We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Separating Napatha an D-Limonene Options

awooga
#1 Posted : 5/28/2016 8:59:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a mash of mhrb with lime, limonine both mixed in. I have a fair bit.

My question is how - if I use lye on the mash - and pull with Napatha how I can make sure there's no d-limonine In the final product?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 8/9/2016 6:48:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I think we need a little clarification to understand how to better help you.

But let me see if this clears up some thoughts

1. D-limo and Naphtha are miscible. It would be very hard to actually separate them with out proper chem equipment, ie a column, centrifuge or something along those lines. Not very practical for a kitchen chemist.

2. Usually when working with D-limo, people will use an acid to "salt" the DMT from the limo. There are many teks about this, and i suggest searching the forum for back salting or FASA precipitation. Freebase DMT does not precipitate from D-limo in the freezer like it will in Naphtha.

3. Either precipitate DMT-fumarate via titration; or plan to backsalt to an aqueous mix and then base with a strong base to turn back into Freebase DMT, and then do new pulls with the NEW Naphtha. The freebase DMT can then be precipitated in the freezer, and will have minimal D-limo contamination. you should still get crystals even if there is a tad of Limo in there.

4. After that, you can do a series of cleaning to the product, involving filters and/or re-crystallization.
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 8/24/2016 2:06:20 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Naphatha and limo could separated by simple distillation (although not as easy the high boiling naptha fraction), not too complex equipment needed for that.

But your more concerned about extraction, if you use naptha it will pull the product and seperate, but it will have D-limo in the solvent as well. Your best bet is to do FASA precipitation, but you could try freeze precipitation, it may still work as long as the amount of d-limo dissolved is small. If not it won't crystallize and you'll have to do FASA, or dilute with more Naphta maybe.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 8/24/2016 2:53:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You won't be able to separate them with kitchen equipment and it won't freeze precip. Your best bet is to salt it out, at least you will have done a thorough defat. Then just base and pull with one solvent.

DreaMTripper
#5 Posted : 8/24/2016 2:53:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You won't be able to separate them with kitchen equipment and it won't freeze precip. Your best bet is to salt it out, at least you will have done a thorough defat. Then just base and pull with one solvent.