We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Temperature and Humidity Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 5/17/2016 3:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Assuming they are relatively sufficient, how does one keep the temperature 70-ish degrees and the humidity 80-100% using the pre-made jar kits?

Or for that matter at all?

Thanks, Love and Light
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hixidom
#2 Posted : 5/20/2016 12:18:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If you're keeping it indoors, I don't think temp is an issue. I mean, I don't think the temp is very critical compared to humidity and CO2 levels. Plus or minus 5 degrees won't keep mushrooms from growing, though I only know what I've read online (from, no doubt, questionable sources). Maybe someone with more experience can check me on that statement.

For humidity, you can use the "perlite method" for low maintenance. Lately I've been transitioning to using an aquarium air pump as a bubbler (with the air stone in a cup of water). It avoids the messy perlite and it seems to work pretty well so far. I have holes drilled in a plastic tub, and the air flow created by the bubbler seems to keep the CO2 levels at bay too.

I don't know to what extent this applies to the kit you mentioned though.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

sauSage
#3 Posted : 5/24/2016 6:22:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DisEmboDied wrote:
Assuming they are relatively sufficient, how does one keep the temperature 70-ish degrees and the humidity 80-100% using the pre-made jar kits?

"pre-made jar kits"? are you talking about truffles or mushrooms?

most houses are in the high 60s to low 70s so temp really shouldn't be an issue. can't help with the humidity question unless we know what you're doing. Very happy
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle