We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Salvia quid experience Options

balaganist
#1 Posted : 10/10/2009 12:28:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The other day my Salvia plant outside was battered by heavy rain. As I tried to right the branches, all of them came off the main stem... which was a good sign that that night was the night to meet/experience Her in the traditional way. So... I replanted the branches in a pot indoors, and took a load of leaves to make the quids from an hour or so before I was to begin. I made two rolls with the leaves. I prepared my room a bit, lit a candle, lit some Palo Santo insence... meditated a few mins on my intention.

I then began to chew... and chew.. and uurrghgsghshgh ... chew some more... I was beginning to feel a subtle change.. repeating my intentions.. then I suddenly got annoyed at the sound of the central heating so went to switch it off.. back to chewing... then thought I may need some more so went back to the branches and picked about 5 more leaves (which was almost all of them used). Back to chewing.

I lay down. Felt it beginning to come on. Suddenly the big ball of chewed leaf in my mouth was like a big boulder in my way! So I took out. Felt much better. The journey began. I dont remember too much of it.. but I remember seeing/feeling a big intricate wall or side of a cliff, and how it was kind of drawing an outline on my thoughts and senses, which then became "visions" of a sort.. it was deep, I did not realise how much time had gone by... BUT the experience had a lot of annoyance about it - something I had before in my flat when I used to smoke salvia. Its almost like Salvia or a part of me really dont like the place I live, it was jarring. My neighbour had the TV on or was talking, not sure what but a couple of times I got really distracted and then very annoyed. Its funny Salvia seems to make me REALLY ANNOYED at being disturbed when I am in the trip. I am normally really calm and gentle.

I wish I could remember more of it. It was very interesting and I would do it again for sure. But maybe out in nature or in a different place. I appreciated the slow come on, makes it much easier, was not so mind boggling. I was asking for teachings, for knowledge, I was like why is this so much about being annoyed??? I want to learn.. but I think it was also showing me that perhaps where I currently live is not right for me, something I have felt recently.

Shame that winter is near so I cant grow more Salvia outside, I have very bad luck growing it indoors here in the UK. But I will persevere!

I also felt some healing going on, possibly during the trip but def later on as I was trying to sleep - I had been in an Ayahuasca ceremony a few days before, and it felt like they were talking to each other, Lady Salvia and Mama Ayahuasca. I would like to try them together one day.

Anyway - highly recommended for those thinking about trying Salvia this way. Just make sure - you are in a very quiet dark place, and that you wont be disturbed.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 10/11/2009 2:36:09 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Thanks for posting!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

biopsylo
#3 Posted : 10/19/2009 2:30:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Just make sure - you are in a very quiet dark place, and that you wont be disturbed. "

yeah, like a kiva.
i agree to the point of sensory deprivation. i have felt this same annoyance. small noises ruin everything.
i think the native americans of the southwest must have had something going on in the ceremonial kivas underground. was in chaco canyon recently, and learned that it was the largest center of trade, and parrot feathers from central america were found here. not to far of a stretch to think salvia may have been traded up north as well.
interesting about chewing the leaves.
must be different with fresh plants, too.
eyes of the shepherdess

jamie
#4 Posted : 10/19/2009 2:44:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"but I remember seeing/feeling a big intricate wall or side of a cliff, and how it was kind of drawing an outline on my thoughts and senses, which then became "visions" of a sort.. it was deep, I did not realise how much time had gone by..."

Hey thats a great description of it Balaganist! Reading that made me feel like i was there..thats how it always starts for me as well..

I know what you mean about the annoyance thing..I get that ALOT as well if there is eventhe tiniest thing distracting me..most music does this as well..only certain slow and mellow tones I can handle with salvia..Even if a car drives by outside I get the urge to run out there and tell them to "shut up!..Im trying to trip..Im on salvia!"..I think this aspect of it gets to alot of people. It's almost as if salvia is actaully soooo peacful a being that she cannot stand our distracting stressful environments..I feel like salvia space is soo sacred and when I am there I just want to completely shut this place out.

Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#5 Posted : 10/19/2009 2:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Interestingly I began to actaully learn from the annoyance that I feel in the trip..becasue when it's not there I feel so at peace with everything in a very unique way..I have smoked salvia many many times for no other reason than to analyse the nature of the annoyance...the state I am in when it happens etc..

I always get this ripped off feeling when things arent right..I didint take enough or the music is keeping me here, too much noise outside etc..like my soul longs for it, NEEDS the comfort and peacefulness of a deep plunge into that place..when you get there it's so comforting, like a warm blanket of serenity wrapping around my entire being and gently massaging me..but the distraction make me feel cut off from that and I get angry at them.

I also smoked alot and attmepted to resist feeling this annoyance and train myself to hold on the beauftiful peacefulness, with some success..

I think salvia in some ways is close to meditation.

Salvia really taught me alot about how to be soft and gentle, but it was though the extreme polarities I experiences when I used to smoke her every night..did it almost every day for months last year.
Long live the unwoke.

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 10/19/2009 11:52:10 AM

JC

I know the feeling of having noisy neighbours, bloody nightmare. Every single time I would take ayahuasca or mushrooms myself it seemed to be a cue for the neighbours to make lots of noise, really peed me off. Luckily im going to move in with my g/f and her flats a lot quiter than mines, part from the ignorant neighbours slamming the door from time to time but its made a big difference to my expereinces.

I was wondering how many leaves did you chew? Were they large? Ive chewed 22 fairly large leaves and didnt get a thing! Sad

jamie
#7 Posted : 10/19/2009 4:28:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^the way you chew them makes a big difference..did you chew lightly right at the back near the wisdom teeth? right at the very back of the jaw and beginning of the throat is where the stuff absorbs the best..
Long live the unwoke.

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 10/19/2009 5:04:23 PM

JC

I did, though I wasnt chewing all the time, I would hold it at the back of my mouth between my wisdom teeth and cheek and squeeze it every so often then chew some more, I also would try hold the saliva in my mouth. Should I chew continuously then yes?

jamie
#9 Posted : 10/19/2009 10:43:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I dunno I did it just like you did...I would just try some more..the reverse tolerany thing is for real..were you sitting ina dark room? unless you take a real high dose the light can block the visions from comming..but you should still feel the twisting and stretching.
Long live the unwoke.

balaganist
#10 Posted : 10/19/2009 11:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I reckon I chewed about 40 or so leaves... I didnt count. I basically stripped all the leaves off one plant!
I'm glad its not just me who gets the annoyance thing. I agree, it puts you into such a serene space, but when disturbed it is REALLY disturbing. I was also wondering about how its used traditionally.... cos I read they used to sing as they were on it, to bring back the knowledge.. and maybe had some drumming going on. I would love to try it in a traditional ceremony one time.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

jamie
#11 Posted : 10/19/2009 11:42:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is an article that sheds some light on it's traditional use..

http://www.sagewisdom.org/lessons.html
Long live the unwoke.