We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New review paper on DMT neuropharmacology Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 5/27/2016 4:10:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have assumed this would have been on here already somewhere but I had a scan and couldn't see it anywhere...apologies if I missed it! New review paper on DMT neuropharmacolOgy, fresh off the press. Paper is attached.

Carbonaro, T.M. & Gatch, M.B. (2016) Neuropharmacology of N,N-dimethyltryptamine. Brain Research Bulletin, In Press.

Abstract

N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is an indole alkaloid widely found in plants and animals. It is best knownfor producing brief and intense psychedelic effects when ingested. Increasing evidence suggests thatendogenous DMT plays important roles for a number of processes in the periphery and central ner-vous system, and may act as a neurotransmitter. This paper reviews the current literature of both therecreational use of DMT and its potential roles as an endogenous neurotransmitter. Pharmacokinetics,mechanisms of action in the periphery and central nervous system, clinical uses and adverse effects arealso reviewed. DMT appears to have limited neurotoxicity and other adverse effects except for intensecardiovascular effects when administered intravenously in large doses. Because of its role in nervoussystem signaling, DMT may be a useful experimental tool in exploring how the brain works, and mayalso be a useful clinical tool for treatment of anxiety and psychosis.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

digitalvygr
#2 Posted : 6/17/2016 9:21:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I would have assumed this would have been on here already somewhere but I had a scan and couldn't see it anywhere...apologies if I missed it! New review paper on DMT neuropharmacolOgy, fresh off the press. Paper is attached.

Carbonaro, M & Gatch, M.B. (2016) Neuropharmacology of N,N-dimethyltryptamine. Brain Research Bulletin, In Press.

Abstract

N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is an indole alkaloid widely found in plants and animals. It is best knownfor producing brief and intense psychedelic effects when ingested. Increasing evidence suggests thatendogenous DMT plays important roles for a number of processes in the periphery and central ner-vous system, and may act as a neurotransmitter. This paper reviews the current literature of both therecreational use of DMT and its potential roles as an endogenous neurotransmitter. Pharmacokinetics,mechanisms of action in the periphery and central nervous system, clinical uses and adverse effects arealso reviewed. DMT appears to have limited neurotoxicity and other adverse effects except for intensecardiovascular effects when administered intravenously in large doses. Because of its role in nervoussystem signaling, DMT may be a useful experimental tool in exploring how the brain works, and mayalso be a useful clinical tool for treatment of anxiety and psychosis.

Wow, lots of information in this one on things like biosynthesis, highest concentrations of INMT in human body (anterior horn of spinal cord), etc.

Thanks for sharing it Bancopuma! Thumbs up

pau
#3 Posted : 6/18/2016 6:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
WHOA!

Orbiting
#4 Posted : 6/18/2016 2:04:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found it interesting that the paper stated that pharma consisted of fb dmt and a maoi, without reference to the nexus or the fact that any salt preparation is preferable Crying or very sad haha