We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone interested in learning more about the pineal gland, read this paper Options

WannaBeShaman
#1 Posted : 5/22/2016 12:30:54 AM

What is?

http://www.securenet.net...tml/AndreaPaperNewFormat(2).pdf

This states about a new pineal secretion (10-methoxyharmalan) that is psychoactive and actually hallucinogenic that is not DMT.. JUST READ IT.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 5/22/2016 1:52:14 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Note: I reformatted the title of this thread to remove the caps and slightly edited the OP.

This is quite interesting. I'm not sure I agree with the author's hypothesis regarding autistic symptoms being the result of a malfunctioning pineal accidently creating hallucinogenic indoles, but it's nonetheless quite an interesting premise, and this paper is a goldmine of references on pineal research.

10-methoxyharmalan (6-methoxyharman) (1-methyl-6-methoxy-dihydro-beta-carboline) looks to be quite an intriguing chemical. A quick google turns up a few references supporting psychedelic activity at quite low doses. It is reported to be an orally active psychedelic at doses under 10 mg. It's reported as being more potent than harmaline, twice as active as 5-MEO-DMT, 6 times as active as bufotenine, and only slightly less active than LSD in rats. It's moar potent as an MAOI than both harmine and harmaline.

Here are a couple nexus threads discussing it as well.
10-methoxy-harmalan
Hallucinogenic Properties of a Pineal Metabolite, 6-Methoxytetrahydroharman

Since the formatting for the link in the OP got messed up, here is a valid link to it. I have also directly attached the pdf to this post for posterity.

Citation: (for easy searching)
Axt, Andrea. "Autism viewed as a consequence of pineal gland malfunction." Farmakoter. Psychiat. Neuro 8 (1996): 112-134.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Intezam
#3 Posted : 5/22/2016 12:32:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 5/22/2016 8:48:18 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Yes! It has been identified in both Virola cuspidata and Mucuna pruriens.

https://en.wikipedia.org...t_of_psychoactive_plants
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

WannaBeShaman
#5 Posted : 5/23/2016 12:20:09 AM

What is?

Haha oh ok i was just all caps in the thread title because i was like HOLY SHIT IVE NEVER READ ANYTING ABOUT THIS SHIT GOTTA TELL THE NEXUS!

But yeah seems you guys already know ^^

Yeah its supposed to be a serotonin antagonist but then why is hallucinogenic????

But i would have to support the hypothesis that a malfunction of the pineal gland plays atleast a role in autism/aspergers because im supposed to have aspergers and i have definitely got mad sleep problems like a lot of people with it, and also when i do concentrative meditation on my pineal gland (actually in the brain not the ajna chakra/yintang meridian) i actually fucking trip balls man, visual tripping, nothallucinations but really weird shit happens.

Also people with autism anywhere on the spectrum have been found to have very high levels of bufotenine in their blood plamsa.. so i wouldnt discredit the theory completely if i were you.

Also i feel euphoria on par with psychedelic experiences from certain stimuli..... music for example.. but also sight.. two thing people on the spectrum are known to be extremely sensitive to.

Brian
#6 Posted : 5/23/2016 7:03:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems the link in the original post no longer works or at least wont work for me. Can anyone confirm this http://www.securenet.net...ml/AndreaPaperNewFormat(2).pdf
that is the link I am refering to in case there is any confusion. hofully someone saved the info or has a similar link.

DansMaTete
#7 Posted : 5/23/2016 9:23:48 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Brian wrote:
It seems the link in the original post no longer works or at least wont work for me. Can anyone confirm this http://www.securenet.net...ml/AndreaPaperNewFormat(2).pdf
that is the link I am refering to in case there is any confusion. hofully someone saved the info or has a similar link.

Wink
dreamer042 wrote:
Since the formatting for the link in the OP got messed up, here is a valid link to it. I have also directly attached the pdf to this post for posterity.

Citation: (for easy searching)
Axt, Andrea. "Autism viewed as a consequence of pineal gland malfunction." Farmakoter. Psychiat. Neuro 8 (1996): 112-134.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

endlessness
#8 Posted : 5/23/2016 1:54:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
It's reported as being more potent than harmaline, twice as active as 5-MEO-DMT, 6 times as active as bufotenine, and only slightly less active than LSD in rats[/url]. It's moar potent as an MAOI than both harmine and harmaline.

Dreamaer, I may be missing something but isnt the book you linked talking about inhibition of aorta and intestinal muscle and not MAOs?

Also do you have access to this paper, I cant see anything about 5-meo-dmt or bufo in the abstract.. Also it talks about serotonin antagonism, I wonder on what receptor subtype because it might mean its less psychoactive?

In this book it seems to contradict itself first saying its less potent than harmaline and then saying its more active ?

Thistle Elf
#9 Posted : 5/23/2016 3:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Also do you have access to this paper, I cant see anything about 5-meo-dmt or bufo in the abstract.. Also it talks about serotonin antagonism, I wonder on what receptor subtype because it might mean its less psychoactive?

This paper still comes from the time they used serotonin antagonistic activity to quantify the 'psychomimetic' activity of LSD or other psychedelics.

They talk about 5-meo DMT and bufotenine but they got the data from another source. It is tested in a similar way.
Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

PsilocybeChild
#10 Posted : 5/23/2016 8:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe edit the title again as "New Info On Pineal" or New Endogenous Hallucinogen"

Cause from the main page all you can see is:
"Anyone interested in learning more about.."

Anyway thanks for sharing, will check it out.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Baktun14
#11 Posted : 5/23/2016 11:43:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WannaBeShaman wrote:

Also people with autism anywhere on the spectrum have been found to have very high levels of bufotenine in their blood plamsa.. so i wouldnt discredit the theory completely if i were you.

I was reading more up on bufotenine earlier, one study I came across made the same accusation, but about schizophrenia, I believe they were using urine samples, although some of the control did test positive for bufotenine. So on can't say for certain there is a direct cause of high endogenous bufotenine to "said" cause.

Information I'm interest in, but could find any speficially regarding: the time of day such samples were taken(who knows if for "typical" people there is some sort of circadian rhythm, as it plays its part in homeostasis?), sampling that included: blood plasma, urine, and cerebral spinal fluid, done simultaneously. There are some more areas of information gaps I have found, but haven't focused in too keenly on them due to the amount of free time I currently enjoy; for the most part just reading the nexus here Pleased

Great thing is that this a pretty open ended problem here at this point, which is sure to uncover more useful bits of info! Very happy