We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom Salad! Options

Chan
#1 Posted : 5/8/2016 10:49:13 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

So, just finished my first V-Tek. Kudos, gratitude and mush-love to Violet and Annie, my first flush from 8 pint pots was just shy of 300g. So, I got "blue juice" brewing up everywhere, and a steady supply of aborts, caps and stems as I start printing and cloning.

Not much to say on the tek, other than it worked beautifully, as I stuck closely to the instructions. Only thing was, I didn't pre-boil the RGS, just soaked it in hot water before sterilising, and I think my substrate maybe got a little too dry during the long, slow GT colonisation phase (having started from MS). Of all the problems to have though, that one is probably the least worst... I began with 10 pots, but 2 never fully colonised, only reaching blotchy long after the others were already pinning. When I opened them up, the tops were fuzzy and pale grey, making me think of cobweb mould...so they got turfed out into the garden.

Anyway, here's a little something I knocked up yesterday evening. It was extremely delicious, not to mention effective. I've decided to call it "Violet Salad"...

Red endive
Red onion
Parsley
Grated Parmesan
Capers

Soak fresh shrooms, chopping any large specimens, in lemon juice for 10 mins.

Once you've chopped and mixed the other ingredients, in your preferred proportions, mix up some mustard and olive oil for the dressing, before blending in the lemon juice strained from the shrooms. I used 10g fresh per portion, but the strong flavours could easily carry a lot more, if desired. Eat immediately.

Chan attached the following image(s):
IMG_1197 copy.jpg (826kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

oversoul1919
#2 Posted : 5/8/2016 1:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are those abort cubes? I have harvested many aborts from just three PF cakes. Smile
Nice recipe, hope to try sometimes. Cheers. Smile

Chan
#3 Posted : 5/8/2016 3:35:50 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Yep, cubes, Golden Teachers, or "Great Tasters" even Thumbs up
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

anne halonium
#4 Posted : 5/8/2016 7:54:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

TGO
#5 Posted : 5/9/2016 1:06:13 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Drool

Looks amazing, I could use a psychedelic salad right about now! Or any salad really...I love a good salad! nom nom!

Very happy
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish