We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Friend on LSD thinks he's dying Options

CindiMayweather
#1 Posted : 5/5/2016 5:18:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a friend online who decided to do 400ug of LSD and he thinks he gave himself cancer. He says he hasn't slept very much lately and doesn't really know what to make of it, but he is afraid that he's dying. He has already peaked, still has 4-6 hours left. Has anyone had an experience like this? I haven't tried LSD, so I cannot really relate any experience to his aside from when I thought I was dead on DMT.

He keeps saying that cancer is a fractal, and that he split his cells and told them to multiply. Now he feels like he has cancer.

I might not be able to convince him otherwise, but is there anyone who has been in this type of situation before who was really scared and how did you get through it?
The quotiest quote of all quotes.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Valmar
#2 Posted : 5/5/2016 6:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ego loss can occur fully or partially at these doses, which can make one feel as if they are dying. Repeatedly reassure him, projecting an aura of calm and peace, that he is fine and all is well.

Because the conscious critical filter is removed to some degree in these states, it can become very easy for one to convince oneself of something, even if not true. At those doses, thoughts can take on a life of their own. So, use that to your advantage to reassure him that he doesn't have cancer, again projecting calm and peace in action and voice. The fractals he is seeing is merely of cells dividing. Cells divide all the time, and has nothing strictly to do with cancer. Take a bit of time to think wisely about your wording.

Others may have better advice than me, but this is what I can offer. Best of luck! Smile
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 5/5/2016 7:18:18 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

CindiMayweather wrote:
I might not be able to convince him otherwise, but is there anyone who has been in this type of situation before who was really scared and how did you get through it?

Quote:
„Severe agitation may respond to diazepam (20 mg orally). “Talking down” by reassurance also is effective and is the management of first choice. Antipsychotic medications may intensify the experience and thus are not indicated.“ Laurence Brunton, Bruce A. Chabner, Bjorn Knollman: Goodman and Gilman's Manual of Pharmacology and Therapeutics Twelfth edition, McGraw-Hill 2011, S. 1537, ISBN 978-0-07-176939-6

Quote:
LSD proved to be, at best, a weak mutagen, if mutagenic at all. Teratogenicity studies in animals are confusing due to the multitude of organisms and plethora of discriminant parameters studied. However, with regard to man there has been ample opportunity and one can conclude that LSD is not teratogenic.

From our own work and from a review of the literature, we believe that pure LSD ingested in moderate doses does not damage chromosomes in vivo, does not cause detectable genetic damage, and is not a teratogen or a carcinogen in man. Within these bounds, therefore, we suggest that, other than during pregnancy, there is no present contraindication to the continued controlled experimental use of pure LSD.

Note added in proof: A brief review has been brought to our attention. Although based on a sample of only 15 studies the author reached conclusions similar to our own (92).

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/172/3982/431
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/99650

400µg is nuts unless you really know what you're doing, 75µg for noobs at the max. 150µg is my upper limit and quite uncomfortable without Benzos. Lesson learned.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 5/5/2016 8:25:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In cases like this, you might get quicker help if you visit the nexus chat room. Personally, i can't really comment on your friends situation but i do wish you the best of luck!

Running Bear
#5 Posted : 5/5/2016 2:26:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A change in scenery, uplifting music and maybe a small dose of Benzodiazepine would have helped. lsd is one of the more uplifting psychedelics, he took way to much.

RhythmSpring
#6 Posted : 5/5/2016 8:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CindiMayweather wrote:
He keeps saying that cancer is a fractal, and that he split his cells and told them to multiply. Now he feels like he has cancer.

Tell him if he feels like he has the power to give himself cancer, he certainly has the power to cure it. If he can tell his cells what to do...
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

anon_003
#7 Posted : 5/5/2016 8:19:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Technically, he IS dying... aren't we all?
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

starway6
#8 Posted : 5/5/2016 8:40:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How pure was the LSD?
Often acid is laced with other substances like.. a little strycnine .. or other chemicles to make the trip more colorfull...

Impure lsd can have a freak out effect on some people...

I find pure lsd like ...blotter...windowpayne very smooth i can even fall asleep on it..

DmnStr8
#9 Posted : 5/5/2016 11:18:44 PM

Come what may

Anoint him the cancer king. Every time he mentions cancer say 'All hail the cancer king!'.

Razz
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

#10 Posted : 5/5/2016 11:58:22 PM

Psilosopher

Reminds me of my only ever bad mushroom trip where I felt like I had foresights of my inevitable cancerous demise because I tripped while suffering from some abdominal distress. To this day I will never again trip mushrooms unless I feel 100% physically sound Thumbs up
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Ufostrahlen
#11 Posted : 5/6/2016 6:50:15 AM

starway6 wrote:
Often acid is laced with other substances like.. a little strycnine ..

Source?
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

#12 Posted : 5/6/2016 12:28:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

anon_003 wrote:
Technically, he IS dying... aren't we all?

Slowly but surely. Razz

DmnStr8 wrote:
Anoint him the cancer king. Every time he mentions cancer say 'All hail the cancer king!'.

Laughing

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 5/6/2016 10:29:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ufostrahlen wrote:
starway6 wrote:

Source?

No sourcing talk Wink LOL

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ufostrahlen
#14 Posted : 5/6/2016 10:36:12 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Ufostrahlen wrote:
starway6 wrote:

Source?

No sourcing talk Wink LOL

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Haha... nice one.

Nathanial.Dread
#15 Posted : 5/6/2016 11:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
How pure was the LSD?
Often acid is laced with other substances like.. a little strycnine .. or other chemicles to make the trip more colorfull...

Nope, at least, not as far as strychnine is concerning.

From Sasha Shulgin, via Erowid:
https://www.erowid.org/c...cals/lsd/lsd_myth5.shtml

Shulgin wrote:
"The observation of strychnine as being present in any street drug, as a by-product, or a contaminant, or an impurity has never been documented. It is a natural plant product, as are the ergots which are used in the synthesis of LSD. But they come from totally unrelated plants; there has never been a report of strychnine and an ergot alkaloid co-existing in a single species. So if the two materials are together in a drug sample, it could only be by the hand of man. I have personally looked a large number of illicit street offerings and have never detected the presence of strychnine. The few times that I have indeed found it present, have been in legal exhibits where it usually occurred in admixture with brucine (also from the plant Strychnos nux-vomica) in criminal cases involving attempted or successful poisoning.

The same argument applies to the myth that occasionally surfaces, that strychnine occurs in the white tufts of peyote. This is equally fraudulent -- it has never been reported in that cactus or any other cactus."

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

universecannon
#16 Posted : 5/7/2016 1:59:06 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

starway6 wrote:
How pure was the LSD?

Impure lsd can have a freak out effect on some people...

I find pure lsd like ...blotter...windowpayne very smooth i can even fall asleep on it..

I've had pure LSD that was very smooth and I've fallen asleep on it...But I've also had pure LSD that ended in a freakout far worse than the OP's story here. The set/setting can make the difference seem like night and day sometimes.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

endlessness
#17 Posted : 5/7/2016 2:24:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, Im with UC, pure LSD can def also give people bad trips just like any psychedelic given a bad set/setting.

And no, there's no strychnine nor nothing else mixed with LSD to make it more colourful nor anything of the sort, according to all analysis published so far. Either it's LSD (sometimes with a bit of iso-LSD), or it's not LSD at all, mostly nbomes or some DOx.

So OP, how does your friend feel now?

roninsina
#18 Posted : 5/8/2016 7:26:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

So OP, how does your friend feel now?

Yes, I'm curious as well. I once spent an evening on LSD with a very close friend, and I spent the following month believing he had evil intent toward me spiritually, and wanted to kill me. My friend, mutually thought I wanted to murder him. It took some close, common friends talking sense into us before it was resolved; though I spent years with some doubt in the back of my mind.

I have also experienced times where I believed I was exposed to spontaneously generated cancer, from different sources, on more than one occasion. When someone is in that state, whether one believes it to be hyper-conscious or psychotically delusional, it's important to remind them that those capacities carry both polarities. If he has the power to cause himself cancer, then he likely has the power to un-cause it.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost