We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Is life worth living? Options

Studio1one
#41 Posted : 7/27/2016 8:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is for me. I have love in my life and that is enough.
Quote:

Darkness cannot banish darkness, only light can do that

Hate cannot banish hate, only love can do that.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#42 Posted : 7/27/2016 6:49:48 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

My 2 year old little nephew just got out of open heart surgery today and is currently recovering. He has been fighting for a chance at life ever since he was born prematurely. We do not ask for life, but is it not a gift?

Some would argue that it is more of something that you have to deal with rather than appreciate, which is true to some extent. My nephew is too young to understand what is happening but he has truly been clinging to life since day one (as mentioned above). He has the will to live, whether he knows it in some way or not and seeing the fight in that boy's eyes is moving, to say the least. So if we were able to pose the same question to him, I think his answer would be a resounding yes!

Pleased

He has given me new perspective on life today. I am grateful that he gets to continue experiencing life for what it is... good, bad, or ugly. Every moment is precious yet fragile, this I've known for some time. My life is far from the greatest, but it is absolutely worth living every second of it.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Frogman
#43 Posted : 8/13/2016 10:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Gonzukes,

To be 19 is to be young...VERY young.

I sometimes wonder what a caterpillar thinks, being a mere "worm". Eating nothing but leaves..how boring?Very happy
Not knowing it needs the leave material to sustain it during the pupae stage, not knowing it needs the material to grow beautiful, colourful wings that will enable it to soar and drink the sweetest nectar...

Simplicity is the key. Go outside and breathe in deeply. Look around you. What you will see, is the ultimate creation.

Yes, life is worth living.

BundleflowerPower
#44 Posted : 8/14/2016 9:13:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's all perspective really.

dragonrider
#45 Posted : 8/14/2016 10:43:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:

Yes, but i think the general human perspective is that life IS worth living...in that generally people have the will to live. I know i have. There is very little that i am so sure of, as my will to live.

I know i can't speak for anybody else, but most people i've met surely seemed to behave like they felt simmilarly. About living, that is.
Most people at least seem to want to live.

So i would say that, if you know the costs of keeping yourself alive in terms of effort and labour, and you're still willing to go through with it, it probably means that you find it worth at least thát much.

BundleflowerPower
#46 Posted : 8/15/2016 1:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

Yes, but i think the general human perspective is that life IS worth living...in that generally people have the will to live. I know i have. There is very little that i am so sure of, as my will to live.

I know i can't speak for anybody else, but most people i've met surely seemed to behave like they felt simmilarly. About living, that is.
Most people at least seem to want to live.

So i would say that, if you know the costs of keeping yourself alive in terms of effort and labour, and you're still willing to go through with it, it probably means that you find it worth at least thát much.

Well said, and I agree in a way. Yet most people also seem to have a healthy fear of death, so it seems we'd have to factor that in as well. Maybe people just want to live more than they want to die, because lots of people seem misrable as well, even though they go on living, but that keeps them from living even though they're they're alive. So I think it's like a conflict within people.

Psychelectric
#47 Posted : 8/18/2016 2:23:12 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Yes
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Psychelectric
#48 Posted : 8/18/2016 2:25:16 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Though that's in the perspective, as someone already said, you can live, or you can wait to die. Life is worth living, but if youre just grinding and waiting to die, you're not really living, you're just dying slowly.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

PREV123