)

First, prepare your onions, garlic, and Serrano Chile, just giving it all a rough chop, you don't need to mince as it will all be pureed.

Now that we have our onions garlic and Serrano prepared, we want to prep the meat, I'll be using this beef roast, Either chicken or beef is great with this dish.

We want to tenderize and dry the meat,then cube. we dry the meat because this helps flavor stick to it better. (and because the beef was so large I only used half )

Now that we have all of that ready, We want to heat the oil in a large skillet, on medium heat

You want to wait till you see just a little smoke rising from the oil, this is when you will know its ready to add the cumin seeds.

Let the cumin seeds roast for about a minute and a half in the oil, then add our onion, garlic, And Serrano chile.

Then we are going to stir in the 1 Tbsp of curry powder, Now you want to brown the vegies, and let the spice bloom, So I usually sautee for about 10 minutes before moving to the next step

Once you've given the veggies a nice brownning, You want to add them to a blender or food processor along with the tomatoe paste, Tumeric and water.

As they say, puree Away!

Now we want to add the finely pureeed mix back into our skillet, And set to a medium heat for now.

Begin adding in the meat, Let simmer, If your using beef, you'll want to cook it a little longer before adding the greens, as the beef can be very rough.

Next add the 1 Tbsp salt

Now once the meat has gotten some color and we're confident it is about ready, We can add our greens, If your using spinach, You usually just put a handful at a time, And let it slowly wilt in, It will wilt down very quick

Now it might be a little thin, so we might want to thicken it up, Turn the heat up a little high to help some of the liquid evaporate, but remember to keep stirring we don't want to burn.

Now when its ready, Serve on top of your rice or potatoes.

And Voila my fellow nexians! Very happy Yumi's exclusive hyperspace curry! Enjoy!
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

seagull
#2 Posted : 5/30/2016 8:39:34 PM

Hello world!

So all of this hyperspace food is space grown? OMNOMNOM!
Cant wait to try this!
Bookmarked
You&Iverse

Apoidea
#3 Posted : 5/30/2016 9:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yumi! Yummy!

Lizz
#4 Posted : 5/31/2016 3:38:17 AM

Reptilian humanoid

Lookin good. Ill have to try this recipe :3
And I'm lonesome when you're around
I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself.
And I miss you when you're around...

Yumi
#5 Posted : 5/31/2016 3:31:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you guys do try it, I promise you will be more then satisfied Smile
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

kerelsk
#6 Posted : 6/10/2016 12:32:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the inspiration, Yumi, I got really hungry for curry after reading this post and decided to try my hand at it.

I didn't follow your exact instructions, and felt out how to make my own, went something like this:
1. Put coconut oil in pan
2. Defrost and melt frozen tomatoes into the pan, tomatoes turn into a rich sauce in the heat of the pan
3. Dump in half a bottle of turmeric, salt, as well as half of the spices in the spice cabinet, going for a spicy/umami/sweet taste. A lot of black pepper was added to activate the anti-inflammatory qualities of the turmeric
4. Add in pre-chopped chicken thigh meat and allow to heat up
5. Add in chopped carrots, asparagus, oyster mushrooms, cauliflower
6. Mix in nutritional yeast
7. Add and wilt in wild Lamb's Quarters (Chenopodium album) that were getting too old in the fridge. They have a similar consistency to spinach
8. Heat till totally cooked

It was absolutely deeeelicious and filling. I was thinking about adding or serving on quinoa, but declined on that, though many people would do well to add that.
kerelsk attached the following image(s):
20160608_182304.jpg (2,620kb) downloaded 177 time(s).

#7 Posted : 6/10/2016 2:02:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I will be trying this. Thanks for this Smile

pau
#8 Posted : 6/11/2016 4:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

looks delicious!
WHOA!

TGO
#9 Posted : 6/11/2016 5:00:59 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Nom nom nom!

Looks good Yumi! I'll have to try this sometime!

Cool
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Jees
#10 Posted : 6/11/2016 9:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's quite simple actually, he has to cook for us, the only way to obtain full confirmation of successful coocerdery Razz

ijahdan
#11 Posted : 6/11/2016 11:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I often make curry, but it never comes out as good as what you get from an Indian restaurant. Your blending the sauce gets it closer to this. Thats probably what they do in the restaurants, and then just add meat, fish or veggies. Will try next time for sure. Got some fresh turmeric now too. Allegedly it has some MAOI action.

slewb
#12 Posted : 6/16/2016 1:39:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made this today with broccoli and chicken thighs, but I couldn't find madras curry powder so I just used generic plus mustard seed, cloves, cayenne, and black pepper. Also I used beer instead of water. Came out pretty good. Thanks for the recipe!

Yumi
#13 Posted : 6/16/2016 5:58:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
I made this today with broccoli and chicken thighs, but I couldn't find madras curry powder so I just used generic plus mustard seed, cloves, cayenne, and black pepper. Also I used beer instead of water. Came out pretty good. Thanks for the recipe!

That's the beauty of this dish, It is completely customizeable. And plain curry powder is fine, I just happen to use madras alot.
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

LightDancer
#14 Posted : 6/17/2016 2:19:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah no! I forgot to make this! Next pay Very happy
If there is no learning, there is no change.
If there is no change, there is no growth.
Without growth, we will only stagnate and decompose.

skoobysnax
#15 Posted : 1/16/2017 5:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Twisted Evil cant wait to try this. I may go for Tofu. Frozen first, thawed and then squeezed until most of tbe water comes out. It will soak in the sauce like a sponge I eat meat but adore the veggie options.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 1/18/2017 12:38:16 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Need. Curry. NOW!

Fried halloumi cheese is also great in a curry as a veggie option...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli