We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A lesson from a crow Options

Valmar
#1 Posted : 5/2/2016 4:23:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a rather curious crow dream... the setting was a football field of one of my old schools. I was lying on the ground for some reason, propped up at an angle. There was a crow on my right, and a... teddy bear, or something, on my left? Don't remember what it was, maybe because that particular detail wasn't important.

The crow teleported next to the object, picked it up somehow, even though it was the same size, and then walked over to me, very close, so close I could touch it... but then came the lesson. I had no conscious control over my actions, being a dream, but I reached out to touch the crow, but as soon as I did, he flew a few metres away. I tried to throw the object with my oddly weak right arm, in some vain attempt to lure the crow back. I did it again. The crow kept its distance... then the dream shifted and I don't remember what came after. But this segment I mostly vividly remember.

The lesson was basically transparent: I need to stop grasping at spiritual progress (the crow) and let things happen as they may. When I grasp, when I forcebly try to acquire what I am not ready for, I end up never getting results... instead, I just need to let things flow at a natural pace, and they will come when I ready to receive them, and not before...

Also, a curious piece of synchronicity: when I went down the stairs outside my apartment this morning, two crows flew by a short distance away, but I merely stared, just letting it be, the lesson still vivid in my mind, as it is right now. Perhaps they were meant to reinforce the lesson.

I've had crows hanging around my house as well every now and then, since the Ayahuasca ceremony. Even now, there's one crow a-crowing away a short distance away. Magnificent, crowingly crowful birds they are. Smile

Very curious... and very simple. All I have to do... is let nature take it's course. I wonder if there were other, parallel lessons embedded in the symbolism...
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/5/2016 1:37:57 AM

Come what may

I have had some odd experiences with crows in my life. I have always referred to them as Ravens. It's like they watch you. Look at you. I have always had an affinity for this power animal.

I don't want to get all supernatural on you here. It is far to easy to get supernatural when talking about the Raven. Many cultures around the world hold this bird in high esteem. It symbolizes change.

Is it time for you to make some changes in your life?

Cool dream! Love dreaming about Ravens. The dream always takes on a feeling of being observed for me. Watching me!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Valmar
#3 Posted : 5/5/2016 6:46:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
I have had some odd experiences with crows in my life. I have always referred to them as Ravens. It's like they watch you. Look at you. I have always had an affinity for this power animal.

I don't want to get all supernatural on you here. It is far to easy to get supernatural when talking about the Raven. Many cultures around the world hold this bird in high esteem. It symbolizes change.

Is it time for you to make some changes in your life?

Certainly. I must integrate what I am taught, otherwise, I will continue to go nowhere. The crow is such a fascinating bird!

DmnStr8 wrote:
Cool dream! Love dreaming about Ravens. The dream always takes on a feeling of being observed for me. Watching me!

I had one other dream of a crow, a few nights before I last drank Ayahausca. I was in a woman's house, and it was sitting just outside the window, staring at me...

In Norse mythology, Odin was said to have two messenger ravens, Memory / Mind and Thought, who flew above the world. Very mystical creatures.
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Anamnesia
#4 Posted : 5/6/2016 6:18:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your post helped me today. I just wanted to thank you for it.

Peace
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Valmar
#5 Posted : 5/6/2016 8:47:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia wrote:
Your post helped me today. I just wanted to thank you for it.

Peace

I'm glad it helped! Very happy
~ Lǎozǐ

~ Carl Jung

nen888
#6 Posted : 5/7/2016 6:31:23 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..was good to hear Valmar..
crows are love...

universecannon
#7 Posted : 5/7/2016 10:20:36 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Interesting, that's a useful interpretation of that dream.

I actually had a crow dream as well less than 2 weeks ago that was tied into a minor synchronicity the following day.

Funny that you were at an old schools football field. I was also on a sports field at one of my old schools during the dream. Most of it is hazy now, but there was some animal on my shoulder, I think a tiny bird, but then a crow landed on that same shoulder and in the same instant swallowed the other bird whole. Not sure what ways that can be interpreted, Very happy .

The rest is hard to recall. I've been lazy about my dream journal the past couple years.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

TGO
#8 Posted : 5/8/2016 1:24:51 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Very interesting, indeed! I'll just leave this right here:

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Valmar
#9 Posted : 5/8/2016 2:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Interesting, that's a useful interpretation of that dream.

I actually had a crow dream as well less than 2 weeks ago that was tied into a minor synchronicity the following day.

Certainly a sign of something when that happens.

universecannon wrote:

Funny that you were at an old schools football field. I was also on a sports field at one of my old schools during the dream. Most of it is hazy now, but there was some animal on my shoulder, I think a tiny bird, but then a crow landed on that same shoulder and in the same instant swallowed the other bird whole. Not sure what ways that can be interpreted, Very happy .

What a weird dream... not even remotely sure of what that could mean.

universecannon wrote:
The rest is hard to recall. I've been lazy about my dream journal the past couple years.

Perhaps I should start writing down dreams... might come in handy for practicing lucid dreaming.
~ Lǎozǐ

~ Carl Jung

Koornut
#10 Posted : 5/8/2016 2:53:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://m.smh.com.au/ente...irds-20140405-3650p.html
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

universecannon
#11 Posted : 5/8/2016 3:22:11 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Valmar wrote:

Perhaps I should start writing down dreams... might come in handy for practicing lucid dreaming.

Over time, a dream journal can do wonders for increasing dream awareness and recall Thumbs up

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

anon_003
#12 Posted : 5/8/2016 7:41:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A dream journal is essential! No matter how spiritually enlightened you think yourself to be/ Smile

I love examining the dream-settings. Why do the same settings always pop up?

Internal dream work is important for us weird folks. Listen to your subconcious mind and its take on things!

Please be well,

SR
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Old Crow
#13 Posted : 5/8/2016 1:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Darn crows...Big grin

Old Crow
#14 Posted : 5/8/2016 1:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A flapping of wings
Flickering lights
Another soul
Has taken to flight
A mist is gathering
Over the meadows
As the crow flies...
Form here to there

Life is a dream that we all seem to share.