We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Red Jungle Spice (Yuremamine?) ~PICTURES~ Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 10/9/2009 9:47:13 PM

SWIM

Hey guys, SWIM noticed that there was a striking lack of pictures of red jungle.

SWIM got this through his not-quite-original tek, a B/A/B with xylene then naptha. of MHRB

The alkaloid was pulled off with the xylene then floated on top of the basified water.

the layer which is quite an unbreakable emulsion with naptha (containing n-n-dmt) and water with the red spice.

the layer was let evaporate, then heated naptha was used to pull off the N-N-dmt.

What was left was 462 mg of brownish-reddish powder. very dense and heavy.

this is from about 1/2 a 50g extraction and the full of a 125g batch both of MHRB so ~.3%

SWIM has yet to smoke it, he may some time, but SWIM has been told about a FOAF who might "guinea pig" it

if it doesn't turn out SWIM will start off at 3-5 mg if he gets the courage.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Heretic
#2 Posted : 11/5/2009 7:05:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try it for sure and post about the high when you return Smile

this is what swim's "a/b, xylene pull, fasa, freebase, melt, naptha wash + water wash, re-xtal'd red" looks like.

swim wishes he had a better camera, but he basically has rock solid chunks of what he believes to be a mixture of Jspice + n-oxide with most of the oils removed. (he does not believe the red oil to be the jungle, rather just a plant oil as it does not survive a proper fasa)

Upon breaking the brown rocks a brown-beige powder is retrieved... swim will follow up and see if further naptha washes clean the specimen of hypothetical n-oxide.

The purest Jspice swims ever smoked was a whitish-beige powder that upon 1 hit entered an oev world of hallucinations with insane neon colors lasting 20-30 minutes... this one trip leads swim to believe that most j spice still has alot of n-oxide trapped inside and that removal of the n-oxide Changes the trip exponentially!

the brown stuff is very visual, very body, but lacks bright colors, one more reason why n-oxide is presumed to be a contaminate
Heretic attached the following image(s):
Photo 503.jpg (81kb) downloaded 1,592 time(s).
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

shoe
#3 Posted : 11/9/2009 1:33:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Woo, Yay!! Finally!! Some cohesive research on this stuff!!!!

Good work old chap! *a glass of cold beer for you!* (or perhaps a hot irish coffee since its winter.)
Please keep us all updated on the effort to remove all n-oxide and test the purest j-spice experience?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 11/9/2009 1:37:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great job! I would really love to see a bioassay of these crystals taken orally without any MAOI, as Yuremamine is suggested as the reason for the noted oral activity of MHRB.

burnt
#5 Posted : 11/14/2009 1:50:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

How can one assume that there is no dmt in that extract? analytical characterization of jungle spice alkaloids shows its mostly dmt with some other alkaloids that appear to be beta carboline like.

Spock's Brain
#6 Posted : 11/14/2009 6:39:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I WANT TO SMOKE IT!
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 11/15/2009 4:59:51 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Burnt wrote:
How can one assume that there is no dmt in that extract? analytical characterization of jungle spice alkaloids shows its mostly dmt with some other alkaloids that appear to be beta carboline like.

Yea, also I thought that Entropymancer ruled out Yuremamine as a candidate for Jungle a while ago when he compiled this paper. I'm pretty sure there were a significant number of indicators pointing away from it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Heretic
#8 Posted : 11/16/2009 4:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the product is degraded, not destroyed, and experiments have been performed where strong bases and low bases were used.
In a 24 hour a/b with a ph of 11.5 with lye a relatively pure solid is obtained with xylene followed by hot naptha washes... hypothosized to be relatively pure yuremamine. Product is an eggshell off-white solid.

in a 24 hour a/b with ph of 13+ a waxier solid darker in color is obtained instead... hypothosized to be degraded yuremamine mixed with yuremamine.

I seem to recall yuremamine being hypothesized to break down into one(?) of 3 products.

Try a carefully acidified/based a/b + fasa-to-freebase with followed by carb wash with xylene... evap and use steaming naptha to pull the white dmt out of the alkaloid mix.. pull until no more dmt is obtained.

You are left with (depending on how gentle you were with the process) =

brown oil
tan oil
white oil

which will all harden after scraping. If it hardens right away you have some good shit for sure Smile

the harder and more crystally the product is the less degraded and less contaminated by fats/oils it is, although no fats nor oils should survive the double acid base procedure described so any variance in what you pull is from the degradation of the precious soul of yurema.

this is all hypothetical.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 11/16/2009 3:32:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Heretic, I see you've posted a jungle tek, but I don't really understand the point of your posting it, or how it fits in to the discussion at this juncture...Also, both on the colors mentioned in the tek and the color of the product in the bag (bottom picture); does this qualify as Jungle Spice? In my xylene pulls (back when I was willing to work with xylene, that stuff is icky) I never got anything lighter than a deep, dark red product (at least by the time it was completely evapped/dry, it may have started off yellow or light brown, but it always progressed to dark red).

Additionally, citing Entropymancer's paper again, I was under the impression that (and this could be general consensus or entropymancer's own opinion rather than legitimate, unbiased fact) only the stuff that solidified into a waxy (but solid) red/red-brown mass was considered "Jungle Spice" and the other stuff fell into other categories (the tan waxes and yellow oils necessarily do not contain all of the elements that exist in Jungle). Just my $.02, I've had some really interesting experiences with jungle that are markedly different from the oils and goos and there's a lot of confusion about what is contained in the different pulls. I'm not criticizing Wink , just trying to help clarify a very murky area through discussion.

peace
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

DMTripper
#10 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:46:45 AM

John Murdoch IV

shoe wrote:
Woo, Yay!! Finally!! Some cohesive research on this stuff!!!!

.....Please keep us all updated on the effort to remove all n-oxide and test the purest j-spice experience?

Why remove the n-oxide? I love that stuff. Don't understand what people have against it.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:49:39 AM

omnia sunt communia!

DMTripper wrote:
Why remove the n-oxide? I love that stuff. Don't understand what people have against it.

Hear hear! I just had a beautiful experience with some n-oxide...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

nadir
#12 Posted : 11/25/2009 3:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim thought a good idea would be to reuse old mhrb wine by pulling it with toluene.
so he pulled it two times and left evap for a week.
The result is dark red-black resin which looks wet and sticks to anything.
Could anyone suggest what next could be done with this thing? (washing etc.)
p.s. when swim was pulling toluene it was milky white, is that normal?Shocked
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 11/25/2009 3:30:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would redissolve it in alcohol (non denatured) or acetone or smt and evap it again, at least a few times, to get rid of residual toluene... keep scrapping/rescrapping, try drying in a food dehydrator if you have one, if not just have patience.. in the worse case if it doesnt harden up at all, make a guess of how much there must be, redissolve in alcohol once again and evap on some herbs (in a guessed 1:1 ratio), and then smoke that ..

nadir
#14 Posted : 11/25/2009 4:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I would redissolve it in alcohol (non denatured) or acetone or smt and evap it again, at least a few times, to get rid of residual toluene... keep scrapping/rescrapping, try drying in a food dehydrator if you have one, if not just have patience.. in the worse case if it doesnt harden up at all, make a guess of how much there must be, redissolve in alcohol once again and evap on some herbs (in a guessed 1:1 ratio), and then smoke that ..

ok, thanks.
will try dissolving in acetone
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

SKA
#15 Posted : 10/8/2010 2:25:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Looks much like the reddish brown spice SWIM once extracted. Except SWIM's spice was sticky and much deeper red/brown ( but it could be SWIY's red spice looks less deep-red due to it having been scraped up to powder)

SWIM extracted this red spice from MHRB via a STB using Lye, water and Diethyl Ether. It was Rediculously strong, rediculously visual and Rediculously potent.
SWIM has not yet been able to reproduce such potent, immersive spice in subsequent extractions.

StrangeLoop
#16 Posted : 11/23/2010 1:25:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that actually jungle spice in the first pic? I've pulled similar crystals using just naphtha and a heat bath. I've gotten every range of color from white to brown and all shades of tannish yellow in between. It's all been good spice. Am I the only one who never ever recrystallizes? Even a slightly waxy product will dry and crumble into a nice smokable powder given a little time. My favorite spice so far has actually been a dark brown powder. My second favorite is a nice yellow color. The white spice is nice but it's nothing special IMO. Soon enough I will try a jungle tek, once I get the appropriate solvents. I'm really interested in seeing if jungle spice does offer a more Terrence Mckenna-esque trip, since many have speculated the DMT of his experience included jungle alkaloids.

BananaForeskin
#17 Posted : 11/23/2010 1:49:44 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

^^^

You're not the only one, mate. I, too, don't re-x.

There was a thread a while back speculating on how naptha might be able to pick up jungle spice with heat and time, and that's been my experience too; however, it could just be plant fats and a lot of placebo.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jamie
#18 Posted : 11/23/2010 3:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

StrangeLoop wrote:
Is that actually jungle spice in the first pic? I've pulled similar crystals using just naphtha and a heat bath. I've gotten every range of color from white to brown and all shades of tannish yellow in between. It's all been good spice. Am I the only one who never ever recrystallizes? Even a slightly waxy product will dry and crumble into a nice smokable powder given a little time. My favorite spice so far has actually been a dark brown powder. My second favorite is a nice yellow color. The white spice is nice but it's nothing special IMO. Soon enough I will try a jungle tek, once I get the appropriate solvents. I'm really interested in seeing if jungle spice does offer a more Terrence Mckenna-esque trip, since many have speculated the DMT of his experience included jungle alkaloids.

As far as I know, Mckenna used synthetic DMT..I had someone directly explain to me, that knows gracie and zarkov personally, that the 3 of them had a large supply of spice synthed by a chemist for theyre experiments way back in the day. He also described it as a synthetic yellow waxy substance.

I wouldnt doubt that he was into chacruna extraction as well a bit later on, since he had a farm full of caapi and chacruna..but I really dont know..
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#19 Posted : 11/23/2010 11:19:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman, but how do you know? Subjective essay only or also analytical tests? Where there double blind tests done?