We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Zippers Zipping While Salvia Tripping? Options

UgraKarma
#1 Posted : 5/17/2016 5:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious if any of the local salvianauts have theories towards why the sage experience lends itself to sensations of zipping, unzipping, or visualizations of zippers performing zipper actions?

It really resonates with me whenever I hear others indicate this specific of a trope (ala the DMT jesters threads), and it's alarming how frequent this phenomenon actually occurs in trip reports and anecdotal accounts of salvia.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

trncefigurate_aomn
#2 Posted : 5/17/2016 3:23:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/030439599190136L

It seems possible that there is a connection between the various zippering experiences and smoked administration due to the presence of kappa opioid receptors in the spine. I haven't yet read of this experience occurring after quidding.

The absorption in the lungs, including of often a large amount of active material, would bring salvinorin A to those receptors and relatively quickly.

This would cause the novel and functional activity at the spinal receptors, even sequentially? That might appear within peoples' perception as an unzipping.
With a diagram of the locations of kappa opioid receptors, and, blood supply and flow it might be clearer if that is the case that the now active blood would move incrementally through the spine. Surprised Smile

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 5/17/2016 5:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's definitely something to that, it being the smoked ROA that causes this zippering effect. I've never experienced it with quidding or other oral ROA.

Gonzukes
#4 Posted : 5/19/2016 11:07:28 AM

Diviner of Sound

Ah yes, those have different names, but I like to say something like "The Zippers of Space-Time" or something. Most people have experienced it as a sort of metaphor about the nature of time.

It has to do with a 5 dimensional timeline kind of thing. The zipped up part being the past, the zipper being the observer, and the unzipped part being the future.

The past is set in a straight line, and the observer lies in the zone where the past&future converge in a determinate moment for what happens. In the future lies probability, and what can happen.

Interestingly enough I've always thought of it as 3d = space, 4d= time, 5d= probability.. That is until I started writing this, and had this interesting thought:

But with the thing being Space-Time, perhaps there's also Time-Probability, being that Space & Time connect now and into the past, but Time-Probability connect now and into the future.

Thoughts?

T.Harper
#5 Posted : 5/20/2016 5:45:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia reveals the Trinity, and it can contrast and expand---
Ima just gonna drop some images below of some of this stuff:

T.Harper attached the following image(s):
set&setting.jpg (50kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
set&setting&signal.jpg (67kb) downloaded 219 time(s).
Waveform.jpg (181kb) downloaded 219 time(s).
salviaworld.jpg (99kb) downloaded 219 time(s).
tRIAD.jpg (56kb) downloaded 219 time(s).
tRIAD.jpg (56kb) downloaded 219 time(s).
tRIADdeeper.jpg (286kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
----------------> ------------------> O <--------------- <-----------------------

T.Harper
#6 Posted : 5/20/2016 5:56:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh and the zipper is the unfolding of set multisensory programing orientation fields: so triangle is like:

(imagine the green circle as the top of ones head--- the positioning changes as with focus of awareness)
intialtri.jpg (68kb) downloaded 217 time(s).
----------------> ------------------> O <--------------- <-----------------------

T.Harper
#7 Posted : 5/20/2016 5:58:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and the big boy
Unfoldment.jpg (241kb) downloaded 223 time(s).

UgraKarma
#8 Posted : 5/20/2016 7:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! I love the mapping involved in your attempts to render what's going on here. Like a more nuanced 8 circuits through a lens of hermetic constructivism.

I was also playing with the idea of sage operating in terms of a frequency, but because of its selective action, I think about the zipper as a presentation of both the other frequencies dimming and the salvia (KOR?) frequency only being amplified.

I like Peter Addy's suspicion that salvia's action resonates at the claustrum, which has inputs and outputs for most sensory action transpiring throughout the entire brain. Because we're amplifying this very specific bandwidth within the signal it becomes all the brain can hear, and the brain does these spectacular actions to fill in the gaps - and zipper phenomena is a distinct, reliable response as it tries to best plot out missing coordinates for things which are usually "just there" (tactile, temporal, mereological, etc...) stimuli which are presumably being drowned out by KOR agonism.

This mode of thinking also falls in line with why salvia can be considered pretty reliable in its action on the user.

This is all just speculating.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

T.Harper
#9 Posted : 5/20/2016 7:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
Because we're amplifying this very specific bandwidth within the signal it becomes all the brain can hear, and the brain does these spectacular actions to fill in the gaps - and zipper phenomena is a distinct, reliable response as it tries to best plot out missing coordinates for things which are usually "just there" (tactile, temporal, mereological, etc...) stimuli which are presumably being drowned out by KOR agonism.

unzipping ..the.... claustrum as a multisensory unification stabilzation area--- the zipping is the outward stimuli being weighed, balanced and reffered back upon the inward core imprinted program. when salvinorin a hits the KOR they receptor turns inward and breaks apart from the connective mesh, the pull is inward away from perception and more towards the percepts.

T.Harper
#10 Posted : 5/20/2016 7:49:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
Wow! I love the mapping involved in your attempts to render what's going on here. Like a more nuanced 8 circuits through a lens of hermetic constructivism.

thanks, the last larger developmental progression diagrams at the end im still tweaking them to get the flow right and how each extends out from the orginal 6 axis points... and working and more detail on how each salvia aspect relates to other salvia states, also trying to overlay these models ontop of the plant so there is a salvia world tree for easier diagnostics and divination and other people will know what the heck is swirling around in my brain.

BundleflowerPower
#11 Posted : 5/21/2016 2:18:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So this post made me laugh, wasn't aware that others experienced this zipping. When I smoke salvia, once it comes on, I feel like the world folds over me and starts to zip up. I can feel each liitle tooth like on a zipper. It's like I'm caught in the middle of the two sides. Then at the same time I feel this sexual energy. The zipping starts on my left side, my arm maybe, then travels slowly across me, from left to right. When it crosses my center, if I'm still in that state, the sexual energy becomes extremely intense, like some kind of tantric energy with a zipper involved. It's strange to say the least, but I got a good laugh writing this at least.

Cognitive Heart
#12 Posted : 5/21/2016 4:27:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, yes. The great Zzzzzzzzzzzzalvia. Laughing

It's as if the universe or some alternate, strange dimension of reality wants you to unzip your human form and all aboard the temporary, folding space of child-like merry-go-rounds, spinning wheels and beings of utter, stupendous nature. Very happy A simple, acute and profound experience, the Sheppardness is. Unlike anything else yet existing in everywhere else.

The coming and going of the mysterious carnival. Always active and alive. One ticket suddenly turns into an infinite amount of tickets. And we're all welcome. If it's your first ride, you have to unzip. Big grin
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

BundleflowerPower
#13 Posted : 5/21/2016 4:39:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Ah, yes. The great Zzzzzzzzzzzzalvia. Laughing

It's as if the universe or some alternate, strange dimension of reality wants you to unzip your human form and all aboard the temporary, folding space of child-like merry-go-rounds, spinning wheels and beings of utter stupendous nature. Very happy A simple, acute and profound experience, the Sheppardness is. Unlike anything else yet existing in everywhere else.

The coming and going of the mysterious carnival. Always active and alive. One ticket suddenly turns into an infinite amount of tickets. And we're all welcome. If it's your first ride, you have to unzip. She can be quite forceful, anyhow. Big grin

Don't think I've gotten past the zipper yet, maybe a little. Perhaps I need to smoke more next time. It's just so strange at first.

Cognitive Heart
#14 Posted : 5/21/2016 9:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let go, the zipper keepers say. Just let go! Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

BundleflowerPower
#15 Posted : 5/23/2016 12:42:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Let go, the zipper keepers say. Just let go! Thumbs up

That's the thing with salvia. With ayahuasca and shrooms I don't have a problem letting go, but salvia is just so strange, I need to get to know the plant better.

SalviaDroid
#16 Posted : 5/30/2016 10:09:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The zippers definitely are a reoccurring theme with Salvia. I've been trying to document the "unzipping from your body" effect in my drawings. Couldn't even give a guess to why or what it is.

UgraKarma
#17 Posted : 7/2/2016 6:34:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SalviaDroid wrote:

The zippers definitely are a reoccurring theme with Salvia. I've been trying to document the "unzipping from your body" effect in my drawings. Couldn't even give a guess to why or what it is.

I like to think that all the great artists and poets in the entheogenic canon have one or two specific tropes they smuggle back from the experience - and not only make their own for the sake of the art, but help to inform a wider dialogue of how we experience these phenomena.

Like Terence McKenna's machine elves, like the Alex Grey's depiction of the dissolution of the physical body, like Dale Pendell's "voice of the Ally" - if nobody has ever said it - I'd like to say that I see your artwork as uniquely capturing and manifesting this zipper phenomena more effectively than any artist I can think of.

TLDR; Thanks for your wonderful artworks!

Metanoia
#18 Posted : 7/2/2016 7:06:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
I'd like to say that I see your artwork as uniquely capturing and manifesting this zipper phenomena more effectively than any artist I can think of.

TLDR; Thanks for your wonderful artworks!

I second that, if I haven't said it already Laughing But it's more than just one Salvia motif that 'Droid nails. It's all represented there. The gears, the conveyor belt/flattening, the zipping/unzipping, even the ferris wheel/carnivalesque type imagery. It stuns me every time because it's all presented so eerily, so perfectly Smile

starway6
#19 Posted : 7/3/2016 4:12:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SalviaDroid wrote:

Very good artwork with very alive colors!!

A lot of images on sally is multiplyed many times over and over and i agree about the flat as a rug thing to or being made into a pizza crust as you are flatened by the roller...

Its not that easy to remember this much detail from a sally trip..how do you do it?..

You are a good artist.. you should make black light posters!!